Finalizing Build. Buying tomorrow. Is this list good?

Vectraat
Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,
3 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

I notice there's only 6x USB ports on that MB. I prefer more if possible and faster USB ports.

Ah, in that case:

The ASRock board there has 8 SATA ports.

39 minutes ago, brob said:

Is there some reason to prefer the R6 over the S2? There is an R6 with USB-C, but it is a fair bit more expensive.

So here is a build with the i5-9600K cpu on a decent mid-range motherboard in an R6 case.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.00 @ Canada Computers) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  ($99.90 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($214.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($143.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GAMING 8G Video Card  ($685.00 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R6 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($179.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Total: $1952.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-19 21:36 EDT-0400

I looked at the case you recommend a few days ago and it was definitely something I was considering. I could be wrong, but I think It only has room for 3x HDDs. I'm a data hoarder so I'll be using all 6 SATA for SSD/HDD as soon as I get the computer. If I want, I can stick up to 11 HDDs into the case I picked if I decide to buy hardware like this: http://www.sybausa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=156&search=SI-PEX40064
And more trays: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811994069

Also, I really have no use for USB Type C at this time--maybe I'll feel differently in 3 years time. I have 4x USB Type C Thunderbolt ports on my laptop and It's dongle city for me. Which kinda pisses me off. 

Just to expand on my build a bit, since you have stated you don't have much expertise:

The 9600K over the 8700: This will perform better than the 8700 and equal to the 8700K in gaming loads for a fraction of the price.

The Z390 UD over other boards: This is an excellent board to pair with the 9600K featuring good VRMs with a good heatsink on them, and a pretty good feature set. You'll have no problem overclocking to 5.0GHz on this.

The TeamForce 3200MHz RAM: I saw you opted for 3200MHz RGB so I kept those choices but chose a less expensive kit. It will perform the same as the kit you chose.

The 660p vs the 860 Evo: It will perform the same in real world scenarios. The difference is that the Evo features 3D TLC modules and the 660p features QLC modules. 3D TLC has the better endurance rating, meaning it will last for more write cycles, but for a typical user you'd never hit the limits of write cycles in either drive.

The 550w RMX vs the 750w RMx: The RMx line is excellent, so both are good choices, but you only need less than 400w to power the whole system, so a 550w is perfectly acceptable.

The 2080 vs the 2070: better gaming performance, not much else to say here.

Hopefully that helps you!

2 hours ago, Vectraat said:
-Ok, I'll explain some of my thinking behind this list (I may be wrong as I'm not a tech expert/enthusiast). I should note that I'm buying tomorrow from a local shop. So telling me to wait 2.5+ weeks for Ryzen 3rd gen or telling me to wait even longer for Nvidia isn't going to work for me as I've already waited a week longer then what I wanted to; I simply can't wait unfortunately. Normally I'd be happy to wait an extra month or two for superior hardware at a cheaper price, but I just can't do it this time around. 

There is also another Option:
Get the cheapest CPU you are comfortable with for AM4 that the store has (and works with your Motherboard) and use that for a bit more than 2 Weeks and replace the CPU then.

It might sound weird but from what we do know right now AM4 has a better upgrade path and might evensupport the 4000 series that is said to come next year.

And you've seen the pace AMD has started with. Compare Ryzen 1k -> 2k -> 3k.

There was always 5-10% more - at mimimum. Even from 1k -> 2k (ie 1700 -> 2700)

So that leaves you with 3 Choices:

a) go with Ryzen 3000, buy a small CPU (either Athlon 200GE or Ryzen 1200, maybe Ryzen 1300X), upgrade ASAP. An Athlon 200GE is around 55€ on Newegg Canada. You should be able to sell that for at least 30€, probably 40-45€ - and also mention that you can use it to flash 400 Series Boards.

b) speculate on Ryzen 4000 series, upgrade next year when its released, get a decent mid range/cheapish CPU such as the Ryzen 2600 or 2700 and upgrade next year.

c) stick with Intel, though no upgrade path. You get what you buy and the next generation is probably incompatible to the Socket - same as the 8700 was to 100 and 200 series Chipset Boards! For no reason as the Socket is physically the same and people were able to hack the BIOS of 100 and 200 Series and there is also a Video from Linus with 8700 and 7700 on the same Board.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

11 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Just to expand on my build a bit, since you have stated you don't have much expertise:

The 9600K over the 8700: This will perform better than the 8700 and equal to the 8700K in gaming loads for a fraction of the price.

