Star Trek Crew: Let's Talk Characters

Mister Woof

So, I've been a huge Star Trek dork since probably 1988, when I first saw The Wrath of Khan. I was only about 6, but I remember it well.

Since then, I've loved almost every iteration of ST, except the new JJVerse films.

Haven't given Discovery a try yet, but I will probably binge it all once it's over.

All time favorite character is Worf.

Worf is cool, funny, loveable, and very relatable.

For example, remember that time he was so proud of his new torpedo guidance system, and it flopped in front of everyone and the captain had to go fix it?

Yeah, I think we've all been there. 

He's torn between two cultures, one of his heritage and one of his duty and actual home. As a second generation Chinese American, I can relate.

He's also very tragic, having lost love and his identity and honor to save the universe. You just feel horrible for the guy and want him to get a win. 

Anyway, I love Star Trek and I love Worf.

He would be my chosen comrade out in space. He's honorable and wouldn't screw me over, and I know I could trust him completely. He'd have my back.

Who's your favorite Star Trek character, and why?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

That's a hard question...

My gut reaction is Data, because I think it's impossible to not like Data.

I also like Tom from Voyager. Definitely not the most trustworthy person at first, but he seems like a fun guy.

I'm not sure whether I particularly like O'Brian, or if I just feel sorry for him. That goes double for Kim.

Q is awesome.

In terms of captains, Picard is great, but Janeway is an absolute badass. She negotiated with the fucking Borg. If I were in a conflict, I would want her on my side.

Worf is definitely one of the most trustworthy characters in Star Trek. Klingon honor mixed with Starfleet code without the constant need to blow everything up.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

In the general case I think I would pick Reginald Barclay or Trip. It depends on how technical I'm feeling that day. Feeling very technical, and I'd pick Mr. Broccoli...Barclay.

I'd pick a good engineer because, if there's only the two of us, I think that maintenance and problem solving would be more important than the standard star trek universe captain skills.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Either Kirk or Archer, because neither of them are pussies that would send dozens of people to die a la Zapp Brannigan.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

im interested in the bridge crew of discovery, particularly those alien crewmembers, like that cyborg-looking lady working at navigation.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Janeway, man - she was my first ST Captain, as an extension of that; Neelix was a favourite because of how soft he was through out the series. :)

46 minutes ago, erratoris said:

Janeway, man - she was my first ST Captain, as an extension of that; Neelix was a favourite because of how soft he was through out the series. :)

Absolutely Janeway, followed by Scotty and Dr. "Bones" McCoy.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

i dont like the original star trek or voguer but dam i love next generation never watch  deep space nine but. Picard, will and wolf are among my favorites.

Also honorable mention even though i dont like voguer.  i do like the character Seven  how she is part borg until the end, apparently she completely remove all the borg parts could be worng 

lives on

BAKABT

I feel favorites are probably based on your age group and what was showing at the time.

I grew up on TNG at 5pm and then at 11pm every day.

So TNG definitely was my bias.

I feel TNG has the best self contained episodes and DS9 has the overall best story.

Worf being in both is a big seller for me.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

9 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

I feel favorites are probably based on your age group and what was showing at the time.

I grew up on TNG at 5pm and then at 11pm every day.

So TNG definitely was my bias.

I feel TNG has the best self contained episodes and DS9 has the overall best story.

Worf being in both is a big seller for me.

That is very true. To me the original star trek was well not way of saying this but too old for me, i did attempt to watch it but. As for voguer i feel like it didnt have that spark that next generation gave me. i still need to watch deep space nine as it is not on tv unlike next generation and voguer which is aired over here 

lives on

BAKABT

The episodes with the Q are probably my favorite. 

For me it was Spock from Star Trek TOS. I am the son of European immigrants and felt out of place in school. I felt like Spock who had a foot in two different cultures. His was Vulcan and Human. Mine was Macedonian and American. I was born and raised in the USA, but I can speak, read, and write in Macedonian. My American side won, but I cannot deny my other half. I was born a few months BEFORE TOS aired for the first time in 1966, but I saw TOS in reruns as I grew up in the 70's. I was fascinated.

Give me Quark. The end. Gotta love the good hearted ferengi bartender. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

4 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Give me Quark. The end. Gotta love the good hearted ferengi bartender. 

Yeah, he grows on you...

...like a wart.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!