Will steam accept BTC or LTC?

Just looking for some opinions,

Do you think valve (or mainly steam) will start accepting bitcoin or litecoin?

I bloody hope not, than at least another few hundred people will want to mine, keeping the 290 prices high, not good for me. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I have the answer... No one knows. Hard to predict. Cryptos are very touchy right now, and could plummet in prices. Steam/Valve would be a nice addition to the Crypto game though!

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

I don't see why not in the future. It would be a smart thing for them to do as it's very merchant friendly with zero charge-backs, no fraud/counterfeiting, and next to nothing for "fees".

Currently there's a few ways to purchase steam gift cards with Bitcoin/Litecoin but nothing directly involving steam yet. Most of the places selling Gift cards do so at a markup so they can scrape some profit off the top.

I'd recommend using Humble Bundle when possible to purchase steam based games. Not only does 10% go to charity, but they have accepted Bitcoin for quite some time now. https://www.humblebundle.com/store

If I had to predict when, not if.. I'd say likely around Q4 of 2014. As this year moves along we will be seeing much more wide-spread merchant adoption. Along with current merchant adoption, many interesting start-ups which have quietly been funding and getting things in order over the past several months will start launching and opening their doors.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

http://www.steambits.com/ Never tried but i know people that buy regularly without problem

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

Since the abbreviations for these cryptocurrencies consist of three characters, I highly doubt Valve would allow such a thing.

What about AUD, USD, CAD and EUR?

They're 3 characters.

Doesn't sound like anything Steam would do based on past ventures. (Really I'd be sad to see how stupid they are if they did start to)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

In an announcement recently, they planned to add more currencies available for use on the Steam market. One of those planned currencies is Bitcoin.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Just looking for some opinions,

Do you think valve (or mainly steam) will start accepting bitcoin or litecoin?

eventually, bitcoin is starting to come to etailers

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!