The Z390 UD over other boards: This is an excellent board to pair with the 9600K featuring good VRMs with a good heatsink on them, and a pretty good feature set. You'll have no problem overclocking to 5.0GHz on this.

The TeamForce 3200MHz RAM: I saw you opted for 3200MHz RGB so I kept those choices but chose a less expensive kit. It will perform the same as the kit you chose.

The 660p vs the 860 Evo: It will perform the same in real world scenarios. The difference is that the Evo features 3D TLC modules and the 660p features QLC modules. 3D TLC has the better endurance rating, meaning it will last for more write cycles, but for a typical user you'd never hit the limits of write cycles in either drive.

The 550w RMX vs the 750w RMx: The RMx line is excellent, so both are good choices, but you only need less than 400w to power the whole system, so a 550w is perfectly acceptable.

The 2080 vs the 2070: better gaming performance, not much else to say here.

Hopefully that helps you!

Uh.... ok. Woosh, over my head it goes. I think I need to eat something. Too tired for this right now. No one seems to agree on anything. I notice there's only 6x USB ports on that MB. I prefer more if possible and faster USB ports. I'm a data hoarder with over 100 TB of storage. So good USB ports + transfer speed is somewhat important. I dunno what gen/speed those USB ports are, I haven't looked. If there's a higher quality GB MB then maybe suggest that if it works with RGB.

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

There is also another Option:
Get the cheapest CPU you are comfortable with for AM4 that the store has (and works with your Motherboard) and use that for a bit more than 2 Weeks and replace the CPU then.

It might sound weird but from what we do know right now AM4 has a better upgrade path and might evensupport the 4000 series that is said to come next year.

And you've seen the pace AMD has started with. Compare Ryzen 1k -> 2k -> 3k.

There was always 5-10% more - at mimimum. Even from 1k -> 2k (ie 1700 -> 2700)

So that leaves you with 3 Choices:

a) go with Ryzen 3000, buy a small CPU (either Athlon 200GE or Ryzen 1200, maybe Ryzen 1300X), upgrade ASAP. An Athlon 200GE is around 55€ on Newegg Canada. You should be able to sell that for at least 30€, probably 40-45€ - and also mention that you can use it to flash 400 Series Boards.

b) speculate on Ryzen 4000 series, upgrade next year when its released, get a decent mid range/cheapish CPU such as the Ryzen 2600 or 2700 and upgrade next year.

c) stick with Intel, though no upgrade path. You get what you buy and the next generation is probably incompatible to the Socket - same as the 8700 was to 100 and 200 series Chipset Boards! For no reason as the Socket is physically the same and people were able to hack the BIOS of 100 and 200 Series and there is also a Video from Linus with 8700 and 7700 on the same Board.

What I'm buying at the store is final. No swapping, no upgrades etc., as the store is over an hour away from me and I won't have time. I'm entering some sick degen no-life status once I receive that computer. 

1 hour ago, Vectraat said:

Ugh, I don't know anymore.

Then go AMD!

But do NOT get a CPU without SMT!

Here you have a Video about an older i5 vs. Ryzen 1600:

The i5 has some Problems with some games due to lack of Threads.

It will be the same with 6C/6T CPUs!

Because it was the same with 1C/1T and 2C/2T CPUs.

It was the Same with 2C -> 4C

It is the same with 4C/4T vs.4C/8T CPUs.

Why should it be different with 6C/6T vs. 6C/12T?
I don't see any reason why that "rule of thumb" should change.

1 hour ago, Vectraat said:

I think I'm all burnt out on trying to pick the best build for the $ (with the exception of ignoring AMD that is).

Well, there is also the Timegap Build solution.

You can get some cheap CPU right now to survive for 2-6 Weeks (and you might need it anyway to flash the BIOS or ask the shop to do it for you)...

But DO NOT GET THE 9600, if you can get the 8700 for a similar price!

THe 8700 is the better choice.

Even with all those security flaws that Intel has to fight with (and mitigation cost a bit of Performance)...

20 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Do you have any benchmarks or information to back that statement up? I find it hard to believe that a 9600K is equal to an 8700K when gaming.

Sure, in some games the 8700 trades blows with the 9600K but I doubt it performs worse than a 9600K.

Suddenly I feel that jumping out of my 14th story condo window may be a better option then to continue reading this thread. 

3 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

I notice there's only 6x USB ports on that MB. I prefer more if possible and faster USB ports.

Ah, in that case:

The ASRock board there has 8 SATA ports.

1 minute ago, Vectraat said:

What I'm buying at the store is final. No swapping, no upgrades etc., as the store is over an hour away from me and I won't have time. I'm entering some sick degen no-life status once I receive that computer. 

You can order stuff online, then the guy from FedEX or UPS delivers it and you don't have to drive for an hour.

You might also want to check the price online vs. local store. Often Local is far more expensive.

But it really is a bad situation as it might be possible to get similar performance to the 8700 for 25-50% less money...

And also the possibility of PCIe 4.0 support (only on X570)

Replacing the CPU isn't as bad as you think, if you have a decent, not too big Heatsink. Such as a Noctua NH-U12S.

Just a screwdriver, remove two screws and use a lever.

It is recommended that the Computer is on its side so that gravity inserts the CPU into the socket, not you...

So my recommendation would be a Ryzen 2600 (or 2700)

Either an MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC or the Tomahawk

2x good quality DDR4-3000 or 3200.

And the Rest from your System.

With this System you get a decent Game PC that you can upgrade in the future, when you really want to grab a Ryzen 3700 or 3800.

Or might even want to swap it for a 12 Core 3900X. The thing is: You can, if you want. And see that it works...

With the new AMD CPUs beeing this close, its a high probability that you will regret getting an Intel when the CPUs are only half as good as AMD said they are...

7 minutes ago, XR6 said:

Do you have any benchmarks or information to back that statement up? I find it hard to believe that a 9600K is equal to an 8700K when gaming.

Sure, in some games the 8700 trades blows with the 9600K but I doubt it performs worse than a 9600K.

Of course I do!

additionally:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i5-9600k-coffee-lake-cpu,5922-5.html

plus reviews form AnandTech and Techpowerup (let me know if you need those too).

The reason it's equal is because the clocks and architecture are the same, and most games still care about single threaded performance. Hyperthreading helps quad cores right now, but not so much with hexacores and beyond. It will likely stay that way for years to come.

30 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

But DO NOT GET THE 9600, if you can get the 8700 for a similar price!

THe 8700 is the better choice.

This is simply incorrect. The 9600K beats out the 8700 easily on all games and it's a LOT cheaper. Stefan will try and convince you that the future will hold grim and dark times for 6 cores and 6 threads, but the truth is that it did happen to 4 cores and 4 threads, but it took nearly a decade to happen! 6 cores and 6 threads will have their moment in the sun at least for at least a few years.

The simple fact of the matter is that a 9600K paired with a 2080 will run circles around an 8700 paired with a 2070 in gaming loads.

5 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Suddenly I feel that jumping out of my 14th story condo window may be a better option then to continue reading this thread. 

Yeah, I'd feel the same in your situation.

You're between a Rock and a Hard place.

What I'd recommend, regardless of your choice:

Get a CPU with at least 12 Threads. DO NOT get a 6 or 8 Thread CPU. (if it isn't a stop gap CPU to survive for a month or two to upgrade)

(meaning at least 6 Cores and SMT2, however that is called, enabled).

And you have keep in mind that the upcoming stuff from "the dark side" looks pretty good, so you will have regret if you buy it right now.

Question is: 
What do you really want. Do you want to gamble with a good System right now or do you want to gamble and prepare for the upcoming products?
Do you want to be able to just put in the new stuff without too much pain, if it proves to be as good as AMD said on Computex and E3??

That's what you have to decide...

4 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Of course I do!

additionally:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i5-9600k-coffee-lake-cpu,5922-5.html

plus reviews form AnandTech and Techpowerup (let me know if you need those too).

The reason it's equal is because the clocks and architecture are the same, and most games still care about single threaded performance. Hyperthreading helps quad cores right now, but not so much with hexacores and beyond. It will likely stay that way for years to come.

You've convinced me. I'll leave the whole '9600K vs 8700(K)' thing alone now. From what I've seen of the video most of the time the two chips trade blows.

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

Yeah, I'd feel the same in your situation.

