Is it worth getting a ps4 just for uncharted?

Cupar19
1 minute ago, Cupar19 said:

yea but by that time i would have moved on, i generally play a genre of games at a time, e.g i used to play battlefield,COD and titanfall 2 but now i want games like tomb raider which arent as many like FPS games are

Well, if you REALLY want to play uncharted go for it, but you will have to use the ds4 controller, but just keep in mind that you will be throwing your money away for just the uch series

If you can get all 4 games and the ps4 for 150 pounds then it may be worth it. Since roughly speaking that works out to be like 38ish pounds per game.

I was going to list some of the other benefits the ps4 has but considering you have the xbox it's not worth mentioning since the xbox can do all those things and in some cases better *Coughs 4k blue ray drive.

If you really liked Tomb Raider and need another fix then get it. It's fun and gives you a decent amount of game time. Also if you keep your ps4 you could maybe check out some of the other exclusives down the line, though most likely it'll end up collecting dust.

2 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

If you can get all 4 games and the ps4 for 150 pounds then it may be worth it. Since roughly speaking that works out to be like 38ish pounds per game.

I was going to list some of the other benefits the ps4 has but considering you have the xbox it's not worth mentioning since the xbox can do all those things and in some cases better *Coughs 4k blue ray drive.

If you really liked Tomb Raider and need another fix then get it. It's fun and gives you a decent amount of game time. Also if you keep your ps4 you could maybe check out some of the other exclusives down the line, though most likely it'll end up collecting dust.

i would like to mention that i rarely use my xbox, not because i dont like it but because i have a pc and my brother mainly uses the xbox, so things like a 4k blu ray drive i would benefit from as it would stay on my desk and i could use it whenever. 

I would definitely keep the ps4 because i do that (i have loads of old tech laying around doing nothing, although it does come in handy sometimes) and i would probably check out some other exclusives if cheap enough and it is always good to have a console around  

1 minute ago, Cupar19 said:

i would like to mention that i rarely use my xbox, not because i dont like it but because i have a pc and my brother mainly uses the xbox, so things like a 4k blu ray drive i would benefit from as it would stay on my desk and i could use it whenever. 

I would definitely keep the ps4 because i do that (i have loads of old tech laying around doing nothing, although it does come in handy sometimes) and i would probably check out some other exclusives if cheap enough and it is always good to have a console around  

I was trying to tell you that the xbox one x was better for general use than the ps4 because the ps4 and the ps4 pro do NOT have a 4k blue ray drive. It's baffling but the only console with a 4k blue ray drive is the xbox one x.

If you love the Tomb Raider games then, yeah, by all means get a PS4 for the five Uncharted games. I can't pick a favorite between the Tomb Raider and Uncharted series because they're just so close to being the same game. All five Uncharted games are pretty cheap now. I bought Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection with remasters of 1-3 for like $9 a year or so ago off PSN. Uncharted 4 came with my PS4 when I got it but that game is regularly on sale for $10. Uncharted Lost Legacy is $20 MSRP right now but drops to $10 a lot in PSN sales. UC1 hasn't aged that well due to the control IMO, but UC2,3,4 are absolutely first rate in the genre. I haven't played UC Lost Legacy yet though.

22 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If you love the Tomb Raider games then, yeah, by all means get a PS4 for the five Uncharted games. I can't pick a favorite between the Tomb Raider and Uncharted series because they're just so close to being the same game. All five Uncharted games are pretty cheap now. I bought Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection with remasters of 1-3 for like $9 a year or so ago off PSN. Uncharted 4 came with my PS4 when I got it but that game is regularly on sale for $10. Uncharted Lost Legacy is $20 MSRP right now but drops to $10 a lot in PSN sales. UC1 hasn't aged that well due to the control IMO, but UC2,3,4 are absolutely first rate in the genre. I haven't played UC Lost Legacy yet though.

cool i think ill consider it then, but since i don't actuall know much about uncharted, whats the 5th game? i know 1-4 but what is the fith?

