Looking for a nice chair

BelgianNoise

I have decided that my next investment is going to be a nice confy chair.
I started of with some solid plastic IKEA chair which i didnt enjoy. At this moment i have some deskchair from IKEA, its pretty nice but the padding isnt that good. to be fair, it was only €40.

Ive seen lots of those epic chairs, like in the WAN show and Pewdiepie's chair (btw pls sub).
I dont know which one to get, I am willing to spend like €200-300, please share your pros and cons for your recommendations.(or should i say "chair your pros and cons")

I ve looked in to the pewdiepie chair, its $399 which is a lot. I am maybe willing to go over €300 but i really need some extras then.

Tnx in advance, i hope my question is clear and i gave enough info.

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

Go to an office supply store and try them yourself, find something with adequate back support 

Gaming chairs are a total gimmick 

You have a great budget already, get something good.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Agreed with @Slottr Don't get a gaming chair, as 90% of them are simply car chairs added to a base with some adjustment. Racing chairs aren't made for comfort, they're made to secure you in place so you don't jostle around with the G force experienced when racing. You don't game that hard.

Look at some Herman Miller (you should be able to find sites offering open box models, or selling off unused stock from companies) and other ergonomic options.

There's a reason you see so many of these gaming chair companies popping up. The margins are huge, and they don't need to do much of any R&D or design. So get something worth a little more, and actually help your body.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Go on your local classifieds and just look for chairs.There's always some office selling insanely nice chairs

My life

I'd sometime like to get a better chair myself, I've just for now given up trying to find one.  I don't like how the office chairs I've seen don't fully recline like the gaming chairs do, and their backs don't come all the way up to end in a headrest.  I really don't like how gaming chairs are made like race car seats, and the armrest is attached in the middle of the cushion on the side rather than swinging up from the back, so I can't sit sideways in one of those chairs. (I do sit that way sometimes.)

I currently use a folding chair that is possibly older than I am (I pre-date the original IBM PC by a few months) and if it was new today would probably cost like $5 or maybe $10.  I'd like my next chair to be well built enough so that even with how abusive I am (I broke a ~$150 office chair in < ~3-5 years), it would last as long relative to its price as how long my folding chair has lasted.

I have a racing chair, so I'll give you some advice. I hate calling it a 'gaming' chair because that honestly sounds cringy.

I personally like the feel of racing chairs, since I love cars myself, such as the Nissan GTR-R35, Audi R8, BMW M5 etc, so only go for a racing chair if you're in it for the long game, getting one just because it looks cool is a bad move, especially since you're willing to spend that much money just for looks.

I'd recommend you go for a simple ergonomic and supported chair instead of going for a racing chair.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Pew die pie Chair. 

Sells itself no? 

Nice Italian leather, pro gamer, super adjustable, it can even do this! 

|_

to

____

only 399! (Also the other chairs on the site are more expensive) 

18 minutes ago, fpo said:

Pew die pie Chair. 

Sells itself no? 

Nice Italian leather, pro gamer, super adjustable, it can even do this! 

|_

to

____

only 399! (Also the other chairs on the site are more expensive) 

gets tempting tho

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

Just now, BelgianNoise said:

gets tempting tho

I was too & now I remember it & have more money...

5 hours ago, BelgianNoise said:

I am willing to spend like €200-300

You'd be overpaying investing that amount of money into a chair. I recently just bought this chair and have zero regrets... $59.99 Office/Gaming Chair.

The only con I can think of is that it didn't come with washers to put under the screws holding everything in place but you can always just use your own. It could also be just a little taller but I don't take off any stars off for that because I didn't expect it to be taller. Other than that, it's a basic gaming chair that is exactly what I expected it to be. For lumbar support, I just fold up a couch pillow which suffices very well. It also tilts backwards enough to stretch out my legs onto my desk and kind of lean back into it. I put another small pillow at the top to support my neck. I have zero regrets and highly recommend it. If you want to spend a little more, I recommend basically finding the same type of chair but just a little taller to support leaning back into it even more.

If you must go with a so called gaming chair that looks the part, I recommend something like these...

Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair $105

Homall Gaming Chair $98.88

Furmax Gaming Chair $139.99

Really no reason to spend more than $100-$150 for a gaming chair. I hear the most comfortable chairs are actually the ergonomic ones that don't even look comfortable. I think I remember them having those mesh backings to them.