How can i make money?

Kevin Lapidronas

Hello fellow forumers! <3

I made this thread to inform you that i need a job. I can make a website in HTML5 and Css only, becouse i'm not available to do more becouse i don't have a computer and i can't afford a pc nor my mother can't.

To continue, i'll introduce myself!

Hello, my name is Ralph! And i'm a 14 year old boy from Latvia! And i i really love to game, draw and code! I haven't made any websites as for example to show of what i'm eligible to do. I'm using a nice phone it's Huawei Honor 7s and i really like it it's very slim and it does plays high resolution videos whit no problems!

But the only thing i hate about this phone is that it's processor is very bad (MT6739) It's very slow performing and this bad boy has 2 Gigs of RAM which is what i really like. This phone can't run Pubgm and Minecraft since this is a budget phone i can't say that i'm getting decent FPS i'm getting mostly 5-28. And it's very painful but i'm used to it now, and about the main topic as you may have read that i'm a gamer and a programmer well a Rookie actually, and i really really need money for my first Pc and i won't go around asking for money. So i'll better earn money myself. I'll appreciate if you'll find some time to leave a reply and inform me if you want to hire me or maybe tell me more about earning money. About the thing i forgot, you might write a reply saying "Uh, kid why aren't you cutting someone's lawn?" well this is Europe. And the worst part is that in Latvia there are very very low wages, let's say 5/Hour. Sounds bad right? Yes it is, that's a normal wage what your'e getting as a Store clerk or even a Sanitary person. I'll be really thankful for your replies! Thank you! <3

(Sorry for my grammar, English isn't my native language!) 

Aren't you a bit young to be complaining about wage at 14 years old? Just take whatever people are willing to pay. You do not have kids to feed and bills to pay. Minimum wage is more than enough for a 14 year old like you.

In fact, I say too much for some. Many of you are yet to have the financial literacy to know how to manage your money properly. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Mate, it seems like it'll take ages to earn enough for PC. The best jobs you can look to do are things like retail, gardening, paper rounds, chores around the house. Sometimes there is no way forward and you have to accept it, you'll have to work your arse off for a while to get anything.

I'd try and be happy with what you have. Could be worse. At 14, I had a £50 nokia phone that I had had since I was 12. It had Bluetooth, I could blast my tunes, take pictures of my friends, I loved that phone. I was just happy to have a phone that worked, until it went through the washing machine and I bought a HTC Wildfire. No games worked on it except for a 2 year old apk of Doodle jump. 

My parents were really tight and we lit lived on £15k back then. I had hand-me-down clothes, toys, games. Don't define yourself based on what you have and keep cracking on.

2 hours ago, wasab said:

Aren't you a bit young to be complaining about wage at 14 years old? Just take whatever people are willing to pay. You do not have kids to feed and bills to pay. Minimum wage is more than enough for a 14 year old like you.

In fact, I say too much for some. Many of you are yet to have the financial literacy to know how to manage your money properly. 

Umm.. I mean the minimum wage is very very low in our country and i do not meant that minimum wage a.ka 300 euros is bad it's actually very good for some pc parts. And who cares if i'm abit too young i made 105 Euros in a contest but thats not enough i need a job

1 hour ago, Kevin Lapidronas said:

Umm.. I mean the minimum wage is very very low in our country and i do not meant that minimum wage a.ka 300 euros is bad it's actually very good for some pc parts. And who cares if i'm abit too young i made 105 Euros in a contest but thats not enough i need a job

Without prior work experiences and sub high school education, no one will be paying you above average wage. 

And my point is $5/h is more than enough to build a PC with assuming you work at least 40 hours a week and a full month. That alone is already $800 which is the budget of my first gaming PC. If you already have 105 euros saved up which translates to around $120 dollars, you will have enough to build a PC with in less than a month. Summer is 3 months long. You have more than ample time to earn the money needed. 

You can also move to other EU cities in which wage is higher. I mean you already speak English so maybe move to the UK or something when you are older. 

Edit: forgot UK left the EU ?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

8 hours ago, wasab said:

Without prior work experiences and sub high school education, no one will be paying you above average wage. 

And my point is $5/h is more than enough to build a PC with assuming you work at least 40 hours a week and a full month. That alone is already $800 which is the budget of my first gaming PC. If you already have 105 euros saved up which translates to around $120 dollars, you will have enough to build a PC with in less than a month. Summer is 3 months long. You have more than ample time to earn the money needed. 

You can also move to other EU cities in which wage is higher. I mean you already speak English so maybe move to the UK or something when you are older. 

Thanks for your reply wasab!

I wouldn't mind working for 5Euros per hour, what i meant was that people who work long hours get very low wages. And the most saddest part is that mostly in Latvia people nor can't buy full shopping carts whit food supplies since everything is exspensive. And i assume your gaming rig has 16GB RAM? I don't really think of more than 8GB ram workstation. Also i don't really believe if i started to search for like gardening jobs or something like that that will pay me hourly. Mostly people if they need someone to do something in garden they'll pay you 1 Euro for 3 hours. -_-

I forgot to meantion that i could start playing games and sell accounts? I have done this before but whit 80 Euros for an in game item. I don't really know where i can get money.

People aren’t going to trust a kid with a job that is advanced like programming so you’re stuck with minimum wage jobs. USA’s minimum wage is only about 6.4 euros an hour, and our cost of living is significantly higher. If you really want to make money, you take whatever job you can get and work it with a smile. There is no shame in sanitation or gardening. 

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

People aren’t going to trust a kid with a job that is advanced like programming so you’re stuck with minimum wage jobs. USA’s minimum wage is only about 6.4 euros an hour, and our cost of living is significantly higher. If you really want to make money, you take whatever job you can get and work it with a smile. There is no shame in sanitation or gardening. 

Very talented kids can freelance however. 

E.g. this kid has been hunting bugs and vulnerability and reporting them for a bounty for a long time. Remember watching the paint dry simulator on steam?

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2452890/kid-hacker-spoofs-steam-site-with-paint-drying-game

Sudo make me a sandwich 

The pricing of stuff is also cheaper in Baltics. Maybe not electronics, but food, transport etc. Cheap place to have vacation as a Finn :D For non-educated worker without any experience, and as 16-18 year old, pay here is €6.7/h. If you are under 16, you aren't allowed to be hired to do full work days. If you are over 15 and in education preparing for work, then you can get job with better pay. So same €7.5 minimum everybody else without education gets.

Get what you can and be happy that parents are paying for your housing, food, clothes etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, Sorenson said:

There have been cases where a latvian social media company Draugiem.lv has hired kids whit programming skills, and i'm not talking about 8-12 I'm talking about 14-16. I'm currently working on sharpening my Css skills and then i'll learn JavaScript and PHP I want to learn more about user interface and servers.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:10 AM, imreloadin said:

Well you only need one kidney after all...

No i won't sell my kidneys... Lmao

On 6/13/2019 at 3:41 AM, wasab said:

Ooft! My heart aches xD

@Kevin Lapidronas I would definitely keep up the programming, even if it doesn't immediately look like you're going to find a job.

While I can only speak for my experience within the UK, it looks VERY good if you can show that you've been coding in your spare time.

I know a degree is required by some companies but over here we tend to joke about graduate students in that they don't know anything (which seems to be quite often true)

My advice if you want to go down the programming route:

I'm 14 and you don't see me complaining about getting wages equal to the work I'm capable of.

Go through e-waste recycling bins/dumps, thrift stores, garage sales, etc. and find stuff to refurb and resell.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 6/12/2019 at 11:10 PM, Kevin Lapidronas said:

let's say 5/Hour. Sounds bad right? Yes it is, that's a normal wage what your'e getting as a Store clerk or even a Sanitary person.

Sounds perfectly fine, even above average, for a 14 year old to me.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:10 PM, Kevin Lapidronas said:

I haven't made any websites as for example to show of what i'm eligible to do.