You're between a Rock and a Hard place.

What I'd recommend, regardless of your choice:

Get a CPU with at least 12 Threads. DO NOT get a 6 or 8 Thread CPU. (if it isn't a stop gap CPU to survive for a month or two to upgrade)

(meaning at least 6 Cores and SMT2, however that is called, enabled).

And you have keep in mind that the upcoming stuff from "the dark side" looks pretty good, so you will have regret if you buy it right now.

Question is: 
What do you really want. Do you want to gamble with a good System right now or do you want to gamble and prepare for the upcoming products?
Do you want to be able to just put in the new stuff without too much pain, if it proves to be as good as AMD said on Computex and E3??

That's what you have to decide...

Really, this thread isn't good for my OCD lol. I just want a build that I'm not wasting too much money on that can 'get the job done' I don't have the time/expertise to investigate/verify multiple different hardware recommendations/configurations. I told people NO AMD, but people are telling me to get AMD. I need to have this finalized by tomorrow and as I said earlier, no one seems to be in agreement.

7 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

no one seems to be in agreement

Oh that's funny, you thought a bunch of random internet nerds would agree on the same parts for your build?  Especially with some open-ended goals about budget, RGB, Bang/Buck, and that some parts like the CPU cooler need to have a certain look.

Overall I can say that as long as you don't overspend on the cooler, motherboard, and CPU, and make sure any surplus budget goes into a GPU bump like the RTX 2080 than you're building a gaming PC the right way.

3 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

The 9600K beats out the 8700 easily on all games.

Both use the same Architecture.

The 9600K is 6C/6T

The 8700 is 6C/12T.

At the same frequency, its impossible for the 9600 to beat the 8700, it needs higher frequency.

And it might look OK now but "the future" will shine for the 8700 because it simply can use more resources.

but the truth is that it did happen to 4 cores and 4 threads, but it took nearly a decade to happen!

More like 2 years.

The 7600K was released at the end of 2016/early 2017.

Here:

https://geizhals.de/intel-core-i5-7600k-bx80677i57600k-a1551201.html

"Gelistet Seit" is listed since...

That gives you a rough idea of how old a product is.

Now we have 2019. That's a bit more than 2 Years. Not "nearly a decade".

Because a decade ago 6C CPUs weren't available for consumer friendly prices.

6 cores and 6 threads will have there moment in the sun at least for at least a few years.

See that's the same Argument as back in the day when people were arguing Core 2 Duo E8x00 vs. Q9550 or Phenom 2 X4...

It looked like that was true back in the day but whoever went 4 Cores had a lot more years to use their system. 

Same with 4C/4T vs. 4C/8T. The ones with 8 Threads are still fine today, the 4Thread people are not.

Also you are wrong, here some Benchmarks:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3407-intel-i5-9600k-cpu-review-vs-2700-2600-8700k

That proves that there are some issues with the 9600K _RIGHT NOW_. Some kind of hangs/Stutter in the Far Cry 5 Diagram. So the 8700 he chose initially was the better choice...

In AC: Origins, the 9600K is around  53fps 0.1% Low, the 8700K at 70.7fps

The 9600K is simply a replacement for the i5-8600K. Why should he buy that when he can have the 8700(K)??? The 8700K is above the 8600/9600...

In Cinebench (best case for Multi Core), we are talking about 137,7 Single Core and 1042 Multi Core Score. The 8700K has 158,6 Single Core and 1429 Multi Core. SO around +40% in well multithreaded applications. 

Here the graph:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/intel_i5_9600k_and_i7_9700k_review/7

3 hours ago, Vectraat said:

I'm told an NVMe SSD will take up 2x SATA slots, and I don't want to waste an extra SATA slot as this motherboard only supports 6

Also where did this come from?  PCPartPicker can be wrong about how motherboards handle NVMe drives and typically it only eats up 2 sata ports if it's a SATA M.2 and not a true NVMe drive.  I have a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X mobo and it's primary M.2 port doesn't disable ANY of my Sata ports when using a real NVMe drive (PCI-interface and not a Sata-based M.2).

The real answer for if a mobo will eat up a sata port is to look at the manual, they can vary by the maker, but typically it's when you put a Sata M.2 drive into the 2ndary M.2 port on a motherboard that it starts having to disable your physical sata ports as a result.

