Available Mods side or bottom bar?

BrinkGG

Every once in a while it would be useful to tag a mod. 

Moving threads, locking the endless "ethical" hacking threads and Hackintosh threads that get posted all the time, etc. 

I know there used to be a "online users" bank at the bottom of the home page, but it seems that it is no longer there.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

If you report a post, the moderators will be able to deal with the post accordingly, if you tag 1 mod, chances are this particular person won't be able to get at it for a couple hours, while if you just reported it, any mod could help.

But if you want a mod list, you can use the member search function;

https://linustechtips.com/main/search/

Just press member search, uncheck all but moderators and administrators and search. Boom, the entire staff team.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Every once in a while it would be useful to tag a mod. 

Moving threads, locking the endless "ethical" hacking threads and Hackintosh threads that get posted all the time, etc. 

I know there used to be a "online users" bank at the bottom of the home page, but it seems that it is no longer there.

Using the report function is the best way to do this, as @Minibois mentions it allows any mods to action the item instead of just the one that you tag. Also, please note that Hackintosh discussions are allowed, so long as they don't crossover into piracy discussions.

On 8/27/2018 at 2:44 PM, Whiskers said:

Any discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed, including the discussion of hacking or cracking.

• Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
  • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

13 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Using the report function is the best way to do this, as @Minibois mentions it allows any mods to action the item instead of just the one that you tag. Also, please note that Hackintosh discussions are allowed, so long as they don't crossover into piracy discussions.

Didn't realize they had changed their stance on Hackintosh. Good to know.

The report function is great for getting threads locked, but for moving threads wouldn't tagging a mod be the easier Solution? Might just be me that thinks this. :)

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 minute ago, Brink2Three said:

The report function is great for getting threads locked, but for moving threads wouldn't tagging a mod be the easier Solution? Might just be me that thinks this. :)

Why would tagging a mod be better? There's actually even auto-mod selection for threads to be moved. Reporting is still fastest as all mods will see it. Not just one you can see is shown to be online. As many of them will also browse hidden to prevent users from tagging them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, Brink2Three said:

Yup, it's a great policy change, since it'd be a bit hypocritical to disallow Hackintosh discussions considering LTT has done a couple videos on it themselves.

No, using the report function is exactly the right option for getting a thread moved, as seen where it says "Posted in the wrong subforum" in the screenshot.

image.png.0fdffe0ce92eadf453c56e6db86d6e19.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

No, using the report function is exactly the right option for getting a thread moved, as seen where it says "Posted in the wrong subforum" in the screenshot.

-image-

I didn't realize this was an option in the report tab. Thanks for the heads up. :D

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

13 hours ago, Minibois said:

But if you want a mod list, you can use the member search function;

https://linustechtips.com/main/search/

Just press member search, uncheck all but moderators and administrators and search. Boom, the entire staff team.

This should be a better way of finding the list of all moderators: https://linustechtips.com/main/staff/

But as others mentioned, the best way to reach mods is to simply report the content.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 hour ago, Morgan MLGman said:

This should be a better way of finding the list of all moderators: https://linustechtips.com/main/staff/

But as others mentioned, the best way to reach mods is to simply report the content.

What if someone wants to just quickly PM a mod and it doesn't matter which mod is PMed?

Half the time you don't know whether a mod is online or not because they Login anonymously which is deceptive and misleading.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

What if someone wants to just quickly PM a mod and it doesn't matter which mod is PMed?

Half the time you don't know whether a mod is online or not because they Login anonymously which is deceptive and misleading.

Anonymous login in my eyes is an option used to hide the fact that a person's profile was viewed by a moderator, because thanks to that it doesn't show the viewer's profile in the "Recent Profile Visitors" section. I'm not sure what "deception" lies in this option that you're talking about. It's a necessary tool used primarily to track people notoriously violating the Community Standards of our forum.

We (the mods) do what we can to be as active and as much online as our real lives, jobs, families allow us to be. With that in mind it should be understandable that we cannot always be online and always "watching". If you have an issue that cannot be handled by a report as that obviously can happen, feel free to use the PM option, that's what it's for as well.

The point still stands though: If you see a post/thread that's in violation of Community Standards, the best way to inform moderation of this fact is through the Report function ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

36 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Anonymous login in my eyes is an option used to hide the fact that a person's profile was viewed by a moderator, because thanks to that it doesn't show the viewer's profile in the "Recent Profile Visitors" section. I'm not sure what "deception" lies in this option that you're talking about. It's a necessary tool used primarily to track people notoriously violating the Community Standards of our forum.

I see it as deception cos someone using it deceives another person into thinking a mod or admin hasn't seen something. The objective with that is to catch someone out and trick them which is deception.

36 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

If you have an issue that cannot be handled by a report as that obviously can happen, feel free to use the PM option, that's what it's for as well.

Who are we supposed to PM then?

Often times in the past I've PMed a random mod who looked like they were online only to find out by the time I sent the PM they went offline or they took a long time to respond.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

20 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Who are we supposed to PM then?

Often times in the past I've PMed a random mod who looked like they were online only to find out by the time I sent the PM they went offline or they took a long time to respond.

I usually PM someone who is visible much ( @SansVarnic, @wkdpaul, @Crunchy Dragon). Or just admins. But mainly thats when they've locked/cleaned something recently and I want to notify them about user(s) being at it again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv