Always mark as edited

Steev43230

Is there a way to show my posts as edited by default (when I edit them)? If not, that settings feature is suggested herewith.

Friends: If you went to Bateman School in 1963-64 and recognize me, please let me know.

Gratuitous Comment: EVERY case should come with USB-C ports. It's time and past time. WELL past time.

"Then name the system!": CPU-Z validated at https://valid.x86.fr/rkq3mc

Edited by CHEESYnachoMAN4
Ludicrous beat me to it

PC Specs:

CPU: i9 10850k

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z490-A

Ram: 32GB DDR4 4000MHz

GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10G 

Case: Cooler Master: MasterCase H500P

Storage: 4TB NVME SSD, 8TB HDD, 500gb SSD

PSU: Corsair AX1600i

Monitor: ACER X34P 34" and LG 34" 34UC88-B Curved LED Monitor (stacked)

CPU Cooler: Cougar Helor 360

Peripherals:

Keyboard: CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Speakers: Sound BlasterX Katana V2

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

18 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

image.png.7ac2d8768872883a7519177850b72658.png

Yes, a setting to keep it checked.

Friends: If you went to Bateman School in 1963-64 and recognize me, please let me know.

Gratuitous Comment: EVERY case should come with USB-C ports. It's time and past time. WELL past time.

1 minute ago, Steev43230 said:

Yes, a setting to keep it checked.

Not sure if there's a setting for that, or at least not that I know of.

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

Not sure if there's a setting for that, or at least not that I know of.

There isn't. Which is why this was posted in suggestions...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks. What's an LMG Pilot, btw?

4 minutes ago, Steev43230 said:

Thanks. What's an LMG Pilot, btw?

Soon to be relic of times when you could buy Floatplane subscription through forums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

OP asked if it was an existing feature, that's what I answered. 

4 hours ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

So no one new can have that LMG Pilot thing anymore? or Bitwit Ultra?

Derailing, but not for now at least. Not until they figure out how to get syncing working the other way around.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's not possible to make it save the state of that checkbox. However, I can remove the checkbox so everyone always shows the edit message - would anyone have any issues with that?

HTTP/2 203

23 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It's not possible to make it save the state of that checkbox. However, I can remove the checkbox so everyone always shows the edit message - would anyone have any issues with that?

No issue here.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm fine too. I'm used to "it" (whatever the "it" at issue might be) showing an edited post as having been edited.

Showing a post as edited will do more good than harm. Can't believe the forum hasn't defaulted it before

On 6/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, colonel_mortis said:

I have an issue with that, since I almost always edit my posts not long after posting them, to fix mistakes or add extra crap.
I'd rather it shows as Edited, only if someone else posted after us, but before that? No reason to show it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 6/26/2019 at 8:23 PM, TetraSky said:

I have an issue with that, since I almost always edit my posts not long after posting them, to fix mistakes or add extra crap.
I'd rather it shows as Edited, only if someone else posted after us, but before that? No reason to show it.

Fair enough. I edit most all of my posts immediately on posting too. All I can say is: an edit is an edit.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:12 PM, colonel_mortis said:

I much prefer not if I'm allowed to say.

I hate having the EDIT tag only because I had to fix the grammar on a single word in my post.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 6/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, colonel_mortis said:

I'd rather have the option to toggle the edit tag. I feel less anxious when posting knowing that I can discreetly change any errors.

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord