Trouble booting into windows 10

Colbuh

Hello, so I’m having a weird issue that just started recurring after I reset the storage on my ssd. This runs Uefi bios and I have a military class motherboard. When I turn the computer on the monitor pops up with the windows logo then pops up with my motherboard branding then says, “press <Del> to run bios setup or <F11> to run boot menu. This loop keeps going on forever. I can access my bios no problem. I will also upload a picture too of these two weird bars that run vertically across my screen. Might help dive deeper into my problem

image.jpg

Full system specs, please. To where monitor is connected and have you tried changing cable/port?

What do you mean by "reset storage"? What drive is your OS installed on?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would recommend clearing the cmos and see if that helps, make sure whatever drive your os is on is set first in the boot order. A spec list would also be appreciated

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Full system specs, please. To where monitor is connected and have you tried changing cable/port?

My os is installed on my only form of storage which is my SSD, I haven’t tried changing the cable. And I believe that I listed all my specs apart from my cpu which I will figure out right now

Oh never mind, I guess I didn’t list the specs... one minute

MSI R9 390 8g (gpu)

AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5 ghz (cpu)

1x8gb stick ballistix 1600 mhz (ram)

Thermal take 750w smart series (psu)

Samsung 250gb (ssd) my only form of storage

2 hours ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

I would recommend clearing the cmos and see if that helps, make sure whatever drive your os is on is set first in the boot order. A spec list would also be appreciated

MSI R9 390 8g (gpu)

AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5 ghz (cpu)

1x8gb stick ballistix 1600 mhz (ram)

Thermal take 750w smart series (psu)

Samsung 250gb (ssd) my only form of storage

2 hours ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

Also,

A88XI AC V2 Military class motherboard

11 hours ago, Colbuh said:

My os is installed on my only form of storage which is my SSD, I haven’t tried changing the cable. And I believe that I listed all my specs apart from my cpu which I will figure out right now

What do you mean when you said you "reset storage"? Sounds like you have someway corrupted your Windows installation.

Weird lines on screen may be from bad connection between GPU and monitor.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What do you mean when you said you "reset storage"? Sounds like you have someway corrupted your Windows installation.

Weird lines on screen may be from bad connection between GPU and monitor.

I deleted everything off my SSD including files which is my only form of storage. I’m sorry if I’m not explaining it well I just do not know what you’re saying

7 minutes ago, Colbuh said:

I deleted everything off my SSD including files which is my only form of storage. I’m sorry if I’m not explaining it well I just do not know what you’re saying

How exactly did you reset the SSD? Did you delete windows files as well?

49 minutes ago, Colbuh said:

Well, there's your problem. Your Windows is either not there or corrupted. You need to format drive and install new Windows on it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, WhiteRabbite079 said:

How exactly did you reset the SSD? Did you delete windows files as well?

Well I reset it all through advanced settings and I reset all the files as well so I wiped the drive

14 hours ago, Colbuh said:

Well I reset it all through advanced settings and I reset all the files as well so I wiped the drive

Okay I would start by trying to get the lines out the screen. Have you tried making sure the connection from the display to the PC is fully plugged in on both sides? And also try moving the cable around and see if the lines move?

As far as windows not booting its probably corrupt. I would try to use your installation media, boot from that and use the system restore/reset and see if that works. If all else fails reinstall windows.