Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

best DAC/AMP for headphone

maybe name a budget range?

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe name a budget range?

edited under 80 dollar or 100 dollar

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sohail14 said:

edited under 80 dollar

schiit fulla comes to mind

 

but I'm not a audiophile, I'll add @valdyrgramr

 

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LukeSavenije said:

schiit fulla comes to mind

 

but I'm not a audiophile, I'll add @valdyrgramr

 

I'd suggest tagging @Max_Settings or @Dackzy more their thing.

Home AI/Game Development, and Music Editing Workstation:

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fx3sNP

 

Mobile Workstation:

Ryu Hayabusa:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/37bVz7

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

Buy second hand stereo amplifier. It gives you power you need.

or does my motherboard handle my cloud alpha 60 ohm headphone ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

 @Dackzy 

He has been MIA though

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

or does my motherboard handle my cloud alpha 60 ohm headphone ? 

If you like good quality sound, easy to control, amplifier is what you need. Volume control, bass, trebles etc. All in one hand touch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

If you like good quality sound, easy to control, amplifier is what you need. Volume control, bass, trebles etc. All in one hand touch.

there are so many dac/amp which one is best and different one is different sound quality ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

DAC/AMP, blah, blah.

 

As I said - I prefer something that gives you a little more than just headphone output.

 

Try these:

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-A-10K-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier-in-Black-Ex-Display-model/362633391962?epid=219435121&hash=item546ea26f5a:g:HCIAAOSwZ79cw1tC

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-AX-397-Amplificateur-Amplifire-Poweramp-Stereo-Hifi-Verstarker/153428311069?epid=61943552&hash=item23b90a3c1d:g:1FUAAOSwpLxcmPIa

 

Then you'll be able to connect not only headphones, but also good speakers later etc.

 

And multiple sources.

 

Of course you have no digital input in that price range, but RCA connection should give you good enough quality. In the future, if you have really bad motherboard, you can consider buying good sound card.

 

Most important factor in sound quality is your headphones/speakers quality, then soundcard and amplifier. But even bad amplifier with good speakers will be better than good amplifier and crappy headphones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

DAC/AMP, blah, blah.

 

As I said - I prefer something that gives you a little more than just headphone output.

 

Try these:

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-A-10K-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier-in-Black-Ex-Display-model/362633391962?epid=219435121&hash=item546ea26f5a:g:HCIAAOSwZ79cw1tC

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-AX-397-Amplificateur-Amplifire-Poweramp-Stereo-Hifi-Verstarker/153428311069?epid=61943552&hash=item23b90a3c1d:g:1FUAAOSwpLxcmPIa

 

Then you'll be able to connect not only headphones, but also good speakers later etc.

 

And multiple sources.

both are not in india . what price range is best for dac

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sohail14 said:

both are not in india . 

I am not familiar with India most popular websites for buying using stuff. I'm sure you can find some good used stereo amplifier in India.

 

https://www.olx.in/items/q-ax-397

 

I also found some Pioneer, Denon and Onkyo amplifiers there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I am not familiar with India most popular websites for buying using stuff. I'm sure you can find some good used stereo amplifier in India.

 

https://www.olx.in/items/q-ax-397

 

I also found some Pioneer, Denon and Onkyo amplifiers there.

what about this FiiO , creative blaster x dac/amp . i need only for headphone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sohail14 said:

what about this FiiO , creative blaster x dac/amp . i need only for headphone 

FiiO makes nice accessories (my friend used one as DAC between TV and amplifier).

 

Anyway - you must decide if you want advice or if you already choose something and want to confirm your choice by us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

FiiO makes nice accessories (my friend used one as DAC between TV and amplifier).

 

Anyway - you must decide if you want advice or if you already choose something and want to confirm your choice by us.

i search all but unfortunately in india there is no used product and Pioneer, Denon and Onkyo all are 300 to 500 dollar price and also i dont want dvd player , only for headphone . i found this Pioneer GM-A6704 Bridgeable 4 Channel Amplifier (Black) is that you mention ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

i search all but unfortunately in india there is no used product and Pioneer, Denon and Onkyo all are 300 to 500 dollar price and also i dont want dvd player , only for headphone . i found this Pioneer GM-A6704 Bridgeable 4 Channel Amplifier (Black) is that you mention ?

Not really, I was talking about integrated amplifiers.

 

You know... You may also buy just soundcard with amplifier - Audiotrak Prodigy Cube is nice. You'll have clear sound, analog volume control and very good quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sohail14 said:

edited under 80 dollar or 100 dollar

Fiio k3 

Feel free to send me a DM for further or general questions.

Lyrics I vibe with or just funny right now:

"This is food for thought, better take the whole plate

Don't lie, some of y'all thought food for thought meant taking these hoes on a date"-Injury Reserve

"Some of em just need to eat a whole thing of Crest"-MF DOOM

"Is it me bruh? (Is it me bruh?)
Am I a bruh? (Am I a bruh?)
Am I that bruh? (ouu)
Eating cactus (peyote)
I looked in the mirror (ya ya)
I like what i saw (that's a handsome boy)
Cuz I saw myself (hey)
And i was the bruh (the bruh)
I am not LeBron (LeBron)
But I am the bruh (the bruh)
I have seen the bruh (the bruh)
I have reached the bruh (the bro)
Why am I a thing? (ayy)
Why do things exist? (why)
All I am is bruh
Bruh is all there's left"-Hovey benjamin

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it doesn't get loud enough for you, you don't need an amp. 

 

if there's audible artifacting / pops / hissing, you need a new dac and maybe an amp (hissing could be a high noise floor) 

 

if you just want bass, most music programs come with EQ settings, or you can get a stereo amplifier as those generally have some tone control knobs. a used stereo amp from like.. early 90s can be had for as low as 20 bucks, at least that's what my amp cost me. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 3:56 AM, sohail14 said:

i have cloud alpha and msi z170a m5 motherboard need best dac/amp for best sound quality in best budget under 80 dollar

Yeah those headphones won't benefit from a dac amp. 

Feel free to send me a DM for further or general questions.

Lyrics I vibe with or just funny right now:

"This is food for thought, better take the whole plate

Don't lie, some of y'all thought food for thought meant taking these hoes on a date"-Injury Reserve

"Some of em just need to eat a whole thing of Crest"-MF DOOM

"Is it me bruh? (Is it me bruh?)
Am I a bruh? (Am I a bruh?)
Am I that bruh? (ouu)
Eating cactus (peyote)
I looked in the mirror (ya ya)
I like what i saw (that's a handsome boy)
Cuz I saw myself (hey)
And i was the bruh (the bruh)
I am not LeBron (LeBron)
But I am the bruh (the bruh)
I have seen the bruh (the bruh)
I have reached the bruh (the bro)
Why am I a thing? (ayy)
Why do things exist? (why)
All I am is bruh
Bruh is all there's left"-Hovey benjamin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×