Focus on that first then. If you want a job, you'll have to somehow convince them that you can do the things they are looking for. Having no examples won't help.

As a 14 year old you really shouldn't complain about that kind of a wage. Just get a job that you like: paper route, mail delivery, restocking at supermarkets etc.; all small steps towards a bigger goal. This will also teach you the value of money. You have neither the experience nor the responsibility to be earning big money at this age.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:12 AM, wasab said:

I must also agree with this. Do you have any clue (and I mean really have a clue) of what kind of money you're talking about? At 14 years old my worries were which of 2-3 videogames I would buy with my hard earned €50. You're talking about a €1000 gaming rig.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, Kevin Lapidronas said:

I forgot to meantion that i could start playing games and sell accounts? I have done this before but whit 80 Euros for an in game item. I don't really know where i can get money.

Pretty sure this could be illegal.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

8 hours ago, PacketMan said:

I'm working right now for exactly 5€/hour on my traineeship and I'm 23 years old, why do you complain about getting 5€/hour? Do you have any real skill? That you can prove? That no one else have and will do for cheaper?

Get a job, I have a lot of friends crying about not having money and wanting a job so badly, but then again prefer to be at home watching TV that earning money, that's the mistake of y'all "wanting" money but not working for a "low income"

Anyway, in Latvia the normal wage can be very low, but at least the house/flat rental and food is cheaper

Get any job you are offered, save the money for a few years, improve your coding skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript... You can master Laravel too, and AngularJS...) and then you'll be able to work remotely in web development for much, much more than in your country even if you are 18

I would like to determite that i'm not against 5/1Hr it would be very very good. I'm sorry if i was nonunderstandable. English isn't my native language. And actually it's not cheap at all. 

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm 14 and you don't see me complaining about getting wages equal to the work I'm capable of.

Go through e-waste recycling bins/dumps, thrift stores, garage sales, etc. and find stuff to refurb and resell.

Did i forgot to not mention that this is Europe? No i didn't. Please read the whole poem please. In Europe there are no such thing as Lemonade stands or garage sales. 

10 minutes ago, Kevin Lapidronas said:

Did i forgot to not mention that this is Europe? No i didn't. Please read the whole poem please. In Europe there are no such thing as Lemonade stands or garage sales. 

I did read the whole post, and I did see that you're in Latvia. Garage sales were an example, doesn't Europe have something called a boot sale? Isn't it just a garage sale but much, much bigger? Plus, I somehow doubt you guys just "don't have" garage sales/yard sales.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

50 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I did read the whole post, and I did see that you're in Latvia. Garage sales were an example, doesn't Europe have something called a boot sale? Isn't it just a garage sale but much, much bigger? Plus, I somehow doubt you guys just "don't have" garage sales/yard sales.

Boot sales do exist here in Europe, and they're quite similar to garage sales. Sometimes you can find a good deal on PC parts there if you're lucky.

Some people do have garage sales/yard sales but they rarely happen, it's more of an American/Canadian thing.

I would put your mother's couches on craigslist and tell them that we got robbed.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

On 6/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, wasab said:

5/hour is nothing, esp consider they already have homework and school. If they worked 2 hours a week (what I'd expect from a kid), thats only 3 months to make enough money for a decent low-end PC.

Also, in college, I had everything prepaid (i.e. already paid for food, textbooks, tuition, phone, housing), I made ~50$ a week and that was hard to balance with all my other expenses such as games, movies, eating at resturants and gifts and stuff like that

6 hours ago, Kevin Lapidronas said:

I know Europe has cars tho so try washing peoples cars. Babysitting others children is also good, though I'm sure most won't trust you with their kids unless they know you well. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

17 minutes ago, wasab said:

I know Europe has cars tho so try washing peoples cars. Babysitting others children is also good, though I'm sure most won't trust you with their kids unless they know you well. 

Considering he's male he wouldn't last long in the baby sitting market.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti