New system not starting ( Urgent )

VegitoSama

Specs :

AMD Ryzen 3 1200

Motherboard : MSI 7A36-005R A32M

RAM : 8 GB DDR4

PSU : A local one that I bought from a shop

Storage : 480 GB Kingston SSD

Here's the issue : After assembling everything, I realized that the MB had a 8 pin slot for CPU power, but my PSU only had a 4 pin. I found on several forums that the system should work just fine because of low power draw by the processor.

But when I try to turn on the system, it doesn't post! The motherboard has little led lights to indicate error. The light that turns on has "VGA" written besides it.

The CPU fan is running, the keyboard's light resopnds to NUM LOCK & CAPS LOCK, the mouse is on, but my monitor doesn't detect any input! 

I talked to a local shop about the issue, he said that I needed a new PSU that has a 8 pin connector.

Also, my monitor is working as well as my VGA cable.

What GPU do you have? Ryzen 1200 doesn't have an iGPU in it so you need a dedicated GPU to get output.

Edit:

To further clarify, the motherboard does have output but that's meant for the 2200G and 2400G CPUs which do have an integrated GPU (and would require a BIOS update)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

What GPU do you have? Ryzen 1200 doesn't have an iGPU in it so you need a dedicated GPU to get output.

Agree, sounds like a GPU issue..

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Edit:

To further clarify, the motherboard does have output but that's meant for the 2200G and 2400G CPUs which do have an integrated GPU (and would require a BIOS update)

Wait, so, to get an output, I need a damn GPU? WTF! No one mentioned that! To get output without a GPU , I need a bios update?

2 minutes ago, VegitoSama said:

Wait, so, to get an output, I need a damn GPU? WTF! No one mentioned that! To get output without a GPU , I need a bios update?

You need a dedicated GPU with Ryzen 1000 series CPUs OR you need a Ryzen 2200G or 2400G and a supported board or BIOS update. Just a BIOS update with the Ryzen 1200 won't give you video output.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

PSU : A local one that I bought from a shop
After assembling everything, I realized that the MB had a 8 pin slot for CPU power, but my PSU only had a 4 pin.

If your PSU only has a 4pin CPU connector it's most definitely crap. Take it back to the store you bought it from.
Out of curiosity, what's the model of the PSU? Or can you take a photo of the label on the side of the PSU?

3 minutes ago, VegitoSama said:

But when I try to turn on the system, it doesn't post! The motherboard has little led lights to indicate error. The light that turns on has "VGA" written besides it.
The CPU fan is running, the keyboard's light resopnds to NUM LOCK & CAPS LOCK, the mouse is on, but my monitor doesn't detect any input! 

VGA = Graphics card
What @Lurick said. You need a graphics card. The display outputs on the monitor are completely useless with the Ryzen 1200 CPU. If you don't have a dedicated graphics card, then return the Ryzen 1200 and replace it with a Ryzen 2200G.

1 minute ago, VegitoSama said:

To get output without a GPU , I need a bios update?

You would need a new CPU. Namely either the 2200G or 2400G which have built in GPUs in the CPU. Since your AB320M motherboard was released before the 2200G/2400G CPUs, you may require a BIOS update in order for the newer CPUs to work in that motherboard.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, VegitoSama said:

You need to buy a 200GE, 2200G or 2400G and hope that the BIOS is updated. Or buy a cheap asf GPU (like a GT 710).

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

So guys, what would be the cheapest GPU that I could buy to get an output?

So guys, what would be the cheapest GPU that I could buy to get an output?

New? GT 210 or 710. Absolutely terrible GPUs like the 210 and 710 slow down your user experience quite a bit, so don't blame it on the CPU.

For a GPU that's better than that, I'd advise just returning the 1200 and getting a 2200G or 2400G instead.

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

New? GT 210 or 710. Absolutely terrible GPUs like the 210 and 710 slow down your user experience quite a bit, so don't blame it on the CPU.

For a GPU that's better than that, I'd advise just returning the 1200 and getting a 2200G or 2400G instead.

In addition I would try to get a new motherboard as well and return the current one(if possible). Get the cheapest B450 motherboard you can.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

In addition I would try to get a new motherboard as well and return the current one(if possible). Get the cheapest B450 motherboard you can.

No, a320 is fine for a 2200g since you can still bios flashback it

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

No, a320 is fine for a 2200g since you can still bios flashback it

But MSI doesn't have BIOS flashback on A320 boards that I know of?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

But MSI doesn't have BIOS flashback on A320 boards that I know of?

Yup, it doesn't. Still it probably has a ryzen 2000 sticker on it as he bought it online

If not and it doesn't work, he can take it to a shop.

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Yup, it doesn't. Still it probably has a ryzen 2000 sticker on it as he bought it online

If not and it doesn't work, he can take it to a shop.

Yah, I guess I should have added that part, completely forgot about the sticker :)

OP, if you have a "Ryzen 2000 ready" sticker on the board, keep it and get a 2200G or 2400G. Otherwise return the CPU and board and get a 2200G and B450 board.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yah, I guess I should have added that part, completely forgot about the sticker :)

OP, if you have a "Ryzen 2000 ready" sticker on the board, keep it and get a 2200G or 2400G. Otherwise return the CPU and board and get a 2200G and B450 board.

Yeah, I do have a "Ryzen 2000 ready" sticker on the box. So I guess I will get a 2200G afterall.

Guys, what if I get the "Athlon 200ge" ? It has integrated graphics.

8 minutes ago, VegitoSama said:

Guys, what if I get the "Athlon 200ge" ? It has integrated graphics.

It has integrated graphics which will be good for word processing and no gaming and is about 50% slower than the 2200G which will also allow you to play at 720p or 1080p medium/low settings.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It has integrated graphics which will be good for word processing and no gaming and is about 50% slower than the 2200G which will also allow you to play at 720p or 1080p medium/low settings.

Okay, I will get a 2200g