Can someone tell me which one of these is Windows 10 LTSC?

Elbow

Downloaded an ISO with ''Win10_1809Oct_EnglishInternational_x64'' which supposedly should contain W10 LTSC and used Rufus on a USB-stick in order to make it an installation tool. I fire it up and get this selection where nothing is marked with LTSC, which one should I install exactly?

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

operating systems.png

5 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

LTSC is for Windows 10 Enterprise edition. So if that's not on your list, you can't use it.

Did I just get scammed by the redditors? Was wasting my time downloading it and making a boot drive part of their master plan?

1 minute ago, Elbow said:

Did I just get scammed by the redditors? Was wasting my time downloading it and making a boot drive part of their master plan?

Probably. If it's the ISO you can get from Microsoft, I doubt that has the Enterprise edition available considering how many hoops you supposedly have to go through to get it.

2 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Probably. If it's the ISO you can get from Microsoft, I doubt that has the Enterprise edition available considering how many hoops you supposedly have to go through to get it.

Fuck.

Guess I'll try this one out then and see what happens!

Uuuuh so the reddit page has 100% of its comments deleted by a moderator, should I be worried to run it?

Says it has 98% upvotes, not sure if that indicates that it's legit? Never use Reddit so not sure how it works

There's no way I'd install a Windows OS from an .iso that came from anywhere but Microsoft directly.  As mentioned above, there's no LTSC other than Enterprise.  If you had a legitimate license for Enterprise, you'd have easy access to the real .iso.

What is your legit license for and what are you trying to accomplish, and we can go from there.

8 hours ago, DeaconFrost said:

There's no way I'd install a Windows OS from an .iso that came from anywhere but Microsoft directly.  As mentioned above, there's no LTSC other than Enterprise.  If you had a legitimate license for Enterprise, you'd have easy access to the real .iso.

What is your legit license for and what are you trying to accomplish, and we can go from there.

My normal (old) rig has Windows 7 but don't want regular Windows 10 seeing as it's filled with spyware and bloat (Cortana, ads etc).

The program in the link doesn't work anymore, it used to download the trial version of LTSC and then patched it with all files missing from the real version by downloading them directly from Microsoft but I guess they did something so that method doesn't work anymore. Not that I really mind since Microsoft is in their full rights to make implementations to make it harder to download their products.

I got it working now from another source, very nice to be free from all that anti-consumer bloat they put in the regular version. It's not like I couldn't afford to buy it regularly (as long as it isn't Photoshop expensive) since I make decent money and throw away $50 a month on twitch/patreon for stuff I don't really care about anyway but no way in hell I wanna support the anti-consumer bullshit philosophy that Microsoft has got going now.

Spoiler

1298200216157.jpg

So your solution was piracy, on a forum board with policies against discussing such things?  It doesn't take much to remove the "bloat" of a normal Windows 10 license. all while staying legit.  I don't have any tools for removing tin foil hats, though.  Windows 10 is no worse for spying than any web browser, Google search, or smart phone.

1 hour ago, DeaconFrost said:

So your solution was piracy, on a forum board with policies against discussing such things?

I was only asking about which one of the versions was LTSC until you came in and started inquiring about ''legit licenses'' and me answering honestly since why bother lying to people on the internet? You're the one trying to make this thread be about piracy and then proceeding to get mad about it not me, crybully.

It doesn't take much to remove the "bloat" of a normal Windows 10 license. all while staying legit.

False. You can certainly remove some of it using various methods and programs but other things are hardwired into the OS.

I don't have any tools for removing tin foil hats, though

Tin foil hat about what, Windows 10 being far more anti-consumer, filled with bloatware and takes far more liberties with your personal information than Windows XP and Windows 7? Because that isn't even an opinion of mine, that's pretty much a fact.

Windows 10 is no worse for spying than any web browser, Google search, or smart phone. 

Yeah, that's some high standards you've got going there. If your argument in a discussion about spyware is saying that ''it isn't worse than google'' then that's your cue to leave.

Feel free to discuss your complaints about pirating a license with the mods, if that makes you feel any better.  As for the spying, save your rant for someone who doesn't know what the OS does, not a Network Admin at a Fortune 500 company that puts security at the utmost priority given our direct connections to the power grid.  Have a nice day.  Good luck.

5 minutes ago, DeaconFrost said:

Feel free to discuss your complaints about pirating a license with the mods, if that makes you feel any better.  As for the spying, save your rant for someone who doesn't know what the OS does, not a Network Admin at a Fortune 500 company that puts security at the utmost priority given our direct connections to the power grid.  Have a nice day.  Good luck.

TL;DR appeal to authority!

We cannot help you with pirated content.

image.png.749c66a3ff87efc634fd7e304e9afbf5.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER