is there a way to appeal discord ban appeals

Jacobalbertus1

i may have accidentally leaked a phone number of a scammer who tried to scam me on craigslist i forgot to blur it out and then no warnings just streght perm banhammer iv been a part of the server for some time 

Not only do we have no clue what server you're talking about, but the chances that literally anyone on this forum could appeal your ban are next to nothing (unless it was the LTT server, in which case maybe ask @LinusTech or someone).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Id imagine he meant the LTT server. I'd DM one of the discord mods, but usually a ban is a ban. Momo is the most active mod, her discord tag is Momo#1111. IIRC  you may need to send her a friend request before you message her.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

yeah i men ltt discord i had A messup   i didn't share a normal users info i accidentally leaked a scammers robot number most likely or the scammer one of the 2 

I too have an issue with the LTT Discord.  Honestly, it bothered me for about 2.5 seconds until I realized the moderator who banned me from the server (Cubity) not only contradicted themselves on multiple occasions but was also caught deleting previous comments to cover up the reason why my account was banned in the first place.  All of the information I saved I submitted to Discord and reported the moderator since Cubity refuses to respond to my DMs, and will continue to create new screen names and use different IP addresses to bypass the ban since I did nothing wrong if we're going by the posted rules.  If I deserved the ban then I would just suck it up and move on to another server, but I'm not going to accept a ban when I did nothing to deserve it.  As it stands right now Discord is looking into the situation and I'm hoping to hear back from them in the next few days or so.  In all honesty I think Cubity was just having a bad day and decided to take it out on somebody, which in reality I understand and doesn't bother me that much...I'm just gearing up to rectify the situation.

P.S. Even if I would have received a warning I would have been entirely understanding and would have stopped any behavior that this mod believed I was doing wrong, but there was no warning and no clear reason as to why I was the one banned.  That's why I plan on pursuing this until it is resolved one way or the other.

1 hour ago, BadBrent said:

P.S. Even if I would have received a warning I would have been entirely understanding and would have stopped any behavior that this mod believed I was doing wrong, but there was no warning and no clear reason as to why I was the one banned.  That's why I plan on pursuing this until it is resolved one way or the other. 

If you have issues with moderators, you go to the admins. So Jake and Colton.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I considered it, recorded all of the information that I could, but that would mean that I'm vindictive and I want to see Cubity get penalized for what happened, and that's not what I want.  I just want the guy to understand what he did wrong so that he doesn't do it in the future because for all I know he's probably a good moderator that just had a bad day.  I'm not looking to get Cubity in trouble, but do hope in the future he learns that a warning should at least be issued before being banned instead of just going ape and banning people for no reason.  Discord over on the LTT servers is pretty toxic in my opinion anyway, which means it's probably better that I just forget about it altogether and find another server that isn't as inept as the LTT Discord is.  No offense to any of the LTT team, but some of the Discord mods need to be retrained on how to properly moderate such a large server before they are allowed to continue doing their job.  I'll stick to the forums until it gets straightened out - one way or another.  No animosity against Cubity or any of the other mods from the Discord server anyway because their job is tough enough as it is...at the same time though they can do much better.

All they are going to tell you in here is the same answer every other Discord ban apple thread got:

Send a dm to momo#1111 on discord for assistance.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

is momo active on this forum? think i vaguely remember...

It doesn't really matter, the Forum and the Discord server have different administrations and thus coming to the Forum will only get you redirected back to it.

Tagging Linus himself on either cases makes no sense since he doesn't really get involved on any of this as well.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

If that's the case I know exactly how it happened and who reported the incident...but even then I'm not vengeful enough to mention this person for privacy reasons.  Usually every Discord server I've seen has a method setup where if someone is causing issues they receive one warning, and then receive a permanent ban if they continue to violate that warning.  I've seen Cubity ban a few people just out of nowhere,  but I didn't stop to ask why that person was banned and decided that he knew what he was doing.  Now that I've experienced this personally though, I do believe that there is much more work to be done as far as the LTT Discord banning system goes so that everyone is at least protected in some way from having some rando report a member out of spite and allow the mods to do whatever they feel is necessary to prevent any more issues between said people.  It's only a personal opinion though and I hope something of the sort is implemented in the future for the sake of the LTT community.  I've made my peace with the situation though and don't plan on really pursuing this any farther than this thread.  

The last thing I will say though is that I'm a little disappointed in how the LTT Discord is ran if that's all it takes to ban someone even when everyone is on the joke and it's actually funny and not vindictive or disruptive.  There are much better Discord communities out there that know how to operate with this many people and so far I've been having a great time just messing around with the members and talking about anything and everything.  It gives me more of a perspective on how things are run in the LTT Discord community.

4 hours ago, BadBrent said:

I considered it, recorded all of the information that I could, but that would mean that I'm vindictive and I want to see Cubity get penalized for what happened, and that's not what I want.  I just want the guy to understand what he did wrong so that he doesn't do it in the future because for all I know he's probably a good moderator that just had a bad day.  I'm not looking to get Cubity in trouble, but do hope in the future he learns that a warning should at least be issued before being banned instead of just going ape and banning people for no reason.  Discord over on the LTT servers is pretty toxic in my opinion anyway, which means it's probably better that I just forget about it altogether and find another server that isn't as inept as the LTT Discord is.  No offense to any of the LTT team, but some of the Discord mods need to be retrained on how to properly moderate such a large server before they are allowed to continue doing their job.  I'll stick to the forums until it gets straightened out - one way or another.  No animosity against Cubity or any of the other mods from the Discord server anyway because their job is tough enough as it is...at the same time though they can do much better.

2 hours ago, BadBrent said:

If that's the case I know exactly how it happened and who reported the incident...but even then I'm not vengeful enough to mention this person for privacy reasons.  Usually every Discord server I've seen has a method setup where if someone is causing issues they receive one warning, and then receive a permanent ban if they continue to violate that warning.  I've seen Cubity ban a few people just out of nowhere,  but I didn't stop to ask why that person was banned and decided that he knew what he was doing.  Now that I've experienced this personally though, I do believe that there is much more work to be done as far as the LTT Discord banning system goes so that everyone is at least protected in some way from having some rando report a member out of spite and allow the mods to do whatever they feel is necessary to prevent any more issues between said people.  It's only a personal opinion though and I hope something of the sort is implemented in the future for the sake of the LTT community.  I've made my peace with the situation though and don't plan on really pursuing this any farther than this thread.  

The last thing I will say though is that I'm a little disappointed in how the LTT Discord is ran if that's all it takes to ban someone even when everyone is on the joke and it's actually funny and not vindictive or disruptive.  There are much better Discord communities out there that know how to operate with this many people and so far I've been having a great time just messing around with the members and talking about anything and everything.  It gives me more of a perspective on how things are run in the LTT Discord community.

Making spoof accounts will just get you into further trouble - if you truly believe you've been wrongfully banned, and you have evidence to support this? PM the admins (Jake and Colton), or Momo (the head mod, I believe).

That's not being vindictive. If Cubity was acting malicously, then they need to be reprimanded so that this doesn't happen to others. If it was an "honest mistake", then don't worry - they won't get in trouble for that.

But doing nothing (but make spoof accounts), does not help the situation.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Making spoof accounts will just get you into further trouble - if you truly believe you've been wrongfully banned, and you have evidence to support this? PM the admins (Jake and Colton), or Momo (the head mod, I believe).

That's not being vindictive. If Cubity was acting malicously, then they need to be reprimanded so that this doesn't happen to others. If it was an "honest mistake", then don't worry - they won't get in trouble for that.

But doing nothing (but make spoof accounts), does not help the situation.

The spoof account was so that I could get in touch with Momo since I was banned and wasn't used maliciously.  It's the only way to get in touch with Momo, and after that happened I gave up on the whole idea of LTT Discord.  Politics aside though, I don't want future Discord users to have to deal with the same kind of crap I just got finished dealing with which is why I created the spoofed account in the first place...once I talked to Momo I planned on leaving the Discord and not returning because of how the Discord is ran in the first place.  Fighting on the internet is for teenagers who have nothing else better to do, and that's the point I wanted to express to the mods in a very polite manner for the sake of future users.  While it was fun being able to talk with other LTT fans on the server, I don't want to be a part of this kind of nonsense and will be staying away from anything LTT Discord related.

16 hours ago, Keith W said:

People need to realise that the LTT discord, and this forum for that matter, are kingdoms and NOT democracies. 

If that's the case then Linus Tech Tips' Discord Server is a heaping pile of dog sh*t ran by people that act like kindergartners, and Linus would be ashamed that it was associated with his company name.  That's the truth, plain and simple.  I've done all I can to reach the mods over on the Discord, and they are all blocked off from the world so the only thing I can do is move on as well as warn people to stay away from the LTT Discord.

-= Locked =-

Please contact Momo#1111 via discord and discuss the issue.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER