Missing video link on "Is your monitor fast enough" Techquickie?

Delicieuxz

I seem to keep noticing absent video links in various (non-LTT) youtube videos and I'm wondering whether it's a browser-side issue or if the link were actually forgotten to be added after the video was uploaded.

Here's a timestamp where Linus says people can learn more about TN panels 'here', pointing to an older LTT video that appears in the top-right corner of the screen, but there's no link to go along with it.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Didn't Youtube remove that feature months ago? Essentially breaking all videos which were using notation of some sort.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It appears to be there - you may have to enable annotations by clicking on the cog wheel in the bottom-right of the player and ensuring annotations are enabled. This allows the info pane to be displayed with the video link.

There is a default setting for this somewhere on YouTube but I'm not sure where currently.

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Didn't Youtube remove that feature months ago? Essentially breaking all videos which were using notation of some sort.

I recall they removed something. The Techquickie video is a new upload, though.

2 minutes ago, joshdavies said:

It appears to be there - you may have to enable annotations by clicking on the cog wheel in the bottom-right of the player and ensuring annotations are enabled. This allows the info pane to be displayed with the video link.

There is a default setting for this somewhere on YouTube but I'm not sure where currently.

Can you click on the video that appears and it goes to that video?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

16 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You're thinking of annotations, which YouTube ultimately did remove back in January. 

In-video links still work:

DWOzA.png

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

I recall they removed something. The Techquickie video is a new upload, though.

Can you click on the video that appears and it goes to that video?

Yep, it works fine here. Just need to make sure annotations are enabled.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

You're thinking of annotations, which YouTube ultimately did remove back in January. 

And thats what I thought this was about. The Info-button seems to be still there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

42 minutes ago, joshdavies said:

Yep, it works fine here. Just need to make sure annotations are enabled.

I have them enabled in the settings for the latest version of Chrome, yet video links still don't show up. I tried disabling all ad blockers, too. I don't know what's up.

584037968_YTannotations.PNG.15b49dcdf42004dd4e939d61d29d38d6.PNG

On 7/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, Delicieuxz said:

I have them enabled in the settings for the latest version of Chrome, yet video links still don't show up. I tried disabling all ad blockers, too. I don't know what's up.

After enabling that setting, make sure to check that annotations are enabled on the video itself. It didn't automatically have a effect for me. You may also have to be in full screen for the 'i' to show.

I'm not sure what else if that doesn't work, but the links work for me so they are still there. :)