3900x and/or Asrock x570 defective or just junk?

@ch3w2oy

What values do i need to set my SoC voltage too? The setting is 1280 by default, nothing near 1.2v like you mentioned. Or did you mean DRAM voltage?

quick question, if you put 2 ram sticks only, one into A2 and one into B2, everything good at 3200?

Your issue is you might be stuck at 2933 with 4 x 16 in that motherboard

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

6 minutes ago, Tom H said:

quick question, if you put 2 ram sticks only, one into A2 and one into B2, everything good at 3200?

In all of my tests if I have 1-3 ram modules in at 3200Mhz I don’t see any errors.

Ill test it again to validate though. 

15 minutes ago, Tom H said:

No errors with two sticks. One in A2, one in B2. 3200Mhz no memtest errors.

Well based on these results and these findings, this board is a piece of junk.

Basically the board doesn’t appear to be able to run at 3200Mhz unless you only populate 2 slots based on what’s in the manual. That’s pretty pathetic. On top of that the board layout doesn’t allow you to use the USB C header with a GPU installed. It’s simply a shitty design and poor implementation.

Someone please prove me wrong but I’m looking into swapping it out for a board from Gigabyte.

26 minutes ago, kur1j said:

Basically the board doesn’t appear to be able to run at 3200Mhz unless you only populate 2 slots based on what’s in the manual. That’s pretty pathetic. On top of that the board layout doesn’t allow you to use the USB C header with a GPU installed. It’s simply a shitty design and poor implementation.

Someone please prove me wrong but I’m looking into swapping it out for a board from Gigabyte.

You really can't use the USB C header with a GPU? I read that somewhere else and I was thinking about changing mine out for the Phantom Gaming X.. But it's in the same exact location as their almost the same board.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

38 minutes ago, kur1j said:

yeah, it appears that board can only do max 2933 mhz if you use 4 sticks of ram. I'd research the gigabyte boards to make sure they can do 3200 with 4 sticks before swapping. i know some of the Aorus boards don't do well with 4 sticks of ram. I'd look at Asus or MSI

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

2 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

You really can't use the USB C header with a GPU? I read that somewhere else and I was thinking about changing mine out for the Phantom Gaming X.. But it's in the same exact location as their almost the same board.. 

Yeah the header is blocked by the GPU. You *might* be able to get a 90 degree adapter in it but i looked around for a few hours for an adapter but never could find one.

Just now, kur1j said:

Yeah the header is blocked by the GPU. You *might* be able to get a 90 degree adapter in it but i looked around for a few hours for an adapter but never could find one.

Your cases USB adapter isn't a 90 degree? Mine is, I wonder if there's enough room for it because I'm seriously considering the Phantom Gaming X lol.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, ch3w2oy said:

Your cases USB adapter isn't a 90 degree? Mine is, I wonder if there's enough room for it because I'm seriously considering the Phantom Gaming X lol.

The USB C header lines up exactly with PCIe1 slot. Sticks up to far and the card can’t be put into the slot.

A92E36B4-FAAF-465B-A978-72C1B9B738FE.jpeg

16 hours ago, Tom H said:

yeah, it appears that board can only do max 2933 mhz if you use 4 sticks of ram. I'd research the gigabyte boards to make sure they can do 3200 with 4 sticks before swapping. i know some of the Aorus boards don't do well with 4 sticks of ram. I'd look at Asus or MSI

Thanks.

Unfortunately I’m needing 3x NVMe slots and Asus doesn’t even appear to make one that does and the only board from MSI that does is ungodly expensive. 

Ive been following the thread over at overclockers forum and people seemed to be getting decent results. Not great but decent with the Master board which is what I ended up getting.

That sounds about right for running 4 sticks of ram.. was reading a topic the other day about it but cant remember where now,
The new AMD boards seem to be designed to run best with 2 sticks.

Hopefully the new board you are getting does the trick. 

Still waiting for my 3900x I ordered myself so cant even see how my motherboard handles the 4 sticks I currently have haha.. 0 stock of the 3900x in the EU..