How to reduce energy consumption on smartphone?

LightParticle

I have Samsung Galaxy smartphone previous generations. And my battery is become low from 100% to 10-15% in 1 day of power on. It will be ok if I am using it. Problem is what I don't use the phone, I'm just need to power on for 1-2 calls for every day , so almost like 99% of the time smartphone is just backpacking on the table with turned off display. And I don't get know it consume almost all the power from the battery? I mean for what?

I'm asking because I have a tablet pc (also of previous generations) but If keep it with power on with display off, so also like I do with smartphone it consume like only 10% of the battery during the full day.

So why smartphone is consume so much power in idle stand by? Maybe I should cut off or disable some of system processes or something like this?

P.S. Battery on the smartphone is new

7 minutes ago, LightParticle said:

You can underclock it I think if you do a lot of work, otherwise there's probably some kind of extreme battery saving app that can do the same kind of thing.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

You have a samsung, literally just go to the battery settings and put it on ultra power saving mode. There you can only allow a few apps, and your battery will last for a week.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

You have a samsung, literally just go to the battery settings and put it on ultra power saving mode. There you can only allow a few apps, and your battery will last for a week.

I don't sure about Ultra power savings (maybe because it's Anroid 4.x or it's just old smartphone - it's S3 actually). But I have just "Power Savings" options, but i does not helps very well, only for like 15-20 max % saving more, so in my case it's not very like a solution. So its saves maximum only like 3 hours of all day.

15 minutes ago, LightParticle said:

I don't sure about Ultra power savings (maybe because it's Anroid 4.x or it's just old smartphone - it's S3 actually). But I have just "Power Savings" options, but i does not helps very well, only for like 15-20 max % saving more, so in my case it's not very like a solution. So its saves maximum only like 3 hours of all day.

Oh,no ultra mode? I had it on S6, worked great. The normal power saving stuff doesn't do anything.

I don't remember android 4 that well, maybe you can root it and customize the power usage.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

6 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

What is using the power? Can you check?

Android OS 80%
Phone 6%
Device idle 4%
Call standby 4%
Google Services 2%
ES File Explorer 2%

2 hours ago, LightParticle said:

Android OS 80%
Phone 6%
Device idle 4%
Call standby 4%
Google Services 2%
ES File Explorer 2%

Is the battery the original that came with the phone? It may just not be holding its capacity anymore. I set my S8 to 'auto optimize' and restart once a day to make sure I don't  have apps running in the background wasting battery

13 hours ago, steelo said:

Is the battery the original that came with the phone? It may just not be holding its capacity anymore. I set my S8 to 'auto optimize' and restart once a day to make sure I don't  have apps running in the background wasting battery

OP said the battery was new. 

Given that Android OS is eating the lion share of power by a vast amount, I smell a wakelock. Unfortunately, pinning down a wakelock that shows as Android OS is an exercise in frustration infuriating endeavor that will probably shorten your lifespan a few years at the end of it. I don't really have any solutions to offer as you'll probably need root to dig deeper to see which services (within Android OS) are doing what.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

15 hours ago, LightParticle said:

Android OS 80%
Phone 6%
Device idle 4%
Call standby 4%
Google Services 2%
ES File Explorer 2%

I have used S3 lte for many yrs, and its battery life isnt great, here is what I did:

for every phone:

-limit background data from most apps

-uninstall all bloat ware

-dim screen / turn off everything unwanted in settings

-install only minimum apps

for S3 root*

- install custom roms , I picked RR

- underclock the cpu to 800mhz max (disabled 2 cores for some time)

- disable most unwanted startup and apps with lucky patcher & 3c toolbox

On 7/16/2019 at 3:45 AM, Zodiark1593 said:

OP said the battery was new. 

Given that Android OS is eating the lion share of power by a vast amount, I smell a wakelock. Unfortunately, pinning down a wakelock that shows as Android OS is an exercise in frustration infuriating endeavor that will probably shorten your lifespan a few years at the end of it. I don't really have any solutions to offer as you'll probably need root to dig deeper to see which services (within Android OS) are doing what.

Is it a new good or new fake? If just replaced... hope it's a good one. :(

Turn on/enable dark mode/theme  in apps if available.