Is there gender inequality in IT or cyber security?

TheoryInPractice
1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

Right, where are the feminists clamoring over the under-representation of women in the trash collection or septic tank servicing industries? Oh yeah, they don't WANT those jobs so the "inequality" isn't an issue anymore...I've always found it interesting how you only hear complaints about inequality when it comes to jobs that have a high average salary. Honestly, it says a lot about the people who are campaigning for shit like this, it just shows that in the end it isn't actually about equality.

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

Feminists aren't lobbying for military conscription either even though it excludes female in most western countries. 

Genuinely curious how it's possible to believe stuff like this.

This reeks of "I've never listened to a feminist, but I do watch a lot of Infowars so I'm pretty sure I know what they're about."

My (first) build: i7 4790k | Noctua NH-U14S + NF-A15 | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 2133MHz CL9 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Seagate 2TB SSHD | 2x MSI R9 270X TwinFrozr crossfire | Seasonic G Series 750W 80+ Gold | Asus VX238H 23" | GAMDIAS HERMES | Logitech G602 | Steelseries QcK | Windows 8.1

11 minutes ago, kingkickolas said:

Uhh because when was the last time you heard of a feminist rally over the gender disparity in the professions of boilermakers, stone masons, trash collectors, or other 99% male professions? Based on my own experience I've only ever seen them complain about the disparity in job sectors like business, technology, and other high paying professions. Like, I get it, people like money but last I checked equality didn't only apply to large salaries.

19 minutes ago, kingkickolas said:

This reeks of "I've never listened to a feminist, but I do watch a lot of Infowars so I'm pretty sure I know what they're about."

Wow, way to go straight to the leftist whipping boy there xD and to answer you question I don't watch that nutter. Great attempt at a straw-man argument though!

Also I have listened to feminists and what they say is never about equality in professions that are considered "dirty" or that have to do with positions heavily involving manual labor. I'm 100% certain there are women in those positions and props to them for doing what they want to do, the reality is that most women don't WANT to do those kinds of jobs however.

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Wow, way to go straight to the leftist whipping boy there xD and to answer you question I don't watch that nutter. Great attempt at a straw-man argument though!

Also I have listened to feminists and what they say is never about equality in professions that are considered "dirty" or that have to do with positions heavily involving manual labor. I'm 100% certain there are women in those positions and props to them for doing what they want to do, the reality is that most women don't WANT to do those kinds of jobs however.

To be fair, few guys grow up saying "I want to work in waste management!" either.  Women want equality in jobs in general, but like anyone they're most interested in levelling the playing field for the most desirable jobs.

38 minutes ago, kingkickolas said:

Why dont you ask a so-called feminist if they support compulsory military service for women? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Uhh because when was the last time you heard of a feminist rally over the gender disparity in the professions of boilermakers, stone masons, trash collectors, or other 99% male professions? Based on my own experience I've only ever seen them complain about the disparity in job sectors like business, technology, and other high paying professions. Like, I get it, people like money but last I checked equality didn't only apply to large salaries.

To directly address your uhh "point", there are a few reasons for this. First, women tend to be better educated than men, so there are fewer women in these fields. Second, these are typically low income jobs, and women in low income households are typically relegated to "housewife" and "raising the children", since the families can't afford childcare. Third, these industries tend to not hire women in the first place because they are "weaker than men". Fourth, women are more highly represented in other low-wage work like food prep and house cleaning.

Still curious how you got to think something so blatantly wrong like this... Like which alt-right network was it?

My (first) build: i7 4790k | Noctua NH-U14S + NF-A15 | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 2133MHz CL9 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Seagate 2TB SSHD | 2x MSI R9 270X TwinFrozr crossfire | Seasonic G Series 750W 80+ Gold | Asus VX238H 23" | GAMDIAS HERMES | Logitech G602 | Steelseries QcK | Windows 8.1

9 minutes ago, kingkickolas said:

To directly address your uhh "point", there are a few reasons for this. First, women tend to be better educated than men, so there are fewer women in these fields.

In IT? heck no. They are equally educated but far fewer in numbers. 

these are typically low income jobs, and women in low income households are typically relegated to "housewife" and "raising the children", since the families can't afford childcare.

We cant help the fact that human biology/evolution dictates that females carry the burden of pregnancy and breastfeeding them so we cant help the fact that females are biologically inclined to raise children while males are biologically inclined to go out and forage food(bread earner) back to the pregnant women/new born child. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Why dont you ask a so-called feminist if they support compulsory military service for women? 

Uhhh I don't support compulsory military service for anyone. Feminists generally want to see no compulsory military service at all, especially for men. If you wanna join the military, go for it. Speaking of equal rights in the military, feminists tend to be more concerned about trans inclusion in the military too. Not to mention male-female and even male-male sexual harassment in the military. It's typically just feminists/leftists talking about these things.

Genuinely don't see how this question was supposed to help you... But you asked it I guess.

Just now, wasab said:

In IT? heck no. They are equally educated but far fewer in numbers. 

We cant help the fact that human biology/evolution dictates that females carry the burden of carrying the pregnancy and breastfeeding them so we cant help the fact that females are biologically inclined to raise children while males are biologically inclined to go out and forage food(bread earner) back the pregnant women/new born child. 

Yikes, maybe try reading the post I was responding to before commenting. You know... "context" and all.

Also big yikes on your (false) hyper-trad assertion there, Brad. Also being able to carry a child has no bearing on being able to raise a child... But I love it when men point out how unbelievably inept they are. Like I can just see you going up to a PC repair guy and saying "Well ya know ma boi, this PC here didn't come outta me so I really dunno how to fix it, please help, I am otherwise very smart." Lmao

Just now, kingkickolas said:

Yikes, maybe try reading the post I was responding to before commenting. You know... "context" and all.

Also big yikes on your (false) hyper-trad assertion there, Brad. Also being able to carry a child has no bearing on being able to raise a child... But I love it when men point out how unbelievably inept they are. Like I can just see you going up to a PC repair guy and saying "Well ya know ma boi, this PC here didn't come outta me so I really dunno how to fix it, please help, I am otherwise very smart." Lmao

I am saying women raise children because of natural instincts, not because of any form of discrimination or gender expectations. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Uhhh I don't support compulsory military service for anyone. Feminists generally want to see no compulsory military service at all, especially for men. If you wanna join the military, go for it. Speaking of equal rights in the military, feminists tend to be more concerned about trans inclusion in the military too. Not to mention male-female and even male-male sexual harassment in the military. It's typically just feminists/leftists talking about these things.

Genuinely don't see how this question was supposed to help you... But you asked it I guess.

Why we have miliary conscription for men then? why why why? 

if modern day nazis come invading your doorsteps and genociding your people while everyone are too busy fleeing and saving their own lives rather than stand and defend their homes, would you support conscription? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

I am saying women raise children because of natural instincts, not because of any form of discrimination or gender expectations. 

If what you are saying that men are worse at raising children because they are too dumb to figure out where the food and the diaper goes, then lol and also yes you are correct.

I love having "natural instincts" for making electrons go in wires but as a consequence, I accidentally throw my babies in the ocean sometimes rofl

2 minutes ago, kingkickolas said:

If what you are saying that men are worse at raising children because they are too dumb to figure out where the food and the diaper goes, then lol and also yes you are correct.

I love having "natural instincts" for making electrons go in wires but as a consequence, I accidentally throw my babies in the ocean sometimes rofl

I am saying they cant because they got a job(go out and hunt for food) and women has to sit back and raise the children because they are pregnant(how they gonna hunt with big belly?).

Does that make sense to you? this ancient arrangement from the human evolutionary history continues itself to modern times. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

11 minutes ago, wasab said:

Why we have miliary conscription for men then? why why why? 

if modern day nazis come invading your doorsteps and genociding your people while everyone are too busy fleeing and saving their own lives rather than stand and defend their homes, would you support conscription? 

Look I feel ya bud, I grew up in the States, but my family's from Europe where there's mandatory conscription for men. My dad did it, his brother did it, my cousins still do it. I'm guessing you are/will probably have to do it too, from what you're saying. Maybe join the feminists in opposing it though lol.

Lol first of all, we do have modern day nazis doing that. And no, conscription wouldn't help that.

7 minutes ago, wasab said:

I am saying they cant because they got a job(go out and hunt for food) and women has to sit back and raise the children because they are pregnant(how they gonna hunt with big belly?).

Does that make sense to you? this ancient arrangement from the human evolutionary history continues itself to modern times. 

This is some galaxy brain logic here. When was the last time you went out and like killed a pig? Lol. Also many places have paternity leave as well as maternity leave. Unsurprisingly, it's mostly feminists and leftists trying to get paternity leave for men too in places that don't have it.

e/

Tbh, it kinda sounds like you like feminist/leftist ideas, but you just don't like women lol. Maybe you outta work on that?

Edited by kingkickolas

1 minute ago, kingkickolas said:

snip

Yeah? Can a man breastfeed a baby? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Yeah? Can a man breastfeed a baby? 

Lmao forcing women to do particular tasks without career advancement or personal and financial independence because I can't figure out how bottles work.

And y'all are saying I'm the one trolling. ? Come on guys, you've had a good enough go now.

4 minutes ago, kingkickolas said:

Lmao forcing women to do particular tasks without career advancement or personal and financial independence because I can't figure out how bottles work.

And y'all are saying I'm the one trolling. ? Come on guys, you've had a good enough go now.

Bottle is unnatural and without love.

Your child deserves better.

Sudo make me a sandwich