Is Guitar Course Worth It?

Hiya!

@valdyrgramr Knows his stuff..

I got a question for you...a lot of people say that Classical/Flamenco style of playing is the most difficult style of all..is that true?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

They're in the top 5 of the most difficult, but from my experience translating baroque stuff that predates the modern guitar is far more annoying than either style.   I'd say it's more like 1. Baroque. 2. Classical 3. Romantic Era 4. Jazz  5. Flamenco  These 5 are complicated in their own ways, but Baroque is the one that usually makes people struggle the most.  Most think of Bach and Pachabel for that era, but I wish I remember this one piece we were going over and the composer's name at the time.  I couldn't bend my hand that way, so I said fuck it and never touched that piece again.  The only other time I've had that issue was with some Bach piece. Just remember, some older pieces don't translate well even with changes.

Classical..as if a guitar or classical music?

Could you..remember it harder? lol i know its stupid but it got me intrigued.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

The only way I could do that is if I contacted my teacher, but the shop closed down and I lost contact with him 3 years ago when I moved.  So, most people when they say classical music they mean any orchestra piece.  But, in music theory, we break it up by eras of the composers.  Mozart was a classical era composer, Bach and Pachabel were Baroque era composers, and Grieg and Wagner were Romantic era composers.  The modern guitar that we know was not established until the 1800s during the baroque era in Spain, iirc.  It wasn't heavily used in a lot of music until the 1900s.  The baroque era had its own guitars, but it wasn't heavily used compared to other instruments.  So, some pieces do, while others don't, translate well onto the modern guitar.  Fugue in D translates really well, but is all over the place on the modern guitar.  I play a 7 string to help with translations due to the extended scaling.  On the modern 6 string guitar, you could have a chord or set of notes that can be a bitch to play regardless of changing up the key and other aspects.

Mozart was a bit of an anomaly. Over fifty years ago, I remember that Mozart was considered to be from the Baroque since, chronologically, he bridged the Baroque and Classical periods (depend on which expert is setting the dates of the periods) but he essentially ushered in the Classical period because of his creative style was far more advanced than his Baroque contemporaries early in his career so people now classify him with the Classical period. It's a pity his life was cut so short.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

If you learn music theory you have to learn the entire theory like from Berkeley School of Music. You can't learn some of it and say ok I got it. Music is like a language and it takes years to be fluent like the natives.

Those who learn with ears learn it like a language because they are mimicking the natives.

Jimi Hendrick is over rated? Wow. You need to hear his live concerts where he improvise. He'll blow you away. 

When's Lunch?

54 minutes ago, Boarder said:

Jimi Hendrick is over rated?

Hendrix is one of the most overrated out there, along with Queen and Elvis.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

27 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Hendrix is one of the most overrated out there, along with Queen and Elvis.

Queen is pretty good tbh..idk why they are overrated

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

6 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

idk why they are overrated

They’re not all that good.

throw the Beetles on that list too.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

41 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

They’re not all that good.

throw the Beetles on that list too.

Not all of course just like any other "not overrated band"..the beetles is still good..at least john is..although paul knows how to sing

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

the beetles is still good

Not really. There just wasn't much to compare them to when they were popular.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Not really. There just wasn't much to compare them to when they were popular.

Maybe its just how you and i differ

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I would say that i would absolutely wouldn't go to that guitar lesson.

reason 1: Half an hour isn't good for anything, you will pick up the guitar, warm up,  and the lesson is over. 1hour is the minimum, 2-3 hours would be better.

reason 2: 150 a month for 2 hours? 

reason 3: It will not only cost you 150 a month, but also you need to travel 10km, so it will also cost you extra time and money.

In the end even studying from youtube would be better alternative.

But try to find a proper teacher instead of that scam, and that would be better. Maybe even @valdyrgramr can help you in some ways? 

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

6 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

I would say that i would absolutely wouldn't go to that guitar lesson.

reason 1: Half an hour isn't good for anything, you will pick up the guitar, warm up,  and the lesson is over. 1hour is the minimum, 2-3 hours would be better.

reason 2: 150 a month for 2 hours? 

reason 3: It will not only cost you 150 a month, but also you need to travel 10km, so it will also cost you extra time and money.

In the end even studying from youtube would be better alternative.

But try to find a proper teacher instead of that scam, and that would be better. Maybe even @valdyrgramr can help you in some ways? 

i uhhh hehe..don't want to be a burden for other.

I think i will learn from youtube..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 minutes ago, Boarder said:

Here you go, rock on! ?

Is that you?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

No. I wish. ?

By the way, there's several videos strung together on this link or you can go there and select.

When's Lunch?

