Is Guitar Course Worth It?

Hiya!

ok im not really one to give an advice but in my experience when i was a kid guitar lessons are worth it if its inexpensive if your just starting out.

I think it cost me $89 per lesson or something close do that, but i did dropped out because i didn't find interest in it..... Well to be exact thats not strictly true i was just too dam lazy, and ever since my dad converted my electric guitar to right handed i never bother with it again  lol.

However i might go back to it but i would have to be assure of my self first that i wont stop like after a month :P

That said my teacher was extremely dedicated and really motivated to teach us and even tutor us one on one if we are struggling. soo in the end it really depends on who is your instructor 

lives on

BAKABT

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

You could try the Ibanez V70CE which is a decent "budget" one, but I'm not sure if the neck is wider or not.   It's usually around the 200 price range.  I'd still try the hard tension sets from D'Addario first to see if that solves your problem.  There's also the extra-hard tensions.  https://www.amazon.com/DAddario-EJ46C-Pro-Arte-Composite-Classical/dp/B0006IQNAW/

That is not nylon string guitar but i will try to buy both extra tension and hard tension..thank you for your assistance :) 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

10-46 is normal gauge. 9-42 is light gauge.

When's Lunch?

On 3/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, Hiya! said:

Hello there..

I was thinking about taking a guitar course in the future but the lesson is only 30 minutes long per lesson?

I ask my older brother to teach me and even after 2 hour i am still struggling let alone 30 minutes and he have teach me for 2 week...and now i can play a little.

The place is about 10KM away from my home and it will cost me around $150/month ( 4 courses 30 minutes each per month) actually around $300 because i have to take a taxi.

For those who have experience it, What do you think?

Having played guitar on and off for close to 10 years (taken more seriously past 4 years) i'll offer my input on it. 30 minute sessions are not long enough in my opinion. Unless you are extremely young and can't concentrate for an hour; 30 minutes isn't enough to get into the stuff you really need to go into. Barre chords for example (the unofficial test of every beginner guitarist imo) will be tricky and 30 minutes isn't enough time to work out kinks

Your best best would be to find a private teacher (not a course) that will teach you. Make sure you find a teacher that will help you achieve your goals. For example you don't want a person to teach you Jazz if you wanna play rock/metal. Have a long term goal in mind; if you want to sound like Meshuaggh. That's great but learning Jazz won't help you to much there (for example)

Courses aren't really a good option unless you're going for degree's etc. Best way is individual lessons. try for a month or so if you like the teacher maybe then ask if you can book a block of lessons in one go for easy payment

You didn't mention your age or whether you're playing electric/acoustic and what genre's you like though so

31 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

You didn't mention your age or whether you're playing electric/acoustic and what genre's you like though so

sorry i am 19 and i want to master classical guitar and flamenco..my genre is a crossover between classical and metal...something like rodrigo y gabriela has been doing

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore