which steering wheel under £300 for racing sims?

Kokomo

Hi

i am looking to get into racing sims and I was just wondering what are some good steering wheels under £300. I have never owned one before so don’t really know what to look for in a wheel.

any help is appreciated.

Current rig

NZXT S340 Elite

Kraken x62

Gigabyte Aorus WIFI Pro 

32gb 3000mhz corsair Vengeance RGB PRO  

I7 9700k

Rtx 2080 asus strix

1tb samsung evo ssd

1tb wd hdd

samsung 27” 1440p 144hz monitor

37 minutes ago, Kokomo said:

Hi

i am looking to get into racing sims and I was just wondering what are some good steering wheels under £300. I have never owned one before so don’t really know what to look for in a wheel.

any help is appreciated.

Cant go wrong witha G27/29 

Its a difficult answer.

If you are just wanting to just play games like forza, logitech g27/29/920 are your goto. If you are wanting to play more 'competitive better simulation' games like assetto corsa, f1 and such, I would really recommend getting a mid range thrustmaster like a TX/T300 with the t3pa pedals. With the nicer wheels dont be afraid to look at used ones because they are better build quality (less likely to brake)  and usually people take better care of them. 

If you are wanting to be even mildly competitive I would absolutely recommend getting a decent set of pedals like the t3pa or better even if it means getting a cheaper wheel because good braking = lots faster and less walls. 

But take everything with a grain of salt because there are people out there playing on ancient non ffb wheels who are in the top 5%. It just depends on how into it you want to be. 

Main Computer: Intel 9900k, Asus Maximus XI Formula, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3000MHZ C15, EVGA GTX1070 Hybrid, Corsair HX850i, Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic, 26TB

2: Xeon 2695 V3, Asus x99-A II, Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x8GB 2666 C15, Corsair RX750

3: Dell R510 8-Bay, dual x5675, 16GB ECC, 8x600GB 15k SAS

ive got a tmx pro. the one with the clutch peddle. planning on getting a shifter in the future but its around £180 for the shifter. got my wheel for £160.

Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 1070 Duel Asus OC Edition, 16gb ram, Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus

On 5/4/2019 at 1:48 PM, MEDDERX said:

Its a difficult answer.

If you are just wanting to just play games like forza, logitech g27/29/920 are your goto. If you are wanting to play more 'competitive better simulation' games like assetto corsa, f1 and such, I would really recommend getting a mid range thrustmaster like a TX/T300 with the t3pa pedals. With the nicer wheels dont be afraid to look at used ones because they are better build quality (less likely to brake)  and usually people take better care of them. 

If you are wanting to be even mildly competitive I would absolutely recommend getting a decent set of pedals like the t3pa or better even if it means getting a cheaper wheel because good braking = lots faster and less walls. 

But take everything with a grain of salt because there are people out there playing on ancient non ffb wheels who are in the top 5%. It just depends on how into it you want to be. 

Hi, i would be playing dirt rally forza and probably f1. Thanks for the help. Will look at those wheels.

Current rig

NZXT S340 Elite

Kraken x62

Gigabyte Aorus WIFI Pro 

32gb 3000mhz corsair Vengeance RGB PRO  

I7 9700k

Rtx 2080 asus strix

1tb samsung evo ssd

1tb wd hdd

samsung 27” 1440p 144hz monitor