Looking for a Programm to handle multiple Displays

Hello everyone.

Iam looking for a good Software to handle Multi Monitors. I have two Displays in my Office and over a 15m HDMI Cable i connected my TV in the Livingroom to the PC.

But i have a big struggle to Handle Multiple Monitors especially when i want to Game in the Livingroom, open Programs, or Windows Explorer.

For Example i wannt to play Anno 1800 in my Livingroom

In Office-> changing Maindisplay from Monitor 1 to Monitor 3, the one in the Livingroom

walking in Livingroom-> Open Uplay-> Uplay opens on the Monitor 1 in the Office.... not again

walking back to Office-> Open Anno

walking back to Livingroom-> finally can play.....damn forgot my Snacks in the Office.....

finish playing Anno-> have to set back Mainmonitor to Monitor 1

Iam Looking for something where i can navigate trough my Displays with something Like a button.

I tried Multi-Desktop from Windows....but its not what iam looking for....even a Quick Brainstorming couldnt find a Way around.

Someone knows a neat Program that handles Multimonitors the Easy and Quick way without any usless stuff?

I even would pay something as long as its good and simple.

I also go back to google and work me trough some Stuff i can found there...but my goal is not to install hundreds of Programs to look what fits my needs,

thats why i ask if someone hat some good or bad experience with Software for multi Monitors.

EDIT

Side Infos.

Office Monitor 1 is 160Hz1080p (Maindisplay)

Office Monitor 2 is 60HZ1080p

TV in Livingroom is 60Hz1080p

Greetings 

You can buy HDMI sockets off Amazon that you can press a button and change the signal. Maybe this could work for you?

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 2700 | T-Force 32GB 3000mhZ | Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 Case | Corsair H100x AIO | Corsair CX750M PSU | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC

Storage Server: Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Mini PC | i3 4130T 2.90Ghz | 4GB SoDIMM | 500GB WD Blue Internal | 6TB Seagate External | 1TB Seagate External | OS: Openmediavault

Being kind costs nothing. Make the world a better place!

Display Fusion is quite good.

Not sure it can do exactly what you want so check if it has the feature first but it has many, many features to customize multiple screens.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with any program to solve all that, I mean I heard good things abut Display Fusion, but I have not used it myself.

One shortcut I can recommend to you is Windows Key + arrow keys.

E.g. if your uPlay window is active, pressing Windows Key + right will move it to the right half of the current display it is on, pressing it again will move it to the screen to the right of it. This of course also works with any other direction, Windows Key up being a 'fullscreen' button after pressing it twice.

This will cut out at least one step of the situation you described, but unfortunately this only works on windowed applications, not full screen.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

wouldn't multi monitor in mirror mode work( same taskbar across all monitors ) you can change ur main display from desktop with right click ? or does that window show up on a different monitor ( i cant remember ) 

16 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

wouldn't multi monitor in mirror mode work( same taskbar across all monitors ) you can change ur main display from desktop with right click ? or does that window show up on a different monitor ( i cant remember ) 

Ohh yes. Something i forgot the speak about. (Edited the Mainpost)

Monitor 1 is a 160HZ Display and the TV in the Livingroom is only 60HZ.

When i mirror this two Displays i lost my glorious 160HZ on my Monitor 1. because Windows scales down and i have to revert the Setting everytime i do this.

17 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Unfortunately I am not familiar with any program to solve all that, I mean I heard good things abut Display Fusion, but I have not used it myself.

One shortcut I can recommend to you is Windows Key + arrow keys.

E.g. if your uPlay window is active, pressing Windows Key + right will move it to the right half of the current display it is on, pressing it again will move it to the screen to the right of it. This of course also works with any other direction, Windows Key up being a 'fullscreen' button after pressing it twice.

This will cut out at least one step of the situation you described, but unfortunately this only works on windowed applications, not full screen.

This is something my Friend comes up with. But it know why, but it doesn't work on my PC. Is this a Option that u can Enable somewhere?

21 minutes ago, AlexanderAckroyd said:

You can buy HDMI sockets off Amazon that you can press a button and change the signal. Maybe this could work for you?

hm...not really in my favor. I also have to Struggle with my 15m HDMI Cable that i have to hide somewhere and somehow.

I think Software should do the Trick here ;)

Display Fusion is really something i take a look for when iam back at Home.

3 minutes ago, Ganbada said:

-snip-

i meant the multi monitor app to get taskbars across all screens, it has a mirror mode where taskbars are the same across all monitors 

3 minutes ago, Ganbada said:

This is something my Friend comes up with. But it know why, but it doesn't work on my PC. Is this a Option that u can Enable somewhere?

Hmm, as far as I know, this is a default Windows feature.

In Windows 7 and 10 at least. Although I have seen some programs not work with this. Try this feature using Windows Explorer to see if it works at all, if so it probably just doesn't work with the program you want to use it with.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So....after some Testing with Display Fusion and Multi Monitor Tool..

Multi Monitor Tool has this cool Preview Feature something i was looking for but not in the way iam interested in.

Also this boxy Win98 Style ....hm...

Display Fusion is really Insane and offers to much for my needs. 98%of the Features i never ever could use.

Display Fusion Bar that shows only Windows that opens on the Monitor is a Feature of Windows now... so no need for it.

Different Wallpapers on different Monitors is a Feature i was looking into, but a Friend said u could use Windows Dia-Show from a Folder with 3 Pics and you sort them right that it shows right on the Monitor. Maybe some Photoshop is needed for Resolution fittings.

I also found the reason why i couldn't use "Windows + [->]/[<-]".

The Option to disable "Snap to Corners" also Disables this Feature....i deactivated it long time ago because, when i drag Windows over Screens i didnt like that it snaps on the Corners of the Display while dragging.

The "Show ALT+ TAB" Menu on all Screens" is a nice Feature. but ....

just because of that i dont want a Program on my PC that is so Feature-Heavy.

A Option to Open the "ALT+TAB" Menu and Drag a Window from it to a preferred Display,

this would be a really helpful Action for all my Problems but i couldn't find a way to get this to work.

So after all ....and the fact that i can now move Windows with the Arrow-Keys...and with a Workaround to display different Backgrounds...

I keep it Stock for now. until myself or someone finds something different.

You can try https://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

the trial period is limited to 30 days, the software is otherwise fully functional.

It's a small and easy to handle app. Very convinient for me, while using different profiles for any combination made from my 5 screens: 2 TV, 2 monitors and projector.