Removed foam (polyurethane) from 6XX box; inhaled something that smelled funny

Keystone Nyan Cat

I was cleaning up my apartment and removed the inner foam (polyurethane) from the Massdrop 6XX box. As I was removing it, I inhaled something that smelled really funny. I checked online and got results ranging from cancer- to everything being fine. Does anyone know if I'm actually safe?

PC in Profile

5 minutes ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

I checked online and got results ranging from cancer- to everything being fine.

Yea, that sounds about right.

If you aren't dead after ~15 minutes, then you are fine. A quick smell of something won't kill you.

It's the smell that makes it special.

like the smell of glue or fuel

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I was told once that the new car smell is actually cancerous,  maybe if you breath it in in concentrated amounts for 60 years it might be.  Same with nearly all domestic packaging, yes it could be dangerous but the chances of it being a one smell disaster are so insignificant that you are more likely to win the lottery a few times in a row.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wouldn’t worry