How can i make money?

Kevin Lapidronas
2 hours ago, Kamina said:

I would put your mother's couches on craigslist and tell them that we got robbed.

Hahaha

5 hours ago, XR6 said:

Boot sales do exist here in Europe, and they're quite similar to garage sales. Sometimes you can find a good deal on PC parts there if you're lucky.

Some people do have garage sales/yard sales but they rarely happen, it's more of an American/Canadian thing.

In Latvia, well.... Latvia is full of forests and mostly you'll see apartments, so i don't think that an old babusha who lives in one of those old apartments will sell me a 8GB Ram stick for 5 Euros. 

37 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Considering he's male he wouldn't last long in the baby sitting market.

True my hormones have been awoken, and if i ended up babysitting i would end up in jail.

55 minutes ago, wasab said:

I know Europe has cars tho so try washing peoples cars. Babysitting others children is also good, though I'm sure most won't trust you with their kids unless they know you well. 

What are car washes for? ?

6 minutes ago, Kevin Lapidronas said:

What are car washes for? ?

if you cost less...

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Just now, will1432 said:

if you cost less...

They cost 12. So i should take my moms Fairy and start washing cars? xD

DSC01922(2).jpg

Latvia minimum wage is $483 USD per month according to Google (weird way to measure it to us americans).

Regardless, thats $16 a day for a 30 day month... That is very little, in my state in the US you make that in under 2 hours.

Really, when starting out you need to take what you can get. You won't get hired to do anything computer related, as much as you may want to. Sorry to break it to you with everybody else, but such is life.

Really, take what you can get and save it. Best advice I can give is prioritize your school work so you can get a scholarship to a school somewhere else in Europe or elsewhere with a more stable economy and higher GDP. I have met a few Latvians here in America, not a single one of them regret leaving.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

24 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Latvia minimum wage is $483 USD per month according to Google (weird way to measure it to us americans).

Regardless, thats $16 a day for a 30 day month... That is very little, in my state in the US you make that in under 2 hours.

Really, when starting out you need to take what you can get. You won't get hired to do anything computer related, as much as you may want to. Sorry to break it to you with everybody else, but such is life.

Really, take what you can get and save it. Best advice I can give is prioritize your school work so you can get a scholarship to a school somewhere else in Europe or elsewhere with a more stable economy and higher GDP. I have met a few Latvians here in America, not a single one of them regret leaving.

What do you mean per month? It should be per hour. I mean you can work two jobs with less than minium wage per hour but still make higher than minium per month. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

What do you mean per month? It should be per hour. I mean you can work two jobs with less than minium wage per hour but still make higher than minium per month. 

Google only gave me metrics per month, not by the hour.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

2 hours ago, Kevin Lapidronas said:

True my hormones have been awoken, and if i ended up babysitting i would end up in jail.

More insinuating that parents are unlikely to hire a guy. I wouldn't either tbh.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Not sure you should be working at 14. I get why you might need to or why you might feel like you want to start working already: I wanted shit at that age too yet I was old enough to realize just demanding shit from my parents was unreasonable and put a significant economical strain on them but you need to become resourceful.

Try public libraries if they have PCs at all, maybe check the newspapers to see people just throwing away old but functional PCs, etc. It's no fun but trying to get by with no money is probably more important than getting a job right now: trust me when I say you get a lot more mileage out of learning to be frugal from a young age than from washing toilets and picking up coffee for people to get paid in "work experience" only and no actual money because almost all jobs that can actually help you out down the line will just not pay you: just unpaid internships or labor intensive shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, wasab said:

Actually hour/annual rate are a distinctly American things most of the rest of the world divides rates between week and month rates for the most part since well, lots of services like rent, utilities, etc. You pay for monthly or bi-monthly.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Actually hour/annual rate are a distinctly American things most of the rest of the world divides rates between week and month rates for the most part since well, lots of services like rent, utilities, etc. You pay for monthly or bi-monthly.

I simply find that nonsensical however because it doesn't say actually how long you work in a month to make that minimum wage. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

39 minutes ago, wasab said:

I simply find that nonsensical however because it doesn't say actually how long you work in a month to make that minimum wage. 

Minimum wage is accompanied by standard 40 hours per week. Again I know you find it nonsensical but that's because there's very little in the way of establishing what should be the work ours per week. Most other places establish them as 40 and make businesses increase rate after 40 hours per week also increasing rates on night shift and on Sundays for example.

Calculating minimum wage per hour leaves the door open for unfair amount of hours instead of also establishing the reasonable hours (40/week or 160/month) along with minimum wage.

We even go beyond that and establish the bare minimum of benefits for that baseline which includes a mandated contribution to social services and retirement fund, winter holiday bonus, mandated profit share annually, mandated minimum vacation days (Which scale up with job seniority) and even mandated minimum paid maternity.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 6/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, Kevin Lapidronas said:

Hello fellow forumers! ❤️

I made this thread to inform you that i need a job. I can make a website in HTML5 and Css only, becouse i'm not available to do more becouse i don't have a computer and i can't afford a pc nor my mother can't.

To continue, i'll introduce myself!

Hello, my name is Ralph! And i'm a 14 year old boy from Latvia! And i i really love to game, draw and code! I haven't made any websites as for example to show of what i'm eligible to do. I'm using a nice phone it's Huawei Honor 7s and i really like it it's very slim and it does plays high resolution videos whit no problems!

But the only thing i hate about this phone is that it's processor is very bad (MT6739) It's very slow performing and this bad boy has 2 Gigs of RAM which is what i really like. This phone can't run Pubgm and Minecraft since this is a budget phone i can't say that i'm getting decent FPS i'm getting mostly 5-28. And it's very painful but i'm used to it now, and about the main topic as you may have read that i'm a gamer and a programmer well a Rookie actually, and i really really need money for my first Pc and i won't go around asking for money. So i'll better earn money myself. I'll appreciate if you'll find some time to leave a reply and inform me if you want to hire me or maybe tell me more about earning money. About the thing i forgot, you might write a reply saying "Uh, kid why aren't you cutting someone's lawn?" well this is Europe. And the worst part is that in Latvia there are very very low wages, let's say 5/Hour. Sounds bad right? Yes it is, that's a normal wage what your'e getting as a Store clerk or even a Sanitary person. I'll be really thankful for your replies! Thank you! ❤️

(Sorry for my grammar, English isn't my native language!) 

Not sure how much 5 an hour is over there. But minimum wage here in the US is only $7.25 (Federal law), and some of the states have higher because they think the federal standard is too low. BUT fact of the matter when I started working at 15 years old my first job only paid $5.25 an hour. Remember until you get the experience you will get a shit wage, generally. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

To add on what @Emirvel said. There is a kid in my sisters neighborhood, he has a 4 wheeler, a trailer and a lawn mower. Charges $20 for each yard cut. If you have some type of skill or dont mind doing manual labor, then you can find something to make money at. Cutting lawns, shoveling snow, raking leaves, etc. Ive seen people on my towns Facebook page needing help moving things and will pay people to come over and help. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 4 weeks later...

I work construction for my grandpa and make $2 and hour as a volunteer worker.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!