Professional Relationships

WhiteTigerArmy

Hello there I am new to the professional world and the IT world is there anyone that can help me to develop professional relationships in the future?

2 hours ago, WhiteTigerArmy said:

Hello there I am new to the professional world and the IT world is there anyone that can help me to develop professional relationships in the future?

What are you trying to accomplish?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It would like to be the individual who takes care of the cybersecurity and prevent attacks or be a part of IT support and help solve whatever problems occur and say that I did it. To work for a plant or corporation or maybe even a production company.

4 hours ago, WhiteTigerArmy said:

It would like to be the individual who takes care of the cybersecurity and prevent attacks or be a part of IT support and help solve whatever problems occur and say that I did it. To work for a plant or corporation or maybe even a production company.

What are your qualifications for said job?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

In what country?

Kiss up to your boss and maybe you will climb up the ladder. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

kinda true for every job ?

Like Radium said, what are your qualifications?

Certificates? Degrees?

Currently running with a MacBook Pro 14 2021, may build or pick up a gaming laptop again in the future. 

16 hours ago, wasab said:

Don’t screw the crew

On 5/6/2019 at 4:56 AM, WhiteTigerArmy said:

Be a team player. That's all I can say. Don't be confrontational unless you have definitive proof of something. Give credit where due. If you say you're going to do something, do it.

1 hour ago, floofer said:

Don’t screw the crew

Oh nononono. Screwing your boss is totally acceptable and so is screwing your subordinate.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Oh nononono. Screwing your boss is totally acceptable and so is screwing your subordinate.

It’ll get awkward one day. Have to go to work every day.

3 minutes ago, floofer said:

It’ll get awkward one day. Have to go to work every day.

Why? You never see married couples in the same work place before?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Why? You never see marry couples in the same work place before?

It wasn't allowed at my dads old work

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Why? You never see married couples in the same work place before?

Depends on the workplace. 

17 minutes ago, floofer said:

Depends on the workplace. 

I thought if you have intimate relationship and carnal knowledge of your coworkers, it helps boost team morale. 

Edited by wasab
Spelling

Sudo make me a sandwich 

28 minutes ago, wasab said:

I thought if you have intimate relationship and carnal knowledge of your coworkers, it helps boost team morale. 

Listen, I’ve seen The Office, I know Pam and Jim are such a good couple, but it made things super awkward for the warehouse worker who Pam had to dump, as well as Jim.

7 minutes ago, floofer said:

Listen, I’ve seen The Office, I know Pam and Jim are such a good couple, but it made things super awkward for the warehouse worker who Pam had to dump, as well as Jim.

I'm not just talking about offices. It is true everywhere. 

In ancient Roman army for example, soldiers screw each other to build camaraderie and morale. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

I'm not just talking about offices. It is true everywhere. 

In ancient Roman army for example, soldiers screw each other to build camaraderie and morale. 

Well that’s one way I guess.

Professional networking is so plastic, Trying to balance presenting as a confident assertive dependable person whilst trying to remain likable and leave a happy impression is pretty non-genuine.   I don;t do it any more.  I just point to my work history now and people decide for themselves.   Hell, someone employed me to produce a demo CD for them after I told them II was no good at hearing out of time playing or slightly untuned instruments.   It was because they have heard my work and liked it.  I guess they decided some parts of music production is a wank feast and they appreciated I wasn't scared to be myself.

Anyway, I hope some of this helps you get somewhere real good.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.