Programming newbie here, want to learn.

NARAKU_KAT

Hello guys, i'm very used to computers, i'm the best of the best in my job ('cause i'm the only one tech rat in here) i guess i've learned most of the usual stuff, but when dealing with a Little more complex things like virus infections, weird pc troubleshooting, and all that ridiculously hard to solve stuff i find out that if i knew a Little bit of advanced techniques i could have solved it very easiy; the last time i realized it, was when a virus hided (i hope that's  written correctly)

my USB files and replaced it with access icons, i ran Avast! on it and lost any Access to my data, few weeks after that a 16 years old came and entered some kind of codes and Voila! all my files had returned magicly.

so please recommend me some good programming programs and books, so i can understand how pc's work, and all of the techniscisms you use in the forum :P

Don't get mad, get even...

I don't think learning to program will teach you how a computer works, but programming can be fun (at times) Best way to learn the ins and outs of computers is experience, I work with computers all day after school, even right now I'm stress testing this computer. 

programming doesnt help you with this kind of stuff
he must just know the issue u were having 
there is no "fix my computer" type code u can enter for anything
im not saying anything to hurt ur feelings but i think he just knows more when it comes to fixing computers. he doesnt know any wizardry 

There is no programming or special coding involved when it comes to troubleshooting, it just comes down to personal experience with computers and knowledge between software and hardware. It's like being a doctor, you look for obvious symptoms and diagnose it to the best of your knowledge. After that you fix it when you've come to a conclusion, and then you test it to see if the problem reoccurs to know if you've successfully solved the problem.

It's why windows gives us stuff like Safemode to diagnose driver issues or conflicts between software and hardware. Viruses are different and usually tamper with the registry, some are easier to spot than others by opening task manager or MSConfig. Sometimes important windows files become corrupt due to a power outage or an incomplete windows update.

Blue Screen of Death is another way to get a vague response to what is causing your computer to crash by looking up the STOP Code.

You could also do all sorts of troubleshooting with CMD(Command Prompt) but I won't get into details. This is just the general stuff. To me it just sounds like that 16 year old knows a bit more about computers than you when you haven't grasped the concept of the problem. I only use windows OS as an example because it is commonly used but the concept is usually all the same when it comes to diagnosing computers.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

There is no programming or special coding involved when it comes to troubleshooting, it just comes down to personal experience with computers and knowledge between software and hardware. It's like being a doctor, you look for obvious symptoms and diagnose it to the best of your knowledge. After that you fix it when you've come to a conclusion, and then you test it to see if the problem reoccurs to know if you've successfully solved the problem.

It's why windows gives us stuff like Safemode to diagnose driver issues or conflicts between software and hardware. Viruses are different and usually tamper with the registry, some are easier to spot than others by opening task manager or MSConfig. Sometimes important windows files become corrupt due to a power outage or an incomplete windows update.

Blue Screen of Death is another way to get a vague response to what is causing your computer to crash by looking up the STOP Code.

You could also do all sorts of troubleshooting with CMD(Command Prompt) but I won't get into details. This is just the general stuff. To me it just sounds like that 16 year old knows a bit more about computers than you when you haven't grasped the concept of the problem. I only use windows OS as an example because it is commonly used but the concept is usually all the same when it comes to diagnosing computers.

That's right what i needed, now i know i have to learn about CMD, and kinda got an explanation of viruses and stuff.

Plenty of tutorials available for navigating command prompt. Most of it is fairly straightforward too: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spr05/cos126/cmd-prompt.html

Some commands (like javac, java) require having JDK installed, so won't work for everyone. Should be a good overview. 

My usual first step for diagnosing any problem is to go straight to Google and type in appropriate keywords. Find someone who's had a similar problem and look at suggestions others posted to fix said problem. Some of those methods may be applicable and may fix the problem I'm having. 

If you want to learn to program to understand how PC hardware works, books on C and Assembly language (x86) are excellent to understand the inner workings of a computer. They won't help you diagnose problems though, as others have already said. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Plenty of tutorials available for navigating command prompt. Most of it is fairly straightforward too: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spr05/cos126/cmd-prompt.html

Some commands (like javac, java) require having JDK installed, so won't work for everyone. Should be a good overview. 

My usual first step for diagnosing any problem is to go straight to Google and type in appropriate keywords. Find someone who's had a similar problem and look at suggestions others posted to fix said problem. Some of those methods may be applicable and may fix the problem I'm having. 

If you want to learn to program to understand how PC hardware works, books on C and Assembly language (x86) are excellent to understand the inner workings of a computer. They won't help you diagnose problems though, as others have already said. 

Thank you, i'm gonna give a look to all of that, i guess i just need to understand how things work to know how to proceed, i feel like stupid when something breakes down and i don't even know where to search the fail.