£1000 gaming/editing pc

Stick with the B450 and follow a guide for bios flashback for that board/rtfm and you will be fine. X570 is over priced and you won't use the pcie4 that is its only selling point

46 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If you don't want to have to worry about BIOS flashback at all then I would suggest something else BUT if you're okay with downloading the BIOS and walking through the steps (pretty much plug in a USB drive and it takes care of the rest) then some combination of the two builds might be good. Swap the x570 with your B450 board and maybe look at a different GPU. I only say that because I've dealt with blower cards and they are just overly loud when they don't need to be =/

Would you be able to make a build for me with the X570 then please? Would I need to do that bois thing with that mother board? And can you also make the build have a graphics card you think would be good. Don’t really want to spend anymore than 1100. Would really appreciate my dude, I have no clue with any of this 

34 minutes ago, Precept said:

Stick with the B450 and follow a guide for bios flashback for that board/rtfm and you will be fine. X570 is over priced and you won't use the pcie4 that is its only selling point

Yeah okay a lot have people have already suggested the b450 so I recon I’ll stay with the original build. How can I have the 5700xt not be loud???

How are you editing in Premier Pro? If you are using (or want to use) one pass encoding and Quick Sync, then you'll probably want an Intel chip. Quick Sync doesn't work on two pass encoding. If you are editing 1080p, the CPU won't matter as the file size is not large enough to stress the CPU.

youtu.be/unyD3Qdh7Kc?t=242

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wOBGmxyBEs ; (skip computer building from 2:30 to 9:35 minutes)

43 minutes ago, Bearmann said:

How are you editing in Premier Pro? If you are using (or want to use) one pass encoding and Quick Sync, then you'll probably want an Intel chip. Quick Sync doesn't work on two pass encoding. If you are editing 1080p, the CPU won't matter as the file size is not large enough to stress the CPU.

youtu.be/unyD3Qdh7Kc?t=242

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wOBGmxyBEs ; (skip computer building from 2:30 to 9:35 minutes)

That makes no sense to me bro ngl. I’ve been told the build I have is good for editing and gaming so as long as that’s the case I’m good. Don’t want an intel chip, ryzen seems so much better for me in every way 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

That makes no sense to me bro ngl. I’ve been told the build I have is good for editing and gaming so as long as that’s the case I’m good. Don’t want an intel chip, ryzen seems so much better for me in every way 

There's a lot of excitement around the new Ryzen chips, and for good reason. Get what you like. The choice is yours. If you get interested later, here's a review on the Ryzen 3700X:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GjSiLbCtHU&t=885s

Hey guys so this is the pc I’m gonna buy and build this Fridays I’m going to be using it for video editing with premiere pro and also some gaming.  My question is what monitor should I buy? Have a budget of £200 for the monitor.

3E6F3DDB-90E3-4268-B163-1758D957B4FE.thumb.png.1ac29bc49acfbe4b52cbd58d0cfd25b7.png

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Okay thanks mate I like that monitor. Did confused what the other links are for tho, what’s NVMe? I don’t know if I do have it or not?

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Okay thanks mate I like that monitor. Did confused what the other links are for tho, what’s NVMe? I don’t know if I do have it or not?

Nvme is PCIe on the m.2 Interface that connects to stuff. Usually storage or wifi. 

Its faster than Sata, but if it isnt cached, the extra cost is better spent on a Cached Sata drive, like the mx500.

If you want the faster Nvme, get the cached drive i linked

Edit: Nvme is not needed at all and cached Sata is better than QLC un-cached Nvme

30 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Nvme is PCIe on the m.2 Interface that connects to stuff. Usually storage or wifi. 

Its faster than Sata, but if it isnt cached, the extra cost is better spent on a Cached Sata drive, like the mx500.

If you want the faster Nvme, get the cached drive i linked

Edit: Nvme is not needed at all and cached Sata is better than QLC un-cached Nvme

Huh? Still confused haha is a new builder? Can you just tell me what to buy hahah lol thanks dude

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Huh? Still confused haha is a new builder? Can you just tell me what to buy hahah lol thanks dude

Mx500 i sent link to.

Or if you are doing pro workloads that require ultrafast storage: The EX920

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Mx500 i sent link to.

Or if you are doing pro workloads that require ultrafast storage: The EX920

Na sorry dude you’ve completely lost me. Would you be able to explain this all gain but in user friendly terms. I don’t know any technical terms at all. What do I need to upgrade and why? ???

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Na sorry dude you’ve completely lost me. Would you be able to explain this all gain but in user friendly terms. I don’t know any technical terms at all. What do I need to upgrade and why? ???

tl;dr:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/88bwrH/hp-ex920-1tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-2yy47aaabc

get that one, and you will have as much write/read speed as you will need. 

edit: cached means it starts reading quicker and the time between 2 different reads is smaller.

meanwhile un-cached has a small waiting time between reads.

so while fetching 1 large file on a cached and un-cached drive is just as fast as eachother. in a scenario where you are fetching 100 files, then the cached one will be significantly faster. 

Hey guys, so I’m going to be making a gaming/editing pc. I want it to have the Ryzen 7 3700x cpu. Can someone make a build for me. Would prefer a motherboard that already has the BIOS on it so I don’t have to do any weird stuff to it. Budget around 1000-1200.

many thanks 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Budget around 1000-1200.

USD?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

£1200

For that kind of money, you could fit a 3900X in: the editing workload / video rendering would benefit from it.

If the 3700X is your choice, you could spend more on the GPU, but I feel like the 5700XT offers the best bang for the buck right now. The only real upgrade alternatives, the RTX 2080 or 2080Ti or Radeon VII are ridiculously overpriced.

The below list has parts selected for a cool and quiet running build. Other than that: fast SSD storage for working + large HDD storage for large video files. Fast 32GB of memory will benefit your workload.

Good luck!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  (£479.99 @ AWD-IT)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£67.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£188.17 @ More Computers)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage: Corsair - MP510 960 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£126.98 @ AWD-IT)
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£102.92 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design - Define S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£95.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: be quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£134.98 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1196.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-17 20:34 BST+0100

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WCpXTB

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£319.99 @ AWD-IT) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£164.22 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£72.75 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£64.51 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda Computer 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£51.98 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  (£379.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£69.98 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£83.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Total: £1277.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-17 20:53 BST+0100

I would recommend replacing the motherboard with something like an X570 Taichi just for the feature set but to stay close to budget I went with the cheaper X570-A PRO option. Would you consider expanding that budget to, say, £1400-1500? May allow you to get better quality parts.

Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

9 minutes ago, maartendc said:

For that kind of money, you could fit a 3900X in: the editing workload / video rendering would benefit from it.

If the 3700X is your choice, you could spend more on the GPU, but I feel like the 5700XT offers the best bang for the buck right now. The only real upgrade alternatives, the RTX 2080 or 2080Ti or Radeon VII are ridiculously overpriced.

The below list has parts selected for a cool and quiet running build. Other than that: fast SSD storage for working + large HDD storage for large video files. Fast 32GB of memory will benefit your workload.

Good luck!

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£188.17 @ More Computers)
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£102.92 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: be quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£134.98 @ Amazon UK)

Where is the price for the gpu and ram ?

34 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Hey guys, so I’m going to be making a gaming/editing pc. I want it to have the Ryzen 7 3700x cpu. Can someone make a build for me. Would prefer a motherboard that already has the BIOS on it so I don’t have to do any weird stuff to it. Budget around 1000-1200.

many thanks 

What monitor are you going to be using ?

You ok with a B450 board that has bios flashback ? Saves you a bit of cash for a 5 min update. Easy to do.

11 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Budget and country please.

1200 pounds and England 

Just now, lee32uk said:

What monitor are you going to be using ?

You ok with a B450 board that has bios flashback ? Saves you a bit of cash for a 5 min update. Easy to do.

Not sure which monitor yet and yeah I gues I had that in my other build. I’m kinda liking the idea of the 3900x tho

19 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Good luck!

PCPartPicker Part List

This pc is like 1800 you haven’t added the price of the ram or the gpu