UserBenchMark Possible Broken RAM and HDD

Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
26 minutes ago, Jim Liu said:

Yes its supposed to say 16gb.

Very strange.. i've heard of another user that had this issue and it turned out Windows was messed up, reinstalling Windows might be a solution but it's only a last resort.

Something to note though is that according to the benchmark you shared, it seems like it's running in Single Channel mode because the transfer speed is only 12.5GB/s, Dual Channel will double the transfer speed, and Ryzen only supports Dual Channel btw, even though you have 4 slots of RAM on your motherboard, but each slot doesn't have it's own channel, each 2 slots are connected to 1 channel so that means it's only Dual Channel, but anyway now that's out of the way, try to figure out which channel is working and which channel is not.

dual-channel1_en.jpg

On your motherboard and most Dual Channel motherboards this is how the channels are arranged, to achieve Dual Channel you have to have 1 or 2 Sticks in each channel, not 2 sticks in 1 channel, so remove 2 sticks on the left for Channel A and boot up, if it boots fine then, reinsert sticks on Channel A and remove the sticks on the right side for Channel B and boot again if it doesn't boot then you have found your culprit but if it still boots then it either means Windows is messed up somehow or your motherboard is not configuring Dual Channel correctly, so try resetting BIOS and see if that helps somehow.

So my hard drive and RAM seem to be performing way below what it supposed to be. I have 16gb of ram installed but on task manager, it only shows 8gb. Capture1.PNG.231418d5edf7023ea92ec3f8b2b3915d.PNG

Also my disk is constantly running at 100%, even though it has 200gb of empty space. I also already tried to clear my CMOS and reseated the RAM.  Is my RAM and HDD broken?

SPECS

Ryzen 7 1700 (stock)

Asrock AB350m Pro4

16GB DDR4 2133 (yes I know ryzen works better with fast ram)

RTX 2060

1 TB HDD

500GB SSD (Will transfer windows later)

650w PSU

Capture.PNG

I'm pretty sure that you got the short-end of the straw for your HDD. For your RAM, have you checked your msconfig option for maximum RAM?

I have checked the msconfig, and the option is unchecked.

Why haven't turn XMP on?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

For Ram, reseat it, make sure its in the correct slots for dual channel and seated properly. 

For HDD, 100% usage spikes are normal whenever Windows have to access it. 

Hdd is normal 

RAM is probably normal you can check bios to make sure it's. Running at the speed it should, or post some cpu z screens hots. With the memory tab open

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why haven't turn XMP on?

it is set to auto after clearing CMOS 

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

For Ram, reseat it, make sure its in the correct slots for dual channel and seated properly. 

For HDD, 100% usage spikes are normal whenever Windows have to access it. 

I have already reseated it.

4 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

Hdd is normal 

RAM is probably normal you can check bios to make sure it's. Running at the speed it should, or post some cpu z screens hots. With the memory tab open

Is this normal?

Capture2.PNG

It says 8gb is hardware reserved, are you using storemi/ram cache for disk?

in the first screen, bottom right it says theres 8gb hardware reserved ram - try looking into it

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

3 minutes ago, Jim Liu said:

Is this normal?

Capture2.PNG

CPUZ seems to detect it correctly. That's how it should be. 

11 minutes ago, Jim Liu said:

Is this normal?

Capture2.PNG

Yes it all looks good do me a favor if you could and. Get me the exact name for your ram so we can find the timings and make sure they are correct cl15 could probably go down to cl14

Also for future reference user benchmark is not a reliable benchmark at least in my eyes. 

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

2 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

Yes it all looks good do me a favor if you could and. Get me the exact name for your ram so we can find the timings and make sure they are correct cl15 could probably go down to cl14

Also for future reference user benchmark is not a reliable benchmark at least in my eyes. 

But the RAM is supposed to be 2133 not 1064mhz

14 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

It says 8gb is hardware reserved, are you using storemi/ram cache for disk?

nope

4 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

SKU: CMK8GX4M2A2133C13R

CL 13 I think

5 minutes ago, Jim Liu said:

But the RAM is supposed to be 2133 not 1064mhz

He has 2 sticks, multiple 1064 by 2 and you get your clock speed

Just now, JohnDongus said:

He has 2 sticks, multiple 1064 by 2 and you get your clock speed

I have 4 sticks

Just now, Jim Liu said:

I have 4 sticks

Oh the sku you sent was for Vengeance 4x2

Also your cpuz shows the ram running in dual channel, it should be running in quad channel as well as having the timings tightened or at least cas

Just now, JohnDongus said:

Oh the sku you sent was for Vengeance 4x2

Also your cpuz shows the ram running in dual channel, it should be running in quad channel as well as having the timings tightened or at least cas

Its the same memory but its 4x4.

My motherboard doesn't support quad channel.

1 minute ago, Jim Liu said:

Its the same memory but its 4x4.

My motherboard doesn't support quad channel.

Well looks like we found your issue I would recommend either getting a quad Channel mobo or getting dual channel ram

4 sticks can run on dual channel, as long as its 2133 according to my mobo manual.

@Jim Liu
have you seen 16GB in Task Manager before? or this is the first time you look at Task Manager and see 8GB? because there seems to be a problem with how your Windows or even Motherboard is detecting RAM and i'm pretty sure Userbenchmark didn't break anything, Ryzen is pretty wonky with 4 sticks.

also 1064.5mhz is correct because it's DDR = Double Data Rate, 1064.5 x 2 = 2133-ish

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, syn2112 said:

Problem here is that people respond without reading or paying attention to the actual post, everything you guys are asking is answered in the post itself.. kind of a waste of time

@Jim Liu
But anyway, have you seen 16GB in Task Manager before? or this is the first time you look at Task Manager and see 8GB? because there seems to be a problem with how your Windows or even Motherboard is detecting RAM and i'm pretty sure Userbenchmark didn't break anything, Ryzen is pretty wonky with 4 sticks.

also 1064.5mhz is correct because it's DDR = Double Data Rate, 1064.5x2=2133-ish

Yes its supposed to say 16gb. I'm also recently getting low memory errors in games.

I agree with @syn2112 here, the post is pretty much answered and the board detects all RAM sticks but only shows half as much. 

Can I ask @Jim Liu what happens when you go to type 'msconfig', then click on 'boot', then click on 'advanced options' and then uncheck 'maximum memory'? 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz