My father is buying a 9900k based system.

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

can you both wait for computex? everything will be clear there idc about rumors its only for the hype just wait for computex pls.

Yeah I wish my dad could be open to Zen 2.  But as I said hes old Im not gonna argue with him about the CPU being AMD or Intel.  He told me he wants Intel and that is his preference not to say its better then a AMD or worse.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

6 minutes ago, Oalei said:

can you both wait for computex? everything will be clear there idc about rumors its only for the hype just wait for computex pls.

It's practically common sense. There's enough room to add another die and Lisa Su already said the 8 cores compared to the 9900k at CES was a mid range chip.. What's a high end chip, 8 cores at 6ghz?

There's more evidence pointing to more than 8 cores then there's evidence pointing the other way.. 

There is a chance there may not be more than 8 cores but Turtle is going around saying the max is 8 cores which is just wrong to say at the least. I'm simply correcting that. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

3 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

It's practically common sense. There's enough room to add another die and Lisa Su already said the 8 cores compared to the 9900k at CES was a mid range chip.. What's a high end chip, 8 cores at 6ghz?

There's more evidence pointing to more than 8 cores then there's evidence pointing the other way.. 

There is a chance there may not be more than 8 cores but Turtle is going around saying the max is 8 cores which is just wrong to say at the least. I'm simply correcting that. 

No no, I never said max is 8 core, and if I did I apologize.  I initially said Ryzen 3000 will go up to 16 core, then someone down played it that it will be or start at 8 cores.  I was the one confessing how its gonna go up to 16 cores.  But at end of the day neither of us know anything until July.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, ch3w2oy said:

well there is infinite possibilites tbh. If a 8C at 6GHZ have the same power consumption as 7 2700X than it would change the whole market. well i dont know everything that lisa su said, with that said 8C a mid range than double that is High range chip in my brain. Well we could just wait its around the corner.

you do know that @Turtle Rig is very hype for Zen 2

18 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

If you really think Ryzen is going to hit 6ghz on a High end 8 core chip you must be living in a fantasy. 
And Turtle has never said 8 cores is Max atleast not from my understanding, But why even continue discussing that matter when his dad doesnt want AMD. Would it be a better choice to wait for Zen 2? Yes definitely! But does it matter ? No. 
Turtle has already tried to explain it to his dad, so why try explain it to someone who already knows?. 

@Turtle Rig

Just follow the other guys advice ;) I know that type of Intel fan your dad is and theres simply just no discussing with them. 
Just make sure to get the correct cooling if you get the 9900k, that cpu runs hot :D

PC Specs

Ryzen 7 - 2700x - 4.2 Ghz 

MSI MPG X570s Carbon Max Wifi 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync TT Premium

G.Skillz Trident Z 3200mhz CL16

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Aorus Xtreme

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Corsair RM750x - 750W Gold

1 hour ago, Koxicain said:

If you really think Ryzen is going to hit 6ghz on a High end 8 core chip you must be living in a fantasy. 
And Turtle has never said 8 cores is Max atleast not from my understanding, But why even continue discussing that matter when his dad doesnt want AMD. Would it be a better choice to wait for Zen 2? Yes definitely! But does it matter ? No. 
Turtle has already tried to explain it to his dad, so why try explain it to someone who already knows?. 

@Turtle Rig

Just follow the other guys advice ;) I know that type of Intel fan your dad is and theres simply just no discussing with them. 
Just make sure to get the correct cooling if you get the 9900k, that cpu runs hot :D

Actually he said that since Zen 2 will only be 8 cores that it doesn't matter anymore and so a 9900k is therefore the best option.. 

Yeah I was telling my old man to wait 2 months for Zen 2.  But this is before I found out Zen 2 initially will be 8 core to compete against the 9900k. 

The way I interpret that is that turtle tried until he found out 8 cores is the max we'll see on Zen 2.. Once he thought that was truth there was no longer a reason to wait or to try and convince anyone to wait since the 9900k is already 8 cores.. 

And the 6ghz was sarcasm, obviously, if you followed the conversation.. If Lisa Su said the one they compared to the 9900k as CES was a mid range chip than it can only mean one of two things, right? that we WILL see more than 8 cores.. Or their going to have a CPU twice as fast in the high end.. Which one makes sense to you? More than 8 cores, clearly.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

2 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

This isn't true at all man. Please remove your head from your anus. I told you in another thread 8 cores on Zen 2 makes less sense than more cores. Go back and read Stefan Paynes reply as well.. 

You're just being naive at this point.. 

I want to apologize to Turtle for this comment. I meant no disrespect and was just kidding.. 

I have a crude sense of humor Turtle, but I sincerely apologize for not using a more sensible approach.. 

I hope you can forgive me /:

11 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

I want to apologize to Turtle for this comment. I meant no disrespect and was just kidding.. 

I have a crude sense of humor Turtle, but I sincerely apologize for not using a more sensible approach.. 

I hope you can forgive me /:

Thanks my friend.  All is good. :)