64bit and Pc games On a snpadragon 850

Guys i'm getting a samsung galaxy book 2 that has decent specs such as:

- 1440p screen

- 4gb ram

- LTE Network

- Long battery

- keyboard and stylus

which are great but the problem is that I trying to find out if can you run 64bit apps and windows 10 pro 64bit and finally games that run off only 64bit windows.

Its a major problem that i'm trying to find out and also tell me if I beed to boot windows 10 pro 64bit via usb and please reply for answers thank you - CyberDude274

As far as I can see it has a Snapdragon CPU and runs on Android. Windows can't run on ARM processors.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

3 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

As far as I can see it has a Snapdragon CPU and runs on Android. Windows can't run on ARM processors.

it could in a vm. also isn't that what windows s is?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

That laptop uses a phone processor, so it is a 32bit.

While windows S supports the emulation of some 64bit programs, the selection is limited.

If you want a true 64bit experience, get a laptop with a 64bit processor.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

So, the short answer is: No.

The long answer is: Kind of, but no.

First: Windows can run on Arm. That's what Windows RT was. But Windows 10 Pro 64-bit will not run. It's compiled for the x86-64 ISA, not the 64-bit ARM ISA.

Second, even if you could get Windows installed, no standard Windows programs would work ("Win32" programs). Some store apps would work (Edge, Photos, etc). But not all of the Store apps would be guaranteed to work.

Third, even if you could install whatever you wanted, it's still a Snapdragon w/ 4GB of RAM. You could run Half-Life 1, or the original Counter-Strike. But no modern game with decently intense graphics would run well (if at all), given that the iGPU in a Snapdragon is pretty weak, compared to a gaming PC's GPU.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, Wauthar said:

There is a version of Windows 10 that runs on ARM though support is limited to some chipsets. It can't run code for the x86_64 version though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 hours ago, Sauron said:

There is a version of Windows 10 that runs on ARM though support is limited to some chipsets. It can't run code for the x86_64 version though.

Huh, TIL.

I completely forgot about Windows RT.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

On 6/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, Wauthar said:

oh ok but though what confuses me is that these videos (link at bottom) is what led me to wonder that if you could run full windows or windows arm only and upgrade to windows to get out of windows 10 s or finally gaming.

Links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3g2dFOPtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSXUDKpkbx4

https://au.pcmag.com/news/53174/windows-on-qualcomm-gets-64-bit-app-support

4 hours ago, CyberDude274 said:

You need to fix your quote, since it looks like you're quoting someone else that said all of that, instead of it being your response to something they said.

Also, no, you can't play x86 nor x86-64 PC Games on ARM - whether it's running Windows or not. You might be able to play a few 64 bit games, sure, but those games would already be compiled for ARM, and it won't be AAA titles.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

To add to what other people have been saying, whether the processor is 32bit or 64bit is not the only thing that affects program compatibility. All desktop processors from the past 40 years have used a variant of the x86 instruction set (either the 32 or 64 bit versions) but mobile processors, such as the one in your galaxy book, use the ARM instruction set.

An ARM processor is not able to run x86 programs, regardless of whether it's 32 or 64 bit, because the binary code of the program needs to be different. Games on steam will not have an ARM version available because, to my knowledge, Steam doesn't support ARM. This means that they won't run on that processor, regardless of what operating system you use. Other platforms will have the same issue - game developers currently have no reason to make their code support ARM.

Emulation of x86 on ARM is possible, and converting x86 programs to ARM is also in theory possible, but the performance overhead would be significant, and you won't have any performance to spare when running games on that processor.

HTTP/2 203

Anyone tried doing benchnarks and see if arm can match the raw performance of Intel or AMD chips? Arm has power consumption crown without challenges but how is the raw performance? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 6/19/2019 at 8:00 AM, Wauthar said:

Windows 10 can run on ARM (Not sure if it's just a special version of Windows 10 or full on Windows 10), and it supports x86 emulation. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/arm/

OP, I'd suggest just getting a non-ARM Windows tablet if you want a tablet that can run all sorts of 64-bit programs and games.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W