RAM Speed different in BIOS and different in Windows

I'm having a problem I noticed due to low FPS spikes in any game, and went on a search for the problem, I found out that the speed of my RAM sticks inside windows is running at 1333MHz when I have clearly set it in BIOS with DOCP at 2666MHz, screenshots are provided with what Aida64 and CPU-Z give me, I'm currently stuck on this because I can't game smoothly without getting 15 FPS spikes in a single round. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz

Motherboard: ASUS B350 Prime Plus

Things I've tried:

- Resetting BIOS

- Updating BIOS

- Settings everything to defaults and trying again

- Unplug one of the sticks and work with only one

- Set the performance mode for the RAM to Auto

SIdenote: I'm not pretty sure but since I was late to notice it was my RAM I had updated to Windows 1903 May Update, no idea if that is the issue but I'll wait to find any solutions.

Thanks!

Annotation 2019-06-28 150955.png

Annotation 2019-06-28 151009.png

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

We'll have threads like this to the end of time... DDR stands for Double Data Rate... thereafter 1333*2 = 2666, your memory is clocked exactly where it should be.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

We'll have threads like this to the end of time... DDR stands for Double Data Rate... thereafter 1333*2 = 2666, your memory is clocked exactly where it should be.

Yeah, I did know that, but task manager within windows shows 1333MHz as well rather than 2666MHz like it did before, did something change? ?

4 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

Yeah, I did know that, but task manager within windows shows 1333MHz as well rather than 2666MHz like it did before, did something change? ?

That changed around 1803 I think.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 minute ago, rcmaehl said:

That changed around 1803 I think.

I still remember it being like both DIMMs, welp I guess I'm wrong, why the FPS stuttering though? It's been happening since I upgraded to 1903

11 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

But it shows 2666 MT/s aka 2666mhz

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

But it shows 2666 MT/s aka 2666mhz

Yeah wasn't the current clock speed supposed to be up there as well?

Just now, FlushaDev said:

Yeah wasn't the current clock speed supposed to be up there as well?

Yeah I don't know never checked in device manager.. But the FPS stuttering.. What power setting are you using, balanced?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

My laptop windows build is 1809, and i'm supporting flusha's statement that it still shows actual speed in windows and not 'half' like cpu-z does.

My desktop who's on 1903 shows 1467, while it should show 2933. So it depends on your build i geuss?

Since it lists both a current and max speed, i think it might have to do with your power scheme / settings.

Can you try setting that to max / performance settings and see if it helps you?

damn you nick.

Edited by Caennanu
nick beat me to it

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yeah I don't know never checked in device manager.. But the FPS stuttering.. What power setting are you using, balanced?

1 minute ago, Caennanu said:

My laptop windows build is 1809, and i'm supporting flusha's statement that it still shows actual speed in windows and not 'half' like cpu-z does.

My desktop who's on 1903 shows 1467, while it should show 2933. So it depends on your build i geuss?

Since it lists both a current and max speed, i think it might have to do with your power scheme / settings.

damn you nick.

I'll check it once I arrive back at the studio, ETA 20 Mins and keep you all updated, thanks

Maybe they changed it because people where constantly asking why it didn't match the speed shown in cpu-z or something like that. Yeah I agree try high performance. Did you update chipset drivers aswell? I got some stuttering before updating that on 1903

FS in Denmark/EU:

28 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Maybe they changed it because people where constantly asking why it didn't match the speed shown in cpu-z or something like that. Yeah I agree try high performance. Did you update chipset drivers aswell? I got some stuttering before updating that on 1903

Power plan was on balanced, changed it to high performance. 

Also downloading my motherboard's chipset driver update.

I'll keep you updated

41 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

damn you nick.

Memory speed looks normal when I run a cmd command, my games stutter though, at least after the update, any ideas what microsoft might have gotten on my machine?

11 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

Memory speed looks normal when I run a cmd command, my games stutter though, at least after the update, any ideas what microsoft might have gotten on my machine?

not a clue, maybe @DoctorNick knows as he recommended me to upgrade to 1903 just yesterday which solved my boot speed issue's.

Are you on 1903 then?

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

not a clue, maybe @DoctorNick knows as he recommended me to upgrade to 1903 just yesterday which solved my boot speed issue's.

Are you on 1903 then?

I am on 1903 now, yes.

3 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

I am on 1903 now, yes.

with me, it re-enabled the game-bar. This may be the same for you and maybe you're triggering some hotkeys while gaming causing the stutters?

Aside of that, i can't think off anything, but you can read most the changes here: https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-1903-19h1-april-2019-update-features/

20 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

with me, it re-enabled the game-bar. This may be the same for you and maybe you're triggering some hotkeys while gaming causing the stutters?

Aside of that, i can't think off anything, but you can read most the changes here: https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-1903-19h1-april-2019-update-features/

Game-Bar is permanently disabled since I hate that thing, welp I'll just look a little more into it and if nothing helps I'll just wait for MS to provide a new STABLE update