Force India reveas their 2014 car: The VJM07

Samskip

Sahara Force India is the first to reveal their 2014 car:

bekoh3aceaas2f1.jpg

I have to say it looks really nice with that new black tint. Much nicer than their 2013 car.

And really hope that Force india can get into the top 5 teams this year with their powerfull driver lineup.

What do you guys think?

Source

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

Drivers mean bugger all in F1 now, it's all about what car your in and how well that performs

Granted they are the greatest road circuit drivers in the world and all of them are talented beyond belief. But put a lacking F1 driver in the seat of the best F1 car out there and he will be more than competitive. 

I sort of agree, the car performance is everything but the driver is also important.  Look at the difference betweer Vettel en Webber: same car but Vettel is faster. (which sould really stop, it's getting pretty boring when Vettel is winning everytime)

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

Drivers mean bugger all in F1 now, it's all about what car your in and how well that performs

Granted they are the greatest road circuit drivers in the world and all of them are talented beyond belief. But put a lacking F1 driver in the seat of the best F1 car out there and he will be more than competitive. 

I'll admit a great driver with a poor car won't do much, but you're blind if you think the driver doesn't matter.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The car doesn't look bad. Force India as a team, however, were never competitive and I don't think that will change in the coming season.

144Hz goodness

Car and driver are both important, giving a worse driver a better car doesnt somve the fact that hes a worse driver.

I think force india were competitive last year, not for first but I would never expect that. Thats why I like f1 there is racing accross the whole field not just at the front.

They've upgraded big time in drivers this year, but we'll have to see if they can develop a good chasis for high downforce tracks. The Merc engine should the best or at least extremely competitive. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

As far as performance goes, the first test day is a long ways away and with everyone moving to a new platform, it wouldn't be surprising to see an underdog unseat the Goliath that was RedBull Racing for the past few seasons. Force India's engineering showed promise in that their cars were quite competitive in some races, you know; when they weren't retiring or crashing into their competitors. Still, not as bad as Lotus; both teams showed promise but they just need drivers that can perform consistently. For those of you who don't know, Christian Horner (current boss of RBR) has strong belief that as much as half the field will drop out during the first round in Australia. I've read through the technical changes, and it's quite the challenge they've got this year. The new V6 and two-part KERS is quite a PITA to harmonize and make reliable.

I have a 2014 Formula 1 Preview thread in the works, so if anyone is interested in that, it should be up soon.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I'm desperately hoping for a Mercedes upset this year. It can definitely happen if Hamilton gets a car that's as reliable as it was last year but is more consistent on longer runs. We saw what he could do even though the chasis clearly didn't suit him. Watch him thrash that thing around while understeering badly in Hungary but still put it on pole and easily win. If that thing gets good front end grip, he will be brilliant. 

Anyway, anyone other than Vettel and Red Bull, please.

As far as performance goes, the first test day is a long ways away and with everyone moving to a new platform, it wouldn't be surprising to see an underdog unseat the Goliath that was RedBull Racing for the past few seasons. Force India's engineering showed promise in that their cars were quite competitive in some races, you know; when they weren't retiring or crashing into their competitors. Still, not as bad as Lotus; both teams showed promise but they just need drivers that can perform consistently. For those of you who don't know, Christian Horner (current boss of RBR) has strong belief that as much as half the field will drop out during the first round in Australia. I've read through the technical changes, and it's quite the challenge they've got this year. The new V6 and two-part KERS is quite a PITA to harmonize and make reliable.

I have a 2014 Formula 1 Preview thread in the works, so if anyone is interested in that, it should be up soon.

Id be interested, I watch all the races and qualifying and many of the practices, though I usually catch all of them at least a day late.

Id be interested, I watch all the races and qualifying and many of the practices, though I usually catch all of them at least a day late.

I follow the live timing and social media for quali and race, since I don't have cable access at my student apartment. I watch the race footage afterwards though. Planning to head to the Montreal round this year since there's a rumour going around that 2014 is the last year F1 will be in Canada, and I dont want to risk missing out.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I think formula 1 has been about about the car for a while now, many of the great drivers of history have had a fantastic team of engineers behind their success. Having a superior driver is obviously still important though because they are worth so much, formula 1 where every adjustment is run through a computer to examine the potential  performance increase. So If a team is willing to pay millions of £ a year for a driver there must still be value in driver skill. :) 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Yeah true, I'm not saying it's 100 percent skill. But a good car makes alot more difference in F1 these days than a good driver does.

Jensen Button for example, smashed up and won a championship, switched teams and his positions dropped pretty vastly.

But take a 1st year rookie and stick him in a red bull and there is a very small likelihood the get anywhere near winnign the championship. i think well be be able to see a bit of difference thus year because of vettel and ricardo on the same team. just compare drivers on the same team that have differing skill levels and the better driver is doing better on a regular basis. If I remember correctly isnt there a driver coming directly from GP3 this year? Also Massa is going to be with Williams so we might be able to see them accomplish something this year.

I like the livery. Much better than McLaren.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I think formula 1 has been about about the car for a while now, many of the great drivers of history have had a fantastic team of engineers behind their success. Having a superior driver is obviously still important though because they are worth so much, formula 1 where every adjustment is run through a computer to examine the potential  performance increase. So If a team is willing to pay millions of £ a year for a driver there must still be value in driver skill. :)

It's 100% car and 10% driver, 99.9999% of the time :D

Seriously though, a guy in the best car (Vettel) just needs to beat his teammate (Webber), which isn't that difficult since he has all of the team support and all of the political power. Quite frankly, Webber was an inconsistent journeyman driver who never really impressed regularly until he got into the Newey Red Bull. 

