rm750i for i9 9900k on z390 taichi ultimate cables connections 8pin+4pin?

so i have rm750i i have z390 taichi ultimate - for CPU power on the motherboard i have one 4pin and one 8pin, but which cables from rm750i kit should i take for it? 

rm750i have only one 8pin CPU cable, should i take PCIe for another 4pin part for CPU powering?

Also all PCIe does not have 4pin it only have 6pin+2pin but there are no cable with 4pin available to connect=(  

PLEASE HELP!

The additional 4 pin should only be in the event you plan to do really high overclocking. Just the 8 pin will work fine.

I should mention the CPU EPS connectors are keyed different to the 6+2 so it wouldn't let you plug it in if you tried. The RM850i would have come come with 2 EPS connectors. One 8 pin and one 4+4 which would have worked here.

so there is no way out to add that 4pin connector? no adapters for the rm750i?

The 4pin CPU power connector on the motherboard is optional. You don't need to use it. Just plug in the 8pin connector and you're fine.

1 minute ago, keizo said:

so there is no way out to add that 4pin connector? no adapters for the rm750i?

You can buy Corsair Type 4 or Type 3 EPS12v cables for $4.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-4-Sleeved-black-8-pin-(4%2B4)-ATX12V-EPS12V-Cable%2C-compatible-with-all-CORSAIR-type-4-pin-out-PSU/p/CP-8920141

Just now, Queen Chrysallis said:

like mentioned, you'd need the 850i to be able to use a second eps

No you don't. The RM750i just doesn't include a second cable in the box. Nothing stopping you from buying an extra cable separately and using it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

26 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The 4pin CPU power connector on the motherboard is optional. You don't need to use it. Just plug in the 8pin connector and you're fine.

You can buy Corsair Type 4 or Type 3 EPS12v cables for $4.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-4-Sleeved-black-8-pin-(4%2B4)-ATX12V-EPS12V-Cable%2C-compatible-with-all-CORSAIR-type-4-pin-out-PSU/p/CP-8920141

No you don't. The RM750i just doesn't include a second cable in the box. Nothing stopping you from buying an extra cable separately and using it.

but, it only have one CPU output, should i connect that cables to the PCIe . output? Or where should i connect the addition CPU cable?

Also what is difference between Corsair Type 4 or Type 3 EPS12v? which is the best?

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

You cant overload the 8pin with a 9900k even on LN2.

how do you power you i9 9900k? how many pins? 

Also - what is  LN2?

6 minutes ago, keizo said:

but, it only have one CPU output, should i connect that cables to the PCIe . output? Or where should i connect the addition CPU cable?

Also what is difference between Corsair Type 4 or Type 3 EPS12v? which is the best?

The RM750i has 3 spots for 8 pin connectors. You can plug either a CPU cable or a PCIe cable into any of them. 

Type 4 has in cable capacitors. Doesn't really matter which one you get. 

Also ,even though you've ignored everyone that has said it, the extra 4 pin connector is useless. You don't have to plug it in, and it does as much for overclocking as RGB. 

:)

4 minutes ago, keizo said:

Type 4 has in-line capacitors. Better for ripple suppression, though not needed. Both the Type 3 and Type 4 EPS12v cables are compatible with the RMi.

On the PSU SIDE the PCie and CPU cable pin outs are the same so the cables are interchangeable ON THE PSU SIDE. The 8pin connectors on the PSU are labelled "6+2 PCI-E & 4+4 CPU". Can plug it in to any of those connectors.

image.png.fdebd975e4dcf72383dc62b93a0d43bd.png

Just now, keizo said:

how do you power you i9 9900k? how many pins? 

The 8pin connector is capable of delivering more than enough power.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

You cant overload the 8pin with a 9900k even on LN2.

Makes me wonder why the board manufacturer bothered putting it in then. Future proofing I guess. Not sure why you felt it necessary to mention this, I wasn't focusing on the CPU he has rather I was explaining why that port is on the board at all.

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

You don't have to plug it in, and it does as much for overclocking as RGB. 

but why for example- asus apex XI has 2 8pin connector for powering the CPU- does them doing nothing for overclocing?

Just now, keizo said:

but why for example- asus apex XI has 2 8pin connector for powering the CPU- does them doing nothing for overclocing?

Again, just like RGB. It helps with marketing, not overclocking. 

:)

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

rather I was explaining why that port is on the board at all.

There is no practical reason why its on the board.

The only reason its there is because of marketing, most people don't know these things, they assume more pins = more power. Gives the impression the board is more powerful.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Makes me wonder why the board manufacturer bothered putting it in then. Future proofing I guess. Not sure why you felt it necessary to mention this, I wasn't focusing on the CPU he has rather I was explaining why that port is on the board at all.

Marketing. It's as useful as metal shielded DIMM slots.

4 minutes ago, keizo said:

I have the APEX X and i'm using a single 8pin and holding 5.2ghz at 1.4v you don't need it.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Marketing. It's as useful as metal shielded DIMM slots.

Metal shielded DIMM slots...that's nothing but a decoration.

I might as well ask then what if we were talking about overclocking a 1950X? Think that could exceed the 8-pin?

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Metal shielded DIMM slots...that's nothing but a decoration.

I might as well ask then what if we were talking about overclocking a 1950X? Think that could exceed the 8-pin?

on LN2 you might wanna plug in, you need to understand there is no limit on the connector, the wires just start getting warmer.

The only time you NEED multiple EPS connectors is when the half the VRM is wired to each connector. Like on the ROG Dominus Extreme.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

No...
Maybe something like an overclocked Threadripper 2990WX if you're using a multi rail PSU with only like 25-30A on the 12V rail. Then you might want to use additional cable so you can split the load across multiple 12v rails just to stop OCP from tripping.

If you're using a dual CPU socket system like in server boards you will need to use the extra cable.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Its because it makes the board look better even if its completely useless for us.

Same for the plastic covers on mobos. They also do nothing and mostly hinders you, but they put them on there anyway.