Gtx 1080 ti low fps in most if not all games

I bought an aorus 1080 ti in 2018 and since then I had problems with it's performance.I have a 1080p 75hz monitor(I know a 1080 ti is overkill for it but I will change it soon) and for example in GTA 5 I have about 60-70 fps with grass on medium and everything else on ultra.In rainbow six siege,on ultra,I have 100 fps while I see others have 200 and my friend is having the same framerate but with a 1070 instead.Same thing in fortnite and battlefield(just tested it as i'm writing this).It feels like i have performance of a 1070 in the price of a 1080 ti:/

I updated the nvidia drivers,the bios,checked all cables and searched on the internet but I cant find reliable answers so i decided to post this here.

As a last resort I think i can send the gpu back.

Please,i need an answer,I'm addicted:)

My PC specs are the following:
Gpu-Aorus gtx 1080 ti
Cpu-Ryzen 7 2700X
Mobo-Aorus X470 gaming 5
Ram-16 gb of corsair vengeance
Psu-Corsair tx-m 650 watt 80 plus gold
Monitor- Acer KG251Qbmiix

I checked earlier today.Cpu(on which I use the AMD stock cooler) was about 65 degrees Celsius and the gpu was 72

37 minutes ago, Vipsy said:

I checked earlier today.Cpu(on which I use the AMD stock cooler) was about 65 degrees Celsius and the gpu was 72

Temps are fine, how about the usage?

Well tested it only in fortnite because i didnt really had time(if you need i can test it in more games).So the usage on the gpu was jumping between 60% and 90% and the cpu was staying between 30-40%

edit: used Msi Afterburner and RivaTuner.

Edited by Vipsy

6 hours ago, Vipsy said:

Well tested it only in fortnite because i didnt really had time(if you need i can test it in more games).So the usage on the gpu was jumping between 60% and 90% and the cpu was staying between 30-40%

edit: used Msi Afterburner and RivaTuner.

Seems like bios related issue...

Is it a new card?

If it waspreviously used for mining, then the previous owner might hv put mining bios onto it.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

15 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Seems like bios related issue...

Is it a new card?

If it waspreviously used for mining, then the previous owner might hv put mining bios onto it.

Nope,bought it brand new from overclokers uk

could be a windows thing. had a similar issue when i got a titan X(maxwell) when it came out. was getting like 6-7 fps on fallout 4 and barely 20+ in gta5. tested it on a friend's pc and it was flawless in witcher 3. ended up reinstalling windows. 

3 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

could be a windows thing. had a similar issue when i got a titan X(maxwell) when it came out. was getting like 6-7 fps on fallout 4 and barely 20+ in gta5. tested it on a friend's pc and it was flawless in witcher 3. ended up reinstalling windows. 

I thought of reinstalling windows but I would do that if everything else fails

What I do when I am not getting the performance I thank a GPU should get is run Firestrike/Timespy and compare the results. Since your setup is popular you will find lots of results online.

If your results are about the same as other people with the same hardware you will need to look elsewhere to fix your issue.

Another good test is to see if your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU. I use Heaven for this. I set heaven at 1080p with no AA and in a widow. I then use software like MSI Afterburner to see if the card is reaching its power target.  ASUS has similar software called ASUS GPU Tweak II. When using this sort of software it is a good idea to max out the power target on the card since it will improve performance. 

Results change with driver updates so it is best to keep a record.

Also one of the big issues I had with the 10 series(1080 and 1080 ti) was they get lazy at lower resolutions(under perform). Both these cards liked to run at 1440p plus with 3440 X 1440 being the sweet spot. Again this changes with driver updates and sort of drove me crazy.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

19 hours ago, For Science! said:

How many sticks of RAM do you have?

2 and they are placed correctly

10 hours ago, jones177 said:

What I do when I am not getting the performance I thank a GPU should get is run Firestrike/Timespy and compare the results. Since your setup is popular you will find lots of results online.

If your results are about the same as other people with the same hardware you will need to look elsewhere to fix your issue.

Another good test is to see if your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU. I use Heaven for this. I set heaven at 1080p with no AA and in a widow. I then use software like MSI Afterburner to see if the card is reaching its power target.  ASUS has similar software called ASUS GPU Tweak II. When using this sort of software it is a good idea to max out the power target on the card since it will improve performance. 

Results change with driver updates so it is best to keep a record.

Also one of the big issues I had with the 10 series(1080 and 1080 ti) was they get lazy at lower resolutions(under perform). Both these cards liked to run at 1440p plus with 3440 X 1440 being the sweet spot. Again this changes with driver updates and sort of drove me crazy.

I will try everything you mentioned.About the monitor,I absolutely hate mine and I might get an 1440p 144hz one in the coming weeks but I can see that I can't get 144 fps in games on my current monitor so now I don't really know what to do