Updating bios without cpu?

Im currently in the middle of a build and was waiting for Ryzen to release its 3000 series of chips. Now that they are released I want to buy a x470 board and Ryzen 7 3700x however the motherboard requires a bios update to recognize the new chip. I don't have 1000 or 2000 chip to update the bios with then switch to 3000 (Other than one from a pre built but I need to look at it which I cant do right now). Some of the x570 are a little pricey but I could buy one if I need to.
What options do I have? In my personal opinion im probably best off buying a x570 instead of trying to get around updating bios without a cpu.
Specs
1070Ti
I5 4570
16gb ram
Bare bones oem motherboard I pulled off a pre built office PC.

Some motherboards can update without the chip, they just have a button on them

Otherwise, AMD can send you a boot kit. You update and then just send it back 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

There are some boards that have a feature called BIOS flashback that allows you to flash the BIOS without a CPU installed for this very reason. Just find one that has this feature. Many of Gigabytes, MSI, and Asus mid to upper end boards have this feature. Cant recall is Asrock does or not. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The Crosshair VII, and some MSI boards with BIOS Flashback will work, forget about Asrock,Gigabyte and all other Asus boards.

Here is a list with all AM4 boards, only those with a check in the BIOS Flashback row will allow you to update without CPU.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

B450 Tomahawk is best value

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Some motherboards can update without the chip, they just have a button on them

Otherwise, AMD can send you a boot kit. You update and then just send it back 

Say I were to do that.When it is time how do I get a boot kit?

2 minutes ago, Trippsy said:

Say I were to do that.When it is time how do I get a boot kit?

Go here

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2019 at 9:34 PM, Mathieu9836 said:

The Crosshair VII, and some MSI boards with BIOS Flashback will work, forget about Asrock,Gigabyte and all other Asus boards.

Here is a list with all AM4 boards, only those with a check in the BIOS Flashback row will allow you to update without CPU.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Asus has flashback BIOS update and gigabyte has Q-flash plus(normal Q-flash doesn't though must be plus) so they can too