Cloned boot drive not booting

Go to solution Solved by keskparane,

I don't know but...

Have you accessed the cloned drive in windows? IIRC when you first try to you have to tell windows to initialize the newly coned drive.

If you still have trouble why not try Samsung Data Migration Software. I used it when I cloned and the process was easy.

Hi,

I've been recently running low on space on my boot C:\ SSD so I decided to buy a new one. I bought a 1TB SSD from Samsung and cloned the original boot drive onto it using Macrium Reflect.

So I restarted the PC, went to BIOS, and manually booted from the new SSD which worked. (But the new drive was still labeled as E:\, and the original drive was still C:\)

So I turned off the PC, removed the original SSD and tried to boot but an error occured: 0xc0000e

Does anyone know how to fix this?

(I can still boot from the original SSD if I plug it in)

Original SSD: Intel SSD 535 Series 120Gb

New SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I don't know but...

Have you accessed the cloned drive in windows? IIRC when you first try to you have to tell windows to initialize the newly coned drive.

If you still have trouble why not try Samsung Data Migration Software. I used it when I cloned and the process was easy.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

I use to have this problem. I do a lot of cloning so I think I know whats going on. There are certain system & Temp files that do not clone very well while the system is active. My solution if you have a laptop or another PC clone you drives using another device with a HDD enclosure. I'm 99% sure that should solve it. Try:

1. Turning off your PC

2. If you have 2 external enclosures then clone the SSDs directly

- If you have 1 enclosure create an image and then restore it to the new one

- If you have none then I suggest you get one.

3. Put the new SSD in you PC and it should boot.

Good luck!

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^

31 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I don't know but...

I did initialize previously so that wasnt the problem, however the Samsung data Migration Software worked. I'm now booted from the new drive while my old drive is unplugged.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, phoon said:

I use to have this problem. I do a lot of cloning so I think I know whats going on. There are certain system & Temp files that do not clone very well while the system is active. My solution if you have a laptop or another PC clone you drives using another device with a HDD enclosure. I'm 99% sure that should solve it. Try:

1. Turning off your PC

2. If you have 2 external enclosures then clone the SSDs directly

- If you have 1 enclosure create an image and then restore it to the new one

- If you have none then I suggest you get one.

3. Put the new SSD in you PC and it should boot.

Good luck!

I solved it already by using the Samsung Data Migration Sorfware instead of Macrium Reflect, but thanks anyway!