My Tempered Glass EXPLODED

Rhaemond

So like, what the fuck. 

My Tecware case was bought yesterday and as I was reattaching the glass the glass suddenly exploded. What can I do? Dammit this is a downer.

Pic:USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1556615278026.jpg_1556615282503.thumb.jpeg.78c245893736ad63cc47125c96bf357c.jpeg

Motherboard: MSI B450m Mortar Max

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wraith Prism

RAM: Klev Cras X 3200mhz 8gb x2

GPU:  Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB

PSU: Seasonic GX-750

Case: Inplay Robin 101 + 10 fans w/ hub and remote

Storage: Toshiba 1TB, Western Digital WD Green 1TB, Crucial BX500 480GB

Contact the manufacture and ask for a replacement? Thats all you can do.. worst case.. you have to buy a new TG pane. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Looks as if you hadn't even taken the plastic peel off yet.
Contact the manufacturer and see if they will ship you a new panel under warranty.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Contact the manufacture and ask for a replacement? Thats all you can do.. worst case.. you have to buy a new TG pane. 

Yea that's what I did hopefully they will 

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Looks as if you hadn't even taken the plastic peel off yet.
Contact the manufacturer and see if they will ship you a new panel under warranty.

The seller told me that there's not warranty but I call bullshit on that because I know my rights. Anyways, I'm going to bring it to the shop tomorrow hehe

2 hours ago, Rhaemond said:

The seller told me that there's not warranty but I call bullshit on that because I know my rights. Anyways, I'm going to bring it to the shop tomorrow hehe

Your rights? Your rights are a product that's free of defect. If the case arrived with a broken side panel, you are entitled to a replacement or a refund, though not for user error.

A piece of glass will not shatter unless there's some kind of stress put against it. Looking at your image, there's 1 corner that the plastic is all cringed up, which appears to be where the stress has occurred.

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Your rights? Your rights are a product that's free of defect. If the case arrived with a broken side panel, you are entitled to a replacement or a refund, though not for user error.

A piece of glass will not shatter unless there's some kind of stress put against it. Looking at your image, there's 1 corner that the plastic is all cringed up, which appears to be where the stress has occurred.

Here in the Philippines I'm entitled for a return or replacement or refund... Since it's a one day old product. No stress was applied, it suddenly exploded. 

Just now, Mr. horse said:

That's tempered glass for you. Next time get safety glass or even better, laminated safety glass.

Hmmm I don't think that's still here in my area in the Philippines... Actually, tempered cases are fairly new for us here even so I got on board the train... ?

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

A piece of glass will not shatter unless there's some kind of stress put against it.

Tempered glass is ALWAYS under stress. The tempering process puts it under that stress that makes it harder and thereby more resistant to scratches (which is why it's so great). But as a material gets harder, it also becomes more brittle and easier to shatter. Sometimes defects in the glass itself can leave certain parts of the glass worse off than other (usually the edges which are under the highest amounts of stress). 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 hours ago, Mr. horse said:

I do not think any one uses laminated safety glass in computer cases yet, but you could likely have something cut at a glass place.

I know I will never buy a PC case with a glass side windows unless if it laminated safety glass. The risk of busting it is too high.

another option is to get a piece of polycarbonate also know as lexan, but that can scuff.

I'll check on that. Thank you sir!

12 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Tempered glass is ALWAYS under stress. The tempering process puts it under that stress that makes it harder and thereby more resistant to scratches (which is why it's so great). But as a material gets harder, it also becomes more brittle and easier to shatter. Sometimes defects in the glass itself can leave certain parts of the glass worse off than other (usually the edges which are under the highest amounts of stress). 

Good to know. This is probably just some factory defect. Hopefully, they'll replace it.

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Tempered glass is ALWAYS under stress. The tempering process puts it under that stress that makes it harder and thereby more resistant to scratches (which is why it's so great). But as a material gets harder, it also becomes more brittle and easier to shatter.

Yes, that's true, but I don't see your point. 

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Sometimes defects in the glass itself can leave certain parts of the glass worse off than other (usually the edges which are under the highest amounts of stress). 

Yes, a defect can weaken the glass, but the glass will no shatter unless it's stressed more than usual. Maybe the OP knocked a corner of the glass on the case. Maybe the OP over tightened a screw. Maybe the OP accidentally dropped it.

6 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Yes, a defect can weaken the glass, but the glass will no shatter unless it's stressed more than usual. Maybe the OP knocked a corner of the glass on the case. Maybe the OP over tightened a screw. Maybe the OP accidentally dropped it.

I didn't. 

But the shop did replace the broken glass hehe which is good. 

10 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Yes, a defect can weaken the glass, but the glass will no shatter unless it's stressed more than usual. 

The simple act of griping it puts pressure on the glass. I'm assuming most of us press on the edges of the glass with our finger tips to remove the panel so we dont get our fingerprints on the glass surface (Remember when I said the edges are under the most stress?) if there's a defect near the edges of the glass, the combination can be enough too cause a fracture. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 4/30/2019 at 11:37 AM, Rhaemond said:

So like, what the fuck. 

My Tecware case was bought yesterday and as I was reattaching the glass the glass suddenly exploded. What can I do? Dammit this is a downer.

Yes, that's tempered Glass.

That's what Tempered Glass does.

As said, contact the manufacturer.

Either ask them for a new Tempered Glass thing or ask them if you can have a Metal side panel instead.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, that's tempered Glass.

That's what Tempered Glass does.

As said, contact the manufacturer.

Either ask them for a new Tempered Glass thing or ask them if you can have a Metal side panel instead.

They did replace it. Which is good.