6 minutes ago, Boarder said:

No. I wish. ?

By the way, there's several videos strung together on this link or you can go there and select.

I don't have electric guitar i only have a classical guitar because i wanted to learn classical/flamenco lol

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, learning things on one is pretty much the same on the other it is just they can sound different.

Not exactly. Acoustic guitars are typically under higher tension, making it somewhat harder to learn on an electric and move to acoustic and be at the same level.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You missed the part right before it I assume?  I indicated that there are some differences such as tone, how they are made, and a few other things

No, I mean the strings on an acoustic are typically under higher tension. It's not a straight transition moving from learning on an electric to being able to play an acoustic well. It's more than just understanding where notes and chords are.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

17 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, I mean the strings on an acoustic are typically under higher tension. It's not a straight transition moving from learning on an electric to being able to play an acoustic well. It's more than just understanding where notes and chords are.

It depends on the string gauge drakey...although i agree that electric guitar has less tension but not by much.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

It depends on the string gauge drakey...although i agree that electric guitar has less tension but not by much.

Unless you're comparing to nylon acoustic strings on the acoustic, or running acoustic strings on your electric, standard tunings will leave the electric at an easily noticeable lower tension.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Unless you're comparing to nylon acoustic strings on the acoustic, or running acoustic strings on your electric, standard tunings will leave the electric at an easily noticeable lower tension.

I am not comparing anything. I said string tension is depends on the gauge and tuning but mostly gauge..the higher the gauge the higher the tension.

I have tried electric,acoustic and classical guitar..in fact my bro own all of em at home..the electric has less tension yes..but its not something you should worry about when you switch to acoustic with a normal 10 string gauge, even 11 gauge is still comfortable to play. 12 is too much for me.

I mean its an acoustic, you won't do a crazy lick or bend the string like you do on an electric guitar..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

@valdyrgramr Do you know any hybrid classical/electric..its a classical guitar with a nylon string but with electric style body such as the yamaha NTX1200.

I bought this Cort guitar but the neck is too slim,The string i use its a normal tensioon d'addario. When i play some notes on the high E string it often get bend under the neck and it will buzz..i make some illustration in case you didnt get it because english is not my native language..

Untitled.jpg.dbed211bd35cc7ec6cd547398581e04a.jpg

You see that the high E string get bend like that and it will buzz..So should i get another guitar with wider neck or will high tension string fix it?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Buzzing depends on string type and quality of the instrument, but usually it's just the quality of the instrument.  I suggest getting a flamenco guitar. 

https://www.amazon.com/Cordoba-GK-Studio-Negra-Signature/dp/B005D1F6S2/ This guitar lacks buzz issues and would actually be perfect for your style.  It has a spruce top which is what you want for flamenco for acoustic purposes.  There's also the C3 if you're on a budget.  However, cheaper guitars are usually going to have buzz issues.

Also, are you talking about an acoustic electric?

Have you look at the pictures? 

It buzz because the high e string get bended outside/under the neck when i play it, its like i need a wider neck but if using high tension string will fix it then i wouldn't buy a new guitar.

That GK Studio is exceeding my budget, also the C3 is not a hybird classical..i need the one with lots of frets and cutaway.

i can spend say $200..i know its not much for a guitar but its just what i have..you see i am a college student

Yes acoustic classical electric but it doesn't have to be that..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

15 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That is still depending on gauging.  A normal gauge set on an electric is 9-42.

16 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

I said string tension is depends on the gauge and tuning but mostly gauge

Not really. Early on when I used to play, I ran the same set of electric strings on both of my electrics. Both were lower tension than running acoustic strings of the same gauge on my acoustic guitar. Same manufacturers, different material. 

Then I switched my acoustic to the same electric strings on my electrics and it still required noticeably higher tension to get the same tuning. Acoustic and electric don't work on the same fundamentals when it comes to actually creating sound; an acoustic needs to create a high enough amplitude vibration to move air to make a highly audible noise. More energy is needed to create the same noted.

Whereas an electric guitar just needs to vibrate at the correct frequency for a magnet to pick it up and be translated to a higher volume noise though an electric amplifier.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

19 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Then I switched my acoustic to the same electric strings on my electrics and it still required noticeably higher tension to get the same tuning.

It does, but i never had any problem with it..because the style of playing is different between those instrument even though those are both a guitar.

If somehow you have that problem then use lower gauge on the acoustic and that should do it.

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I don't see many good options for flamenco acoustic electrics in that price range compared to just acoustics.  I can look around a bit more at some shops other than Amazon.

It doesn't have to be a flamenco, NTX700 is not a flamenco and i really want to buy one one day..thank you though.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]