18 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

This is simply incorrect. The 9600K beats out the 8700 easily on all games and it's a LOT cheaper. Stefan will try and convince you that the future will hold grim and dark times for 6 cores and 6 threads, but the truth is that it did happen to 4 cores and 4 threads, but it took nearly a decade to happen! 6 cores and 6 threads will have their moment in the sun at least for at least a few years.

The simple fact of the matter is that a 9600K paired with a 2080 will run circles around an 8700 paired with a 2070 in gaming loads.

Definitely listen to this guy!!! He helped me wih 2 builds and mine was the 9600k. I could not be more happy with it. It's smooth and the build runs everything I throw at it easily. I can also verify that it does beat my friend's build with an 8700 and the same graphics card, but why anyone would think otherwise to begin with seems odd to me. The 9600K can go to 5ghz and the 8700 is stuck at 4.3 or something like that

8 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Both use the same Architecture.

The 9600K is 6C/6T

The 8700 is 6C/12T.

At the same frequency, its impossible for the 9600 to beat the 8700, it needs higher frequency.

The 9600K can OC, so it wins EASILY. 5.0-5.1GHz vs. 4.3GHz.

More like 2 years.

The 7600K was released at the end of 2016/early 2017.

We're not talking about the 7600K, we're talking about since quad cores came into existence. From the time the first quad core came out, it took nearly 10 years for them to show their age in games. 

See that's the same Argument as back in the day when people were arguing Core 2 Duo E8x00 vs. Q9550 or Phenom 2 X4...

The same correct argument, yes.

How many times do you point out that same data point, and then I point out that Steve says in the article that it's inconclusive and that it only happened on 2 out of 4 runs (meaning it was a system hiccup of some kind, NOT a CPU performance issue). We must go through this on every thread. I don't know why you keep referencing it.

The 9600K is simply a replacement for the i5-8600K. Why should he buy that when he can have the 8700(K)??? The 8700K is above the 8600/9600...

Because the 8700K is nearly DOUBLE the price for the same performance. If it was the same price, or $20 apart, sure!

8 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

Also where did this come from?  PCPartPicker can be wrong about how motherboards handle NVMe drives and typically it only eats up 2 sata ports if it's a SATA M.2 and not a true NVMe drive.  I have a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X mobo and it's primary M.2 port doesn't disable ANY of my Sata ports when using a real NVMe drive (PCI-interface and not a Sata-based M.2).

The real answer for if a mobo will eat up a sata port is to look at the manual, they can vary by the maker, but typically it's when you put a Sata M.2 drive into the 2ndary M.2 port on a motherboard that it starts having to disable your physical sata ports as a result.

This is 100% correct. Most of the times an NVME drive will NOT disable any ports. Only SATA M.2 drives will do that usually. 

for mobo, i suggesting msi meg z390 god like, have 6 sata +3 m.2+u.2(optane), total 10 port for storage (can share bandwith too). Supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices, RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID5 for M.2 PCIe storage devices. this mobo support PSU  with 2x eps connector. have more usb port too.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.00 @ Canada Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($41.75 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: MSI - MEG Z390 GODLIKE EATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($752.21 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: Team - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB AMP Extreme Core Video Card  ($649.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop) (can boost reach 2080 perform)
Case: Rosewill - THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - V Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $2207.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-20 08:39 EDT-0400

or change that motherboard if over budget :

this all have 8 sata port :
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#K=7,8&c=135&sort=price&page=1

5 minutes ago, ahmad13610 said:

for mobo, i suggesting msi meg z390 god like, have 6 sata +3 m.2+u.2(optane), total 10 port for storage (can share bandwith too). Supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices, RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID5 for M.2 PCIe storage devices. this mobo support PSU  with 2x eps connector. have more usb port too.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($41.75 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: MSI - MEG Z390 GODLIKE EATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($752.21 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: Team - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB AMP Extreme Core Video Card  ($649.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop) (can boost reach 2080 perform)
Case: Rosewill - THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - V Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $2207.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-20 08:39 EDT-0400

You suggest the MSI Godlike ? I suggest that you stop posting ridiculous builds as you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

We are literally 17 days from Zen 2 where a Ryzen 7 3700X~3800X will by all means be a much better alternative for this price point and you literally can't wait up?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)