Good thermal pastes?

Just wanting to get an opinion on what I should get for a new thermal paste? I plan to clean my Noctua cooler and replace the thermal paste since it's been there for nearly 3 years now. I ran out of the Noctua thermal paste for other builds.

Pretty much anything.

The best would have to be any paste that can melt and 'reflow' like Coollaboratory or Indigo.

I just use the stock thermal paste that comes with cooler masters heatsinks, it does the job for me :P at the moment my fx-6100 is running @ 4.2ghz max of 52degrees :)

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Got a tube of Deep Cool Z5 - works perfectly fine for me. :)

I use artic cooling mx4. It is a good performing thermal compound but the only problem with it is that sometimes it is very sticky. I mean really sticky. I tried to take the hetsink off the amd chip in my server and it pulled the chip out of the socket no joke. It bent 6 pins on the processor on the way. I managed to bend them back but if you consider this thermal paste be sure to remember that it can be quite sticky. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Ic diamond or artic or tuniq.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Just wanting to get an opinion on what I should get for a new thermal paste? I plan to clean my Noctua cooler and replace the thermal paste since it's been there for nearly 3 years now. I ran out of the Noctua thermal paste for other builds.

If you are going to clean your cooler and your processor make sure you use something like the arctic clean thermal material remover and surface purifier.. It just ensures your cooler is clean and is ready for new compound. Check it out it is good stuff. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

IC Diamond or MX-4

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

Noctua NT-H1.

Non-conductive, doesn't need to cure, doesn't shed solvent, comes in a big tube for 15 applications, and fairly cheap. It is also in the top percentile performing pastes.

The only drawback it has is a slightly harder to apply substance than most pastes, but that is far from enough drawback to not use it IMO.

I recently switched to Noctua NT-H1 on my graphics card, an old GTX 470 that was always pushing 90 deg celsius, now the highest I've ever seen it is 86.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

a thermal paste doesn't matter at all, but the beast i know is AC DIAMOND 

I use artic cooling mx4. It is a good performing thermal compound but the only problem with it is that sometimes it is very sticky. I mean really sticky. I tried to take the hetsink off the amd chip in my server and it pulled the chip out of the socket no joke. It bent 6 pins on the processor on the way. I managed to bend them back but if you consider this thermal paste be sure to remember that it can be quite sticky. 

Yeah the MX4 is a good paste. I have had that happen where the whole CPU had been pulled out of the socket because of it. It was not with the MX4 but with the stock paste that comes on AMD's heat sink and fan. I generally try to make sure to let the CPU warm up by turning the computer on for about 5 minutes or so and that usually does the trick and have had no issues since then.

Mx4

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

I personally use TIM consultants Quantum, it is one of the top rated TIMs and is super cheap. 3 tubes for $10 shipped to my location! 

It is quiet thick, but spreads pretty good and it is still working perfectly in my PS3 after 3 years of use. 

http://www.tim-consultants.com/matrix2.html

It does kinda of "dry" after a few months, but performance does not go down, it actually seems to get a little better. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Coolaboratory LP, from what I've heard (still need to grab myself some) is the best on the market.

IC diamond and MX-4 

From what I've heard, they are both pretty good and consistent thermal paste.

I love IC Diamond!

I have used both MX-4 and IC diamond. I remember when it first came out they were giving away free tubes. 

Coolaboratory LP, from what I've heard (still need to grab myself some) is the best on the market.

It may be the best on the market, but it's a bitch to apply and remove.

Just about any of the popular TIMs will work. Tuniq TX-4 and Gelid GC extreme are the only ones I remember being good that haven't been posted here yet. If you want the best results, though, you will have to go for a metal TIM, such as liquid pro or indigo extreme.

These are the only ones i'd use:

Indigo Extreme 

NT-H1

IC Diamond

Arctic silver MX-4

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I've been using Arctic Silver 5 for the last few months - I've found it to significantly improve with time and now it works extremely well. Using it on 4 builds, one of which is a HEAVILY overclocked fx-8320 (5GHz) and it works admirably. It's working beautifully.

Current rig: AMD Piledriver fx-8320 OC'd to 4.9ghz on 1.45v vcore | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 board | Gigabyte 7950 W3x| 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD