Floatplane/LTT forum - text instead of icons

Hello,

On LTT forum as well as on Floatplane website I see text instead of icons o.O

• Firefox 62 ESR (uBlock disabled)

noname.png

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Asrock AB350 ITX - 64GB DDR4-3600MHz - Geforce GTX 1080 - Samsung 960Pro - Monsterlabo's "The First" - Corsair SF450

Just now, Slottr said:

F5

Unfortunately, that does not work

noname.png

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Asrock AB350 ITX - 64GB DDR4-3600MHz - Geforce GTX 1080 - Samsung 960Pro - Monsterlabo's "The First" - Corsair SF450

It's an issue with your connection, not with the website. Reload the page, restart your PC, and/or restart your router.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I will  try installing that font.

The first link load:

/* fallback */
@font-face {
  font-family: 'Material Icons';
  font-style: normal;
  font-weight: 400;
  src: url(https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/materialicons/v46/flUhRq6tzZclQEJ-Vdg-IuiaDsNc.woff2) format('woff2');
}

.material-icons {
  font-family: 'Material Icons';
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  font-size: 24px;
  line-height: 1;
  letter-spacing: normal;
  text-transform: none;
  display: inline-block;
  white-space: nowrap;
  word-wrap: normal;
  direction: ltr;
  -moz-font-feature-settings: 'liga';
  -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
}

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

It's an issue with your connection, not with the website. Reload the page, restart your PC, and/or restart your router.

I doubt it <.< Speedtest just showed (with vpn disabled) 560 Mbit dl speed over Wifi

1 minute ago, Tlpwka said:

The first link load:

I doubt it <.< Speedtest just showed (with vpn disabled) 560 Mbit dl speed over Wifi

You shouldn't need to install that font, though it will probably fix the issue. The font should be automatically be downloaded when you visit the site, to provide the icons.

If both those links work, but the icons still don't, you likely have some form of content blocking. Try loading firefox with addons disabled (≡, Help, Restart with addons disabled) and see if that helps.

HTTP/2 203

Try edge or chrome and see if the issue persists

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

8 hours ago, Tlpwka said:

The first link load:

Speed and connection aren't same thing in this sense. Something between forum and your PC is slowing packages. If LMG sites are only ones doing this, and it doesn't go away in few days, contact your ISP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I found the issue is there if I limit any websites access to my installed fonts via about:config in Firefox, as part of security settings.

@Tlpwka Yep. I was gonna recommend checking if any fonts / APIs were blocked - that's what happened in my case too.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/