$700-800 for a secondary editing laptop

Looking for a laptop for editing videos while on the go. I have a desktop that does the job, I just need a second laptop while I am away from home. Going to be using Adobe Premiere for video editing. Doesn't need a 4k display or anything like that. Simple 1080p will work fine.

Do I need a gaming laptop for the GPU or should I just go for one with beefed up CPU and RAM? Thoughts on a specific model?

• Total budget and country of purchase: $700-800 preferably - USA

• Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Performance per $

• How important is weight and thinness to you? n/a

• Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

• Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15+

• Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Adobe Premiere

• If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? n/a

• Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good touchpad would be preferable.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

7 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

I would suggest the dell xps 13"

I'm a bit confused by this suggestion. Looking at this model it seems to be underpowered as I would have to go with the lowest spec model to stay in my price range. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

ok then, you could use your personal pc and connect via VM to your desktop PC.

What sort of footage will you be handling?? 1080p or 4K?? Will you add a lot other After Effects and otherstuff ir is it more simple editing?? Any battery life preferences?

26 minutes ago, Thomas_nerd said:

ok then, you could use your personal pc and connect via VM to your desktop PC.

He could do that but on the go he would need a good connection and a good one at home not to mention leaving the PC turned on permanently. I don't know how well it works for non-server applications so OP, please research well before you decide to do this

Dell G5 5587 with i7-8750H - low sRGB IPS

Lenovo Legion Y7000 81LD0009US

Clevo NH58RHQ - no reviews yet, probably low sRGB IPS

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128