Xbox One S questions

Donut417

I’m looking at picking up an Xbox One S, a 43” Tcl 4K and 2.1 vizio  soundbar. I was wondering how headsets are handled on the Xbox? Could I use my sennheiser h4.40 and an external mic? I don’t want to spend money on another headset right now.

what other accessories do you recommend?

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

You can use USB mics on the one, though I'm not sure of the universal compatibility (can't imagine it would vary much)

Though I don't think you can use wireless headphones 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

17 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You can use USB mics on the one, though I'm not sure of the universal compatibility (can't imagine it would vary much)

Though I don't think you can use wireless headphones 

The h.40 has a 3.5mm cable. But the mic won’t work thru that. To my understanding the headset connects to the controller via a 4 pole 3.5 mm jack?i was wondering if I could use a 4 pole to headphone and mic jack cable?

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The h.40 has a 3.5mm cable. But the mic won’t work thru that. To my understanding the headset connects to the controller via a 4 pole 3.5 mm jack?i was wondering if I could use a 4 pole to headphone and mic jack cable?

Ah gotcha.

Yeah I don't see why that wouldn't work, I can plug my cloud 2's into my xbox controller and it accepts both the audio and microphone.

I'll test it when I get a chance to and update

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset - In short: there's adapters for everything and you should be fine. CTIA is the magic word.

Remember to register your products with Microsoft, their support is usually very helpful and easy. Look up game sharing if you're not yet familiar with it. With a 4K TV, spending the extra for One X would be well worth eating noodles for the next two months (or dropping the soundbar for now).

Accessories... external HDD? The internal drive will be fine if you just have specific games you're looking to play, but if you go for Game Pass or can get someone to game share with you, it'll fill very fast.

On the actual topic of the thread, as mentioned, a good external HDD will serve you well if you planning to have mulitple games installed.  Works great for local storage of movies and music too.  Personally, I have no experience with headsets with the Xbox One S, but there probably adaptors out there to get your headset to work with the console.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

7 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

It sounds like one of these should work:

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Separate-Headphone-Connector-Convertors/dp/B071GCV97P

If you're looking to play a few games and enjoy some 4k media, the Xbox One is just fine.  

I have a good gaming PC, ps4, switch etc... and even 2 Xbox One consoles, no regrets at all getting those.

What I think im going to do is maybe buy the TV and soundbar first then buy a console later. This way I dont have it all coming out of the account at once. Ill get with my MS Fanboy friend and see what he says as far as S vs X and what he is hearing about the next gen consoles. Because it seems like a good TV and decent soundbar is going to push me over the budget if I get the Xbox now. Because I also need to buy a VESA mount for the soundbar so I can mount it above the TV. Just based on where Im going to put the TV. I might also need to buy a Vesa TV stand, because the little table Im putting the TV on is about the same height of my bed, Ill effectively have the TV right at the foot of my bed. I also will need 3 to 4 HDMI ports, So I have to find a TV with that. Ive heard that Im going to want HDR.