5G video

Paperdreams

So, just wanted to comment on 5G from Linus, did not know anything about 5G untill the video, looked a bit into it and conclusion is.... there is actually 0 independent testing if its healthy or not, 0, so idk why Linus made that joke at the end but whatever, here is a video link that explanes things rly rly well. And in the video he showed the weakest argument, if its even a  argument.

no

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

watching now, need to sleep ill finish tommow and then talk

4 hours ago, Paperdreams said:

So, just wanted to comment on 5G from Linus, did not know anything about 5G untill the video, looked a bit into it and conclusion is.... there is actually 0 independent testing if its healthy or not, 0, so idk why Linus made that joke at the end but whatever, here is a video link that explanes things rly rly well. And in the video he showed the weakest argument, if its even a  argument. 

I'm a telecommunications network engineer, working at one of Europe's main carrier since 2013. My apologies for my unperfect english.

My problem with this kind of theories is that they usually use people fear of things that don't really exist yet to get attention to their cause. And this has been true for ALL wireless technologies.

It has been true for mobile communication since first generations (2G,3G,4G included).

The problem is more data transfered doesn't mean more power required.

In Europe, one of the first mobile networks was called bi-bop. There were signs in the streets saying 'bi-bop' area. You had to stand very close to the antenna in order to get signal, power used was high and was transmitting only voice.

With each new technology, we've been able to transmit more data with less power and this comes from a simple fact.

In order to increase data rates, you either can :

• Increase signal frequency, which means more symbols every second
  • Increase "sensitivity" in order to have more possible value for each symbol transmitted.

Every new mobile network gen did both, and 5G makes no exception. What it's basically doing is with same or lower power, it transmits more data and in a way that is software managed better.

SO, what could be the problem with 5G ?

Frequencies ? Those have been used for years  either for mobile or other use. As you may know, even some weather sensor networks use those frequencies and i've never heared of headaches near weather stations.

Power ? It's going to be dynamically set, directionnaly (and it doesn't mean concentrated it just means geographically oriented to the user who needs it instead of sent everywhere) and it's more likely to be lower than previous gens.

PLUS, 5G is meant to be used in cities, which are already full or radio waves.

I'm not saying that it's going to be healthly. And believe me I don't want my health condition to be less good for the sake of radio networks. I'm saying that NOONE has ever really been able to show that it would be bad, and if we did, we would also probably be able to demonstrate that it's going better with every new gen.

Just another engineer posting useful hardware videos directly to the interconnected network (AKA the internet)

Tech enthusiast. Check my channel out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FU1nfeGBBnw_bvHgWCqTQ

>only 1 hour guys

I have done some research on 5G. It's not ionizing radiation (so it isn't dangerous); and even do you really think that it would transmit enough power to damage people?

For example, (not 5GHz) Wi-Fi and microwaves share the exact same frequency, so why isn't Wi-Fi cooking us alive? Simple: microwaves put thousands of watts of power into a single (or a few) spots, and Wi-Fi antennas share a small amount of power across everywhere. This is the same case with 5G; it won't use that much power.

I didn't read the documentary, but judging from the comments and other aspects of the video (since i bothered watching the first 2 minutes), it's just some 'le conspirary tehory XDDD' shit; although I've seen dumber shit.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, Paperdreams said:

idk why Linus made that joke at the end

its always a thing since electricity was a thing, that people think electromagnetic waves cause harm, some people refuse to use microwaves, say power lines cause cancer, phones lead to tumors in the brain, 

its a fad that has been around for quite a while, he is just poking jokes at the fact that people will do the exact same with 5g as every other wireless technology 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Wait, are people seriously concerned that 5G will harm them? What's the idea with that??

14 hours ago, danomicar said:

Wait, are people seriously concerned that 5G will harm them? What's the idea with that??

Yes, it's one of those pesky internet tropes that fools people and won't go away.  Same with homeopathy, raki healing, crystals, astrology, antivax, salt lamps and all their ilk.

If there is one thing the world needs right now it is a healthy does of critical thinking and the ability not to be suckered into things because they are scary (hence triggering our survival instincts rather than our rational frontal cortex).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 7/5/2019 at 4:24 AM, Paperdreams said:

if its healthy or not

Do you have and use a Microwave oven? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Do you have and use a Microwave oven? 

Probably not, there are 0 manuals for those things, 0.   In fact there is 0 evidence they even exist, 0.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have attended lectures at my university during which these topics were discussed, here is the tldr:

• Frequencies used in 5G are much lower than those of visible light and are non-ionizing.
  • Microwave ovens operate in a similar frequency range, but use MUCH more power, that's how they manage to heat things up.
  • Mobile phones and base stations try to use the lowest transmission power possible (the better the channel, the lower the power can be set to still successfully transmit). That means that if your are close to a base station (and even better in line of sight), your phone can transmit at a ver very low power. Power is an important factor (mobile phones -> battery life; base station: electricity costs) and therefore carefully chosen.
  • Beware of the nocebo effect (similar to the placebo effect: It is possible to feel uncomfortable just because you are thinking the 5G em radiation is harmful.
  • Shady businessmen/companies have been known to sell alleged "shields" against mobile phone radiation. Some of them are plain garbage, other really block radiation but only cause your phone to transmit at a higher power to still be able to transmit, thus draining the battery quickly and increasing its radiation emissions. Most of those products have in common that they are ridiculously overpriced and misleadingly advertised/labled.