Problem with FPS (help pls)

Slydemise

My issue is my fps dropping in games. Curious as to why this is happening seeing it wasn't just a month or two ago.
Every time I check my CPU usage it's maxed out hard. My FPS used to stay capped 120 early game and then recently everything even mouse movements throw it down to below 60 easy while in games while looking at areas that have low poly count. Then as the game progresses it just starts to become a joke or something constantly hitting 20 no going above 40. I also get severe hitches. Check my temps meanwhile they're at 45-55 but cpu usage 100%

There has been absolutely no hardware changes in my computer and I keep all drivers up to date and have tried reverting.

Changed my thermal paste and pads on my cpu and gpu in the middle of the night last night.

No I don't have the best gaming pc but still this wasn't happening just a month ago.
Even less capable workstations clocked @2.1ghz I have are out performing my fx-6300. 

Not really sure what the hell to do. I am currently waiting to get my other PC but seriously this is getting ridiculous.

Any help would be great, thanks.

To add, my gpu is taking no hits. It sits around 10% usage at most cpu isn't causing a bottleneck that I can tell either b/c I've tried multiple gpus from 460se to r9 380x.
Currently using a 1050.

To further add, changing resolution, aspect ratio, 3d resolution, graphics further down all have no effect.

Have you tried running DDU to clean out all the old graphics drivers and reinstalling fresh? Having loads of drivers around can cause all sorts of problems

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

if CPU is at 100%, then yes.... you do in fact have a CPU bottleneck. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

56 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

if CPU is at 100%, then yes.... you do in fact have a CPU bottleneck.  

I think the same
When i had my Xeon W3550 in few games no matter what settings i had, fps was the same because CPU bottleneck
Also in many games before changing my CPU i had massive drops and stuttering (in Final Fantasy XV for example) so i i think you need a upgrade
There's a thing that help me sometimes to keep FPS stable, in .exe compability turn off full screen optimization
Still that depends in what kind of games you playing

EDIT: Xeon was with GTX 1060

Edited by Shingen Pendragon
forgot to mention what gpu i had with xeon

Intel i5-9600K Nvidia GTX 1060 Gaming G1Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X │ Corsair RM550x │ Cryorig Universal H5 │Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHZ CL15

5 hours ago, Slydemise said:

I've tried multiple gpus from 460se to r9 380x. Currently using a 1050.

Is your monitor by chance plugged into your motherboard instead of your GPU? What type of cable are you using from your monitor to your PC?

7 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Is your monitor by chance plugged into your motherboard instead of your GPU? What type of cable are you using from your monitor to your PC?

No, I use a dual link DVI which is plugged into my 1050.

12 hours ago, Shingen Pendragon said:

There's a thing that help me sometimes to keep FPS stable, in .exe compability turn off full screen optimization

I'll give that a try and see how it it works. 

14 hours ago, Slydemise said:

Then as the game progresses it just starts to become a joke or something constantly hitting 20 no going above 40. I also get severe hitches.

What game? What are the make and models of your monitors?

9 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

What game? What are the make and models of your monitors?

So far this problem just seems to happen in Fortnite. I understand it is a cpu intensive game but I wasn't having this issue all that long ago.
Late game proves to be a hard hit for even much newer Kaby lake line up.

Tested monitors, same outcome:
LG-25um57
Asus VG248QE

Again, I've also lowered aspect ratio to 16:9 and in game resolution along with 3D resolution and this issue just sticks around with the same fps as before.

5 hours ago, Slydemise said:

Late game proves to be a hard hit for even much newer Kaby lake line up.

How much RAM do you have total in your PC? What is the speed of the RAM as shown in the performance tab of task manager? And what do you have your CPU clocked to?

I'm guessing you are seeing the low fps when in fighting situations with other players correct?