Nvidia's Senior Marketing Manager Dies.

Phil Scholz, one of Nvidia’s senior marketing managers, was struck and killed Monday in a commuter train accident at a Caltrain station in Santa Clara, Calif. He was 36 years old.

The Santa Clara Coroner’s office confirmed to Game Front that Scholz was the victim killed in the accident, and according to a report from SF Gate, a second victim was also struck, and survived after being hospitalized for surgery. The accident took place at about 5:30 p.m. at the Santa Clara University-adjacent Santa Clara Caltrain station. The second victim, whose name has not yet been released, is expected to survive, the report states.

According to a report from MercuryNews, the train that struck Scholz was “…an express commuter that does not stop at the Santa Clara station and was traveling between 50 and 70 mph.”

The circumstances of the accident have yet to be officially confirmed, but Caltrain spokeswoman Jayme Ackemann said it’s “incredibly unusual” to see a train accident involving two victims, according to the Mercury news report.

Scholz began working for Nvidia in 2001 as part of the PC hardware maker’s university recruitment team. He then moved into a marketing manager position in 2002, and occupied several marketing positions, up through his most recent position – Senior North America Marketing Manager for Online Retail — which he started in January 2012.

Nvidia issued an official statement to Game Front regarding Scholz death:

“We learned the tragic news this morning and are still in shock. Phil was beloved by everyone here for his heart, his passion and his incredible strength of character. We are working to assist his family during this very difficult time.”

http://www.gamefront.com/breaking-nvidia-marketing-manager-phil-scholz-killed-in-train-accident/

:( Rest in peace...

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

he will be missed 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Andrew Reisse was his name, was a founding member of Oculus and similarly died at a young age in a tragic accident.

Yeh, was it you that reported that one as well?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

*OFF TOPIC: It's wierd having a 36 year old Senior Marketing Manager* 

There are people who say outlandish things, there are people who can't spell...then there are people who say outlandish things AND can't spell. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

There are people who say outlandish things, there are people who can't spell...then there are people who say outlandish things AND can't spell. 

They are people who should just shut up. GTFO. 

A train moving at 70 mph generates lethal levels of GeForce, how ironic that he died by what he was marketing.
On a more serious note , R.I.P Phil.

To search for ones identity in the sea of knowledge is to know their backbone.

They are people who should just shut up. GTFO. 

Oh come on now, don't give me more grammatical errors. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

R.I.P Damn what a loss.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Weeell, shit.

That's sad. Only 36. Reminds me of the oculus guy that died. :(

i was about to post that

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

RIP, sweet prince.

Just recently over here, a 14 year old girl was struck by a VTA train while heading to school. Crazy.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

This sucks, so many tech leaders are being taken away from us.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wow what a way to go getting hit by a train.

God rest his soul.

I know it is awful that this guy died, but let's also spare a thought for the driver of the train who is no doubt an emotional wreck right now (even though it wasn't his fault and could have done nothing to prevent the accident happening).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II