My other halfs first gaming rig

unhappyface

Hey, first time posting, long time viewer.

So to start with my other half is a very picky person everything has to match and it must go with everything else that it will be near by,

The theme ended up being white so we started looking for parts and heres what we ended up with.

SPECS 

Intel core i5-8600

MSI B360 gaming arctic 

Corsair RM750X 80+ gold

Corsair vengeance pro rgb 2666MHz 2X8Gb

Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 

Gigabyte RTX2070 gaming OC white 8G

Kingston 240GB SSD 

2T harddrive 

And 3 extra LL120 white corsair fans 

All in a corsair 275R but a acrylic side panel (she got scared of the glass breaking since we move around alot)

Also still waiting on some cablemod to come in with the combs 

I decided she should learn to put it together (i did the cpu and some cable management) she didnt need me to explain much only point out things on the manuals and she was done with in the hour connecting everything and booting it up.

She jumped for joy when i told her everything was working perfectly.

What do people think? Is there something we could have done better or can do better? Let me know what you think. 

20190414_181114.jpg

20190414_181127.jpg

20190411_175043.jpg

I just gotta say that when it comes to PCs, There no better color scheme than white (imo) and It looks amazing.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

That is an absolute beauty. I love white builds so much because you can see all the smallest details that would be hidden had those parts been black.

Are you guys Corsair fans? That's a lot of Corsair products you've used! ;)

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

15 minutes ago, unhappyface said:

What do people think? Is there something we could have done better or can do better?

Nice build! Not to sound rude, but I personally think that a black motherboard would've made your white fans, cables, and graphics card pop a bit more making your build look a bit better. But not to say that your build is ugly or anything (it's far from that).

Is this the first time you're building a custom PC?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

Are you guys Corsair fans?

Punz

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

7 minutes ago, seoz said:

That is an absolute beauty. I love white builds so much because you can see all the smallest details that would be hidden had those parts been black.

Are you guys Corsair fans? That's a lot of Corsair products you've used! ;)

She picked alot of corsair products because "i like the little sail boats" 

Just now, unhappyface said:

She picked alot of corsair products because "i like the little sail boats" 

Awww that is just adorable... I admittedly too picked a lot of Corsair products for my own PC - RAM, PSU, and fans - because I liked their logo too and they were well-known that I went with them!

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

7 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Nice build! Not to sound rude, but I personally think that a black motherboard would've made your white fans, cables, and graphics card pop a bit more making your build look a bit better. But not to say that your build is ugly or anything (it's far from that).

Is this the first time you're building a custom PC?

Ive build a fair few before including my own but Its the first time my other half has built one for her self, i only helpped with the cable management in the back and putting in the cpu since she was scared to break it.

putting in the cpu since she was scared to break it

Lol, that's always a nightmare for newbies.

i only helpped with the cable management in the back

I've built quite a few PCs in the past, and cable management is the hardest part IMHO. I still can't do it properly to this very day :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Very clean, well done

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

26 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Looks great. A heads up: check if you are affected by the recall on the H100i RGB Platinum SE. Wouldn't want the PC to get ruined by a leaky AiO. 

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/matthew-wilson/corsair-issues-recall-for-leaking-h100i-rgb-platinum-se-aio-coolers/

I checked before i paid for it thankfully its not one that got recalled but ill be keeping a eye on it just in case anyway.

Thank you.