Gaming: dual x3440 or dual x5660?

My fx-6300 is no longer doing it for me in many of the games I play. CPU usage smashes up to 100% and my GPU just isn't getting touched hardly.

I've got quite a few CPUs and wanted to know if I should spend the small amount of money on a dual socket motherboard?
I don't have enough for a Ryzen build, so I'm just winging it with what I've got.

23 minutes ago, Slydemise said:

I don't have enough for a Ryzen build, so I'm just winging it with what I've got.

Used prices on eBay are about to become really good, what with people replacing their CPUs and all. Might want to look into that, for some well priced processors.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, emosun said:

go dual 2011 with something like an e5 2670 , thats coming from someone using dual x5679s

What's your performance like on those? 

6 minutes ago, Slydemise said:

What's your performance like on those? 

with both together provided the application supports 12 cores 24 threads it's similar to a single ryzen 5 1600x

but keep in mind even the best 1366 platform with dual x5690s will only be similar to a single ryzen 7 1700 (again provided your workload supports as many cores)