Any camera to Raspberry

Dante Maine

Hi, Im trying to get a project for school. The idea is to get some security cameras, to connect with Raspberry via GSM. The problem I have, is that sometimes the camera that is for Raspberrry or webcam, doesnt meet the requirements my teacher set me. Im trying to find a way to connect any camera to the raspberry. is it póssibble even if it requieres a difficult series of connections

14 minutes ago, Dante Maine said:

Hi, Im trying to get a project for school. The idea is to get some security cameras, to connect with Raspberry via GSM. The problem I have, is that sometimes the camera that is for Raspberrry or webcam, doesnt meet the requirements my teacher set me. Im trying to find a way to connect any camera to the raspberry. is it póssibble even if it requieres a difficult series of connections

It obviously depends on the camera, there are literally billions of different cameras out there with all sorts of wacky outputs. If you have a camera that can output e.g. HDMI-signal, you'll need to buy a HDMI-capture device for the Pi to be able to use it. Also, what are these requirements that your teacher has set that preclude USB-cameras?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 hours ago, WereCatf said:

It obviously depends on the camera, there are literally billions of different cameras out there with all sorts of wacky outputs. If you have a camera that can output e.g. HDMI-signal, you'll need to buy a HDMI-capture device for the Pi to be able to use it. Also, what are these requirements that your teacher has set that preclude USB-cameras?

He asked me, to be a security project, to make it more challenging: that means, to be able to, for example: Attach it to my backpack, and walk around the Campus, and have a steady singal, for about %50 of the walk. Also, the reason why not only a Webcam, is to have it, to "sell the idea" to the campus, and sell it to the girls, idealy, around the campus, in case they are being stalked. With that in mind, I was being afraid, it will look like a security camera, from a bank, When its al blurry and only few pixels, for the face. And have a decent face video.  Edit: Also, to trying to make it as much as Wireless as possible. Meaning Having the Gadget inside the backpack, and in the "office" monitoring the footage

11 minutes ago, Dante Maine said:

Also, the reason why not only a Webcam, is to have it, to "sell the idea" to the campus, and sell it to the girls, idealy, around the campus, in case they are being stalked. With that in mind, I was being afraid, it will look like a security camera, from a bank, When its al blurry and only few pixels, for the face. And have a decent face video.

None of those reasons preclude using a webcam. You clearly have not perused all the different kinds of USB-cameras that can be bought and you only think of those that sit on top of one's desktop's display.

14 minutes ago, Dante Maine said:

When its al blurry and only few pixels, for the face. And have a decent face video.

GSM won't have enough bandwidth to stream live video anyways, you'll need at least 3G. Also, if you want good-quality picture, you're going to need to pay more for a better camera.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.