20 hours ago, celerystruct said:

I was trying to tell you that the xbox one x was better for general use than the ps4 because the ps4 and the ps4 pro do NOT have a 4k blue ray drive. It's baffling but the only console with a 4k blue ray drive is the xbox one x.

ahh well i only have the original xbox one anyway so that doesn't apply but that is interesting.

11 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

cool i think ill consider it then, but since i don't actuall know much about uncharted, whats the 5th game? i know 1-4 but what is the fith?

ahh well i only have the original xbox one anyway so that doesn't apply but that is interesting.

There's no 5th Uncharted game. The one @SteveGrabowski0 is referring to is like a spin off game that stars one of the side characters as the protag.

Also yeah the ps4 Pro is a garbage system. They said it was their "4k" console but it can't actually do 4k only xbox can and it doesn't even come with a 4k blueray player which is baffling since it's their own proprietary format.

Also the ps4 pro has this occasional issue of not outputting picture to 4k TVs if it's set to output a resolution higher than 1080p.

If you can, try to buy a ps4 slim or something. It'll be cheaper and won't come with any problems if you happen to have a 4k tv.

13 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

There's no 5th Uncharted game. The one @SteveGrabowski0 is referring to is like a spin off game that stars one of the side characters as the protag.

Also yeah the ps4 Pro is a garbage system. They said it was their "4k" console but it can't actually do 4k only xbox can and it doesn't even come with a 4k blueray player which is baffling since it's their own proprietary format.

Also the ps4 pro has this occasional issue of not outputting picture to 4k TVs if it's set to output a resolution higher than 1080p.

If you can, try to buy a ps4 slim or something. It'll be cheaper and won't come with any problems if you happen to have a 4k tv.

yea i was going to ebay either a ps4 original or slim and i would be playing on a 1440p monitor.

What is the spin of game @SteveGrabowski0 is referring to?

38 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

yea i was going to ebay either a ps4 original or slim and i would be playing on a 1440p monitor.

What is the spin of game @SteveGrabowski0 is referring to?

Uncharted Lost Legacy.

There's 4 main titles and Uncharted Lost Legacy and some other games that are like spin offs for handhelds.

8 hours ago, Cupar19 said:

The fifth Uncharted game on PS4 is Uncharted Lost Legacy.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, SupaKomputa said:

It got the same mechanics as uncharted (came from the same developer).

No it doesn't. Other than being third person games they're different in almost every way.

I've played Uncharted 3 and 4, and 4 was an enjoyable experience but the shooting mechanics are pretty... not great. It gets really frustrating. I thought 3 was okay until some spoiler stuff near the end happens and I hated it. The first has really clunky controls, but Nolan North (Nathan Drake) and Troy Baker (Joel in TLOU, and every other game on the planet) are playing through it for the first time on their channel Retro Replay. I don't know anything about the second.

If you're really into Tomb Raider... maybe it's worth it, but for me I wouldn't buy it just for Uncharted. Horizon Zero Dawn as someone mentioned I think would really sweeten the pot. It's open world and has plenty of exploration with some slight "tomb" raiding, absolutely beautiful graphics, smooth combat with some depth... against the machines anyways, and a pretty interesting story to keep you invested until the end. I really enjoyed it and the sound mixing is my absolute favorite out of any game, with The Witcher 3 being in second. The surround sound especially is fantastic, and they went through incredible effort to fill out the environments. They apparently recorded something like 80 different bird calls that change based on weather, environment, location and time of day. More than a few times I'd just get lost in the woods or sit around somewhere and listen and enjoy the scenery. It'll also get you more play time than Uncharted.

It's definitely worth a look.

Also, I have a PS4 Pro, and I like it primarily because in some games (Uncharted and Horizon) you can play at 1440p or some form of 4k checkerboarding or go for "performance" modes and get a more stable 1080p framerate. A lot of games on base PS4 run around 900p.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

No it doesn't. Other than being third person games they're different in almost every way.

Are you serious bro, why would they (naughty dogs) create a new engine just for Last of Us?

It would make more sense if they just port the already great mechanics from UC3 to TLOU, that's how i see it.

13 hours ago, celerystruct said:

You buy consoles for the exclusive, otherwise buy a pc.

A switch can't even do a decent 1080p, but people buying it just to play zelda.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I've played Uncharted 3 and 4, and 4 was an enjoyable experience but the shooting mechanics are pretty... not great. It gets really frustrating. I thought 3 was okay until some spoiler stuff near the end happens and I hated it. The first has really clunky controls, but Nolan North (Nathan Drake) and Troy Baker (Joel in TLOU, and every other game on the planet) are playing through it for the first time on their channel Retro Replay. I don't know anything about the second.

If you're really into Tomb Raider... maybe it's worth it, but for me I wouldn't buy it just for Uncharted. Horizon Zero Dawn as someone mentioned I think would really sweeten the pot. It's open world and has plenty of exploration with some slight "tomb" raiding, absolutely beautiful graphics, smooth combat with some depth... against the machines anyways, and a pretty interesting story to keep you invested until the end. I really enjoyed it and the sound mixing is my absolute favorite out of any game, with The Witcher 3 being in second. The surround sound especially is fantastic, and they went through incredible effort to fill out the environments. They apparently recorded something like 80 different bird calls that change based on weather, environment, location and time of day. More than a few times I'd just get lost in the woods or sit around somewhere and listen and enjoy the scenery. It'll also get you more play time than Uncharted.

It's definitely worth a look.

Also, I have a PS4 Pro, and I like it primarily because in some games (Uncharted and Horizon) you can play at 1440p or some form of 4k checkerboarding or go for "performance" modes and get a more stable 1080p framerate. A lot of games on base PS4 run around 900p.

Ok but can the normal ps4 do 1440p or is going to have the same problem as trying to play a pc game at 1080p on a 1440p monitor where it looks a blurry mess?

2 hours ago, Cupar19 said:

Ok but can the normal ps4 do 1440p or is going to have the same problem as trying to play a pc game at 1080p on a 1440p monitor where it looks a blurry mess?

It won't do 1440p natively. I'd just use a 1080p monitor with it. PS4 is a garbage system. Just play uncharted get your fix and wash your hands of it. Unless you wanted to play the new ffvii remake, though it'll probably come to pc later probably.

42 minutes ago, celerystruct said:

It won't do 1440p natively. I'd just use a 1080p monitor with it. PS4 is a garbage system. Just play uncharted get your fix and wash your hands of it. Unless you wanted to play the new ffvii remake, though it'll probably come to pc later probably.

ok thats fine, my 2 side monitors are 1080p so id just use one of them. If i did get one id probably check out the new spider man game aswell 

9 hours ago, Cupar19 said:

I've got a budget triple monitor setup, so all 3 are 1080, so I just set the in game to 1080 "performance" mode and turn on the boost mode in the menu. Haven't tried it on a 4k tv or anything.

13 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Are you serious bro, why would they (naughty dogs) create a new engine just for Last of Us?

It would make more sense if they just port the already great mechanics from UC3 to TLOU, that's how i see it.

I didn't say it was a new engine. These are also the same people that made Crash Bandicoot, is that the same as TLOU and Uncharted? Because I don't think so, despite every Uncharted game having a "Crash cam" and a PS1 cameo in UC4. Other than it being third person and relatively cover based, the shooting mechanics are different, the exploration is different, the speed of gameplay is very different, TLOU has no climbing sections or big bombastic set pieces. The story is also more grounded.

If you're interested in the engine then Freako on YouTube got his hands on an old PS3 devkit and goes into the files mainly for TLOU, but also imports some UC3 things as well.

#Muricaparrotgang

I don't know if I would snag a ps4 soley for Uncharted.  I only beat the first one and the rest are still on the backlog.. haha.  It's your money and decision though.

But I would definitely still pick up a ps4 for all the exclusives.

Uncharted 1-4 and the lost legacy. The Last of Us Remastered and  A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER EXCLUSIVE TITLES WORTH IT!

Bolivia.

Thanks guys, I decided to get one on prime day, I have metal gear solid v, uncharted 1-4, horizon zero dawn and the last of us