Silicon Lottery Announces Ryzen 3000 Bins

Go to solution Solved by Drak3,

But they're supposed to be 5GHz capable parts!!1!!!!!!

/s

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Where's your source to verify this claim?

He doesn't have one.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

Literally the fucking fact that it's a better binned chip? As for your long ass post. No, go read a fucking book, or in this case a white paper.

You're not going to read 5 paragraphs, each between 1 and 2 sentences long? Right.

Hey, if you can link me a whitepaper that verifies your unsubstantiated claims? That, my friend, would be a start.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

You're not going to read 5 paragraphs, each between 1 and 2 sentences long? Right.

Hey, if you can link me a whitepaper that verifies your unsubstantiated claims? That, my friend, would be a start.

Hey if you can go do literally any research on your own that would be a start. I read it all but it's literally just bullshit, I'm not gonna respond line by line.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

He doesn't have one.

Yikes. Guess I need a source to know better binned shit clocks better guys.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

5 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Yikes. Guess I need a source to know better binned shit clocks better guys.

That's not what you claimed. A better binned processor isn't inherently because it was made on a node that's been established for longer. Binning can be done at any stage of the process.

You were saying that because a node has existed for longer, they can increase the performance of the same chips. That's not just binning. That implies that minor (unknown, and unspecified) changes to the node itself effect overall performance.

We do know that as a node is refined, we can increase yields, because less of the wafer is wasted due to defects. Defects can cause all sorts of different results - sometimes making a chip entirely useless. Sometimes making a chip partially useless, but still salvageable for other purposes (a lower end SKU, generally).

We have not established that minor node refinements increase performance as a cold, hard figure.

7 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Hey if you can go do literally any research on your own that would be a start. I read it all but it's literally just bullshit, I'm not gonna respond line by line.

No. You made a claim, you refuse to provide evidence for that claim. Therefore, your claim is dismissed. I'm not going to do your research for you to provide a source that proves your claim.

The person who makes the claim provides the source.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's not what you claimed. A better binned processor isn't inherently because it was made on a node that's been established for longer. Binning can be done at any stage of the process.

You were saying that because a node has existed for longer, they can increase the performance of the same chips. That's not just binning. That implies that minor (unknown, and unspecified) changes to the node itself effect overall performance.

We do know that as a node is refined, we can increase yields, because less of the wafer is wasted due to defects. Defects can cause all sorts of different results - sometimes making a chip entirely useless. Sometimes making a chip partially useless, but still salvageable for other purposes (a lower end SKU, generally).

We have not established that minor node refinements increase performance as a cold, hard figure.

No. You made a claim, you refuse to provide evidence for that claim. Therefore, your claim is dismissed. I'm not going to do your research for you to provide a source that proves your claim.

The person who makes the claim provides the source.

I'm not sure why you keep responding, I'm not going to spoon feed you knowledge. And if you really think amd releasing a literal up bin of the 8350 2 years later doesn't indicate anything you're a lost cause

2 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

And if you really think amd releasing a literal up bin of the 8350 2 years later doesn't indicate anything

It indicates that AMD released a new bin of the 8350 2 years after the release of the 8350.

Anything beyond that and you either need a source or specify it as speculation.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

I'm not sure why you keep responding, I'm not going to spoon feed you knowledge. And if you really think amd releasing a literal up bin of the 8350 2 years later doesn't indicate anything you're a lost cause

It could indicate many things. You're concluding something that isn't necessarily the case, however. Especially since all indications previously in this thread is that the 8370 and 8350 reach the same overall OC's - which indicates to me that the 8370 isn't inherently a more powerful or better chip. It could very well simply be a chip that has a factory applied OC - one that any 8350 could achieve.

Or maybe there's something to what you say. Unfortunately, without a source, we'll never know.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

It indicates that AMD released a new bin of the 8350 2 years after the release of the 8350.

Anything beyond that and you either need a source or specify it as speculation.

This^

41 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It could indicate many things. You're concluding something that isn't necessarily the case, however. Especially since all indications previously in this thread is that the 8370 and 8350 reach the same overall OC's - which indicates to me that the 8370 isn't inherently a more powerful or better chip. It could very well simply be a chip that has a factory applied OC - one that any 8350 could achieve.

Or maybe there's something to what you say. Unfortunately, without a source, we'll never know.

This^

Big yikes

25 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Big yikes

Yikes indeed - though I suspect not for the reasons you think.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Yikes indeed - though I suspect not for the reasons you think.

If you were going to respond to that you could have tried a little harder than just reversing it

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

If you were going to respond to that you could have tried a little harder than just reversing it

Why waste the effort on someone making unsubstantiated claims and then getting hyper defensive when asked to back up said claims?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

AMD have historically had a fair bit of headroom in their products,  Whether it be unlocking extra cores or just pushing non X and base model processors almost as hard as the higher tier and X branded products.    That seems to be becoming less and less the case of late (and understandably as manufacturing hones in on tighter top end performance leaving little room for improvement in all products).

I wouldn't say that headroom is the result of node improvement but simply the ability to bin chips better during manufacture and separate them into X and non X product variants.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

holdup. 3950x retailing for $0.00 on there rn. pretty good buy, anyone snag one?

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

52 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

And you could have tried a little harder to substantiate your claims - yet... here we are :)

3 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

The fact is if you understood what you were talking about you'd know that there's no fucking advertisement from Intel to use a source. Go learn about how the process actually happens and learn about semiconductor technology in general. There's no magic source from Intel for intra node tweaks because that's proprietary industry secrets. You get what they decide to give you and that was the point of the conversation. Go find me a source for Ford making minor changes to a model year of a car, and I'm talking about all the fucking minutia, not the "we added a new sound system". You don't advertise literally everything you do.

3 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

Literally the fucking fact that it's a better binned chip? As for your long ass post. No, go read a fucking book, or in this case a white paper.

I asked for all the minor details, the literal way it's manufactured. Which you just admit is not freely available.

If this discussion continues, please proceed in a calmer tone, thank you :)