GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M

I got this board and it doesn't have the same BIOS options that other boards do for overclocking it uses offsets and different numbers.  Does anyone have any experience with overclocking Ryzen on the GigaByte boards that could help me dial in my overclock on my R5 2600

Overclocking is inherently trial and error 

And to get around to overclocking you can allways just use a calculator to fogure out where you are sitting with the voltage. 

Unfortunately the BIOS on budget Aorus boards is limited, the offset is what you need to use. When you set a value, open Ryzen master to see your final voltage and temps during a stress test.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

There is a new BIOS update for 3rd Gen Ryzen (ver. F40). However I ran into an issue where Q-Flash is telling me the Bios file is an invalid bios image. You may have better luck, but I already submitted a problem with Gigabyte. 

I have my 1700X overclocked to 3.9 Ghz and I didnt need to touch voltage. I have the same board. 

1 hour ago, HempKnight719 said:

I have my 1700X overclocked to 3.9 Ghz and I didnt need to touch voltage. I have the same board. 

In other words. You left voltage to auto........

And you are probably using quite spicy voltage.

Im kind of at a loss... the 2600 seems to turbo itself up to 3.9 pretty handily without having to adjust anything... is a 2-300 MHz OC even worth it

It can make a big difference if your computer is doing a lot of calculations for rendering, file compressing and other tasks. You can try disable the boosting in your BIOS.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

14 hours ago, HempKnight719 said:

There is a new BIOS update for 3rd Gen Ryzen (ver. F40). However I ran into an issue where Q-Flash is telling me the Bios file is an invalid bios image. You may have better luck, but I already submitted a problem with Gigabyte. 

The F40 bios update is junk and i told them. I was using F4 and you need to update to F32 BEFORE updating to F40, and F40 is the most unstable update they released so far its not even stable with stock settings

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

46 minutes ago, Mathieu9836 said:

The F40 bios update is junk and i told them. I was using F4 and you need to update to F32 BEFORE updating to F40, and F40 is the most unstable update they released so far its not even stable with stock settings

I have had my system running on F40 for 12 hours now and I havent had any issues.