1440p High Refresh-rate Monitors

Hi my fellow tech geeks,

I am currently a couple of weeks out from building a new desktop and am currently in the process of finalizing components. 

At the same time as building a new desktop, I am upgrading my displays and am looking at 1440p high refresh rate monitors.

The couple of hours of research I have so far done has not really yielded any good results.

I have looked at some review websites, but the monitors they recommend have a large number of 1 star reviews on amazon.

Now finally to the point:

Do you have any recommendations?

Specs:

I am looking for a (preferably) 27 inch monitor with a refresh rate greater than  or equal to 120Hz.

I have a upper limit on the price of £500.

Thank you for the time.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

MG279Q

This seemed like one of the more promising displays I was looking at.

21 minutes ago, CommonInfinity said:

the monitors they recommend have a large number of 1 star reviews on amazon.

Ignore amazon reviews, and reviews on store pages in general. The average user has no idea how to comprehensively evaluate a product, and DOA is also lumped in, as if getting a defective product you have to replace somehow means the product in general is bad.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

im also looking for something similar but i want it also to be a curved monitor,and for some reason the curve puts like a heavier price tag on them.

6 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Ignore amazon reviews, and reviews on store pages in general. The average user has no idea how to comprehensively evaluate a product, and DOA is also lumped in, as if getting a defective product you have to replace somehow means the product in general is bad.

I do try and take them with a grain of salt and I do look at the views content to see if it is gibberish or not. But I will keep this in mind.

MSI MAG27CQ

The only thing that annoys me is LED blinking blue light when the monitor is in "sleep" mode.

During night it shines over my bed and I must cover it as it distracts me :/ 

It has minimal ghosting (only visible in UFO test really), beautiful colours and Freesync / G-Sync compatibility support.

Though in some games might cause screen flickering, so I turned G-Sync compatible thing off completely... as the result, no flickering and no noticable screen tearing.