It's best to judge a driver's talent against his teammate, not necessarily against other drivers in different cars. 

But take a 1st year rookie and stick him in a red bull and there is a very small likelihood the get anywhere near winnign the championship. 

Hamilton nearly won the title in his rookie year, and he deserved to, beating Alonso and running in the points for the title until his gearbox failed. 

Magnussen is coming from Formula Renault 3.5. He must be bringing a lot of sponsorship money  ;)

It's 100% car and 10% driver, 99.9999% of the time :D

Seriously though, a guy in the best car (Vettel) just needs to beat his teammate (Webber), which isn't that difficult since he has all of the team support and all of the political power. 

It's best to judge a driver's talent against his teammate, not necessarily against other drivers in different cars. 

Np the only method for determining the speed of f1 drivers is the top gear test track :) 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Hamilton nearly won the title in his rookie year, and he deserved to, beating Alonso and running in the points for the title until his gearbox failed. 

Magnussen is coming from Formula Renault 3.5. He must be bringing a lot of sponsorship money  ;)

yes and he one of the best current drives. Do you see what he had in any of the current rookies?

wow so even lower damn, hes probably got a lot of money but even then they would still have to have some confidence in him.

Np the only method for determining the speed of f1 drivers is the top gear test track :)

Agreed, down with Vettle! and no im not saying that just because he wins all the time. I dont but I think if hamilton is give a decent car that is reliable he would have a great chance of winning.

I wish that TG would give these guys a really, really fast supercar like a Pagani though. Then we'll see the men from the boys!

Webber's time was really impressive given he's a bit heavier than Hamilton and was within a few tenths. 

I wish that TG would give these guys a really, really fast supercar like a Pagani though. Then we'll see the men from the boys!

Webber's time was really impressive given he's a bit heavier than Hamilton and was within a few tenths. 

the tg track is more of a joke though, I think it might be fun to see them race in a car that is in no way suited to racing like the one they use now and a more track orientated car :). Would love to see them going round in the Atom! 

For those who were interested, I'm still working on a 2014 F1 Preview for all the changes to rules, regulations, and team structures. That includes the cars, but as they all have staggered release schedules I won't be able to get the thread up until early next week (Jan 28 is the first day of testing in Jerez, Spain). Until then, here are the cars that have been released so far (all of them have phallus shaped nose units, which I think is funny). 

On a side note, the FIA has toyed with the idea of opening up a twelfth team position (bringing the total field to 24 cars) but has not released anymore information on it. Bernie has been quoted mocking the application from one of the American teams' applications (Stewart-Haas IIRC)  on the basis that money alone is not enough to get you into Formula 1, as this is not a question of who has the most resources.

Ferrari has announced the name of their F1 car for 2014 is the F14 T, as decided by fan vote (1.7% margin over the runner up, F166).

Force India VJM07

ku-xlarge.jpg

Lotus E22

n4i3xg.png

McLaren MP4-29

dfhldu.png

Williams FW36 (note: no official images yet, only an official render)

w7hpwg.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

the tg track is more of a joke though, I think it might be fun to see them race in a car that is in no way suited to racing like the one they use now and a more track orientated car :). Would love to see them going round in the Atom! 

That would be cool, I sure love those Atom's with the mighty supercharged Honda engine :)

For those who were interested, I'm still working on a 2014 F1 Preview for all the changes to rules, regulations, and team structures. That includes the cars, but as they all have staggered release schedules I won't be able to get the thread up until early next week (Jan 28 is the first day of testing in Jerez, Spain). Until then, here are the cars that have been released so far (all of them have phallus shaped nose units, which I think is funny). 

On a side note, the FIA has toyed with the idea of opening up a twelfth team position (bringing the total field to 24 cars) but has not released anymore information on it. Bernie has been quoted mocking the application from one of the American teams' applications (Stewart-Haas IIRC)  on the basis that money alone is not enough to get you into Formula 1, as this is not a question of who has the most resources.

Ferrari has announced the name of their F1 car for 2014 is the F14 T, as decided by fan vote (1.7% margin over the runner up, F166).

Those look pretty nice, especially the Williams though I'm probably a little biased since that wears my favourite colour :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I dont because a car like that forces them to pull the best out of the car and their line on the track, if you loose time you cant make it up so its actually quite a good test. I mean a slightly better car wouldnt but then they would have to wipe the slate clean. Also that kinda supposed to lighthearted.

Force India VJM07

*snip*

Lotus E22

*snip*

McLaren MP4-29

*snip*

Williams FW36 (note: no official images yet, only an official render)

*snip*

O yea Perez got booted out of mclaren who replaced him? To me it looks like some rookie.

And im glad the Lotus car looks the same as ive really like the look since I first saw it.

*snip*

Those look pretty nice, especially the Williams though I'm probably a little biased since that wears my favourite colour :)

I hope they have sponsors because I didnt think Masa was coming with that much money :P

Ferrari just unveiled their car...http://f14t.ferrari.com/en/#techspecs

Thoughts?

Its a F1 car whoo! From that there isnt much I can gather reallly...

Its a F1 car whoo! From that there isnt much I can gather reallly...

There isn't, other than the fact that Ferrari has an aero package ready to go for Round 1 in Australia (like every other team) and that they wont release any performance data until the Jerez testing begins next week (just like every other team). Their nose is significantly different from all the other ones we've seen, but it still looks like a phallus to me. (F14 T won the fan vote over F166 by 1.7% in case you're wondering where it came from)

Also for those who haven't noticed F14 T = FIAT = #conspiracy

Just kidding, it's actually Ferrari 2014 Turbo. 

Folding@Home | BOINC