Pc Build Poll!

Go to solution Solved by Cupar19,
11 minutes ago, NewBuilder01 said:

Ok, Thank you! Sorry, im new to this, but if I used this ram and didn't change any settings, would it work?

ALSO, you're saying this build would work, but I could just upgrade some parts? like to a better none-USB wifi card and different SSD?

Yes what he is saying is that your build will work perfectly fine however he recommends a PCIE wifi card and different SSD as they will be better.

But yes your current build should work 

First Pc Build  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will it work - are all the parts compatible etc?? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BobThePCBuilder25/saved/#view=BTCZf7

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. The ram is listed as 3000mhz, some are saying that you can only achieve this when overclocked, Will this Mhz be compatiable with my motherboard?

• Yes
    • No

The standard DDR4 speed is 2133Mhz, Zen supports 2667Mhz memory, anything above is an overclock speed.

So you start up the PC, the memory works at 2133Mhz, you turn on the proper memory profile and it runs at 2933Mhz (the closest speed to 3000 it supports) and boom you're done.

Other than that, I am not sure how the Zen 2 performance is, so I don't know how competitive the 3200G is for example.

Other than that, I would recommend the MX500 by Crucial over de Kingston and I would not recommend a USB 2.0 wireless adapter nowadays. Especially not if it claims to be AC.. that just doesn't add up.

IMO if you need a WiFi card, get a PCIe card.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

The standard DDR4 speed is 2133Mhz, Zen supports 2667Mhz memory, anything above is an overclock speed.

So you start up the PC, the memory works at 2133Mhz, you turn on the proper memory profile and it runs at 2933Mhz (the closest speed to 3000 it supports) and boom you're done.

Other than that, I am not sure how the Zen 2 performance is, so I don't know how competitive the 3200G is for example.

Other than that, I would recommend the MX500 by Crucial over de Kingston and I would not recommend a USB 2.0 wireless adapter nowadays. Especially not if it claims to be AC.. that just doesn't add up.

Ok, Thank you! Sorry, im new to this, but if I used this ram and didn't change any settings, would it work?

ALSO, you're saying this build would work, but I could just upgrade some parts? like to a better none-USB wifi card and different SSD?

11 minutes ago, NewBuilder01 said:

Yes what he is saying is that your build will work perfectly fine however he recommends a PCIE wifi card and different SSD as they will be better.

4 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

Thank you!! Sorry, this is my first build and I just want to make sure it works :)

1 minute ago, NewBuilder01 said:

Thank you!! Sorry, this is my first build and I just want to make sure it works :)

Yea no problem, i spent hours researching making sure i didn't screw anything up for my first pc build but it was very rewarding when it was finally done

29 minutes ago, Minibois said:

why would u want to waste a PCIe slot on pointless wifi card. ITS A STATIONARY PC it doesn't belong moving hence ethernet seriously wtf??

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

37 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I would not recommend a USB 2.0 wireless adapter nowadays. Especially not if it claims to be AC.. that just doesn't add up.

Googling the item number reveils its actually USB3. USB2 would indeed not make much sense.

https://www.amazon.com/Inamax-1200Mbps-Wireless-802-11ac-Mac10-6-10-13/dp/B0773ZPKS2

43 minutes ago, NewBuilder01 said:

Building my first Pc, (budget build), got all the parts and i'm happy with them. Just need some help checking they all work together!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BobThePCBuilder25/saved/#view=BTCZf7

Also for about the same price of both the HDD and the SSD you can get a reasonably good SSD thats about 1TB. I would suggest looking into that too. (unless you want really long-term storage)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

20 minutes ago, NewBuilder01 said:

Yes. But I would still recommend changing that setting. It only takes a second to do so and improves stability of FPS on Ryzen systems.

Basically.

As I said, I don't know how the Ryzen 3200G performance is though.. Just watching a benchmark video, it seems like you only get a couple more fps.

Maybe a build like this would work out better:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($47.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.70 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $398.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-10 13:35 EDT-0400

Different SSD, different RAM, but very similar overall. I'm assuming you have a 400 USD budget? Because that's probably the best you can do for the price.

6 minutes ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

why would u want to waste a PCIe slot on pointless wifi card. ITS A STATIONARY PC it doesn't belong moving hence ethernet seriously wtf??

I agree, it's a PC.. just run a cable to it, but sometimes people don't want to/can't do that so I at least wanted to suggest what to look for in a card.

Also.. 'waste' a PCIe slot? Other than GPU's, what do people use PCIe slots for? The only point that could be made is M.2 PCIE SSD's, which take up some PCI lanes.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

22 minutes ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

While many new homes have Ethernet routed alongside electrical, folks with homes built before the 90's (like mine) are often confronted with this dilemma:

1. Tear open the walls to route Ethernet cables and ports throughout the house. Time & Money = $$$$$. Aesthetics = 10/10
  2. Route Ethernet cables externally and pin them to the exterior of walls. Time & Money = $$$. Aesthetics = 1/10 (In my case, I cannot hide the cables well since it would have to be routed from downstairs to the upstairs rooms).
  3. Use Wi-Fi which is ubiquitous, cheap, and easy to setup. Time & Money = $. Aesthetics = 10/10
  4. Use Wi-Fi and MoCA, if coaxial wiring exists in desired places. Best of both worlds. Time & Money = $$. Aesthetics = 9/10 (